You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, sir roger said:

Some oddities there,   Portugal not on the list for instance.

If they are anything like how they behave in a certain sport, there was fuck all wrong with them in the first place.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

I take vitamin D does this mean I'm going to struggle to buy it now because of cheeky bastard bandwagon jumpers trying to save their lives!

I've taken it in quite a low dosage for a long time as it's incredibly easy to be vitamin D deficient. I now take two a day (between 1600ius and 2000ius a day as deficiency can vary based on personal condition). No studies have been completed to prove that it helps to overcome Covid-19, however there is a section in that video that mentions a survival rate was much higher in patients who were not Vitamin D deficient compared to those that were deficient in a coincidental selection of patients. Tests are now beginning in at least three countries but outcomes are likely to take a while. 

It's not a magic bullet but it helps in a lot of other areas anyway so if it also could help fight Covid-19 also I'd say get a years worth if you haven't already. I don't think it's going to become the new toilet roll as it isn't in the public domain at the moment.

14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Vitamin D deficiency never did me any harm. As long as you ignore the theories about it being a possible cause of MS. 

My dad has very severe MS and he now only has use of one arm. It's really effected him badly and when he was diagnosed the doctors suggested at that stage there were links between vitamin D deficiency and MS. That's the main reason I started taking it. It may have no bearing at all but I'm not losing much in taking it.

7 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

My dad has very severe MS and he now only has use of one arm. It's really effected him badly and when he was diagnosed the doctors suggested at that stage there were links between vitamin D deficiency and MS. That's the main reason I started taking it. It may have no bearing at all but I'm not losing much in taking it.

I started taking it after I was diagnosed and did so for a year or two but I ran out one day and couldn’t be arsed picking my phone up to order some more. Some people may think that’s just lazy. I say to those people fuck you, I’ve got MS. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I started taking it after I was diagnosed and did so for a year or two but I ran out one day and couldn’t be arsed picking my phone up to order some more. Some people may think that’s just lazy. I say to those people fuck you, I’ve got MS. 

Sounds like M.E.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I take vitamin D does this mean I'm going to struggle to buy it now because of cheeky bastard bandwagon jumpers trying to save their lives!

I've also started taking Vitamin K2 as they work well together - you may want to look into it yourself and if your Vitamin D supplements are prescribed, you may want to get medical advice before taking K2.