You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

One of the interesting things I picked up on in this jamboree is the Scottish minister who resigned explaining he had no particular axe to grind with Cummings by saying he had never met him , which suggests that he is not seen much in and around even the cabinet members.

Interestingly, a 'downing street source' was describing the Minister to the press yesterday as 'Mr Nobody'. 

41 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Was saying earlier in the thread, this is the bit I can't figure out. I suppose there's different types of clever. People think Johnson and Rees Mog are clever because they can recite Latin verbatim, but I can recite Vanilla Ice in much the same way.

Brutal as it sounds, I think Cummings is a genius in one sense - he understands the mob. There was a line someone posted from a film on here which said 'a person is clever, people are stupid'. 

I think things like 'I drove to test my eyesight' is, on the face of it, a stupid thing to say, but look at the distraction it's caused from the actual issue of 'should he have been travelling at all'. Note too how the hashtag 'scummedia' popped up out of nowhere, how he kept the media waiting for his press conference (possibly to get them agitated and angry) and how the optics of the event had him sat on a basic table and chairs, with them standing and looming large over him. 

He throws things like that into the mix, only half caring if it works fully or not. 

They have a whole team to make him look this pathetic...

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/behavioural-insights-team

Problem being that, like you say, slight things like the media being the aggressor in the image sticks psychologically and does have a longer term impact.

It's fascinating in one respect that they are openly trying to manipulate and cojoule the public and we're not even arsed. Maybe they are good at what they do.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

That Carole Cadwalladr (sp) was saying the reason he doesn't want to go is because he's working on some sort of analytics/data mining chicanery and him and Gove have been thick as thieves about it for years. He views himself more a Zuckerberg or a Musk but without the technical skills, i.e he's a brain on legs and exists on a higher plane of existence to everyone around him, who are therefore worthy of contempt. It's amazing what you can do when you surround yourself with stupid people who love the smell of their own shit. 

Predictive analytics, effectively predicting individuals reactions to stimuli based on previous interactions and historical comparison, again fascinating.

All the big tech firms are working with it/using it, in effect, to trick us in to thinking we are making our own choices given the information/stimulas we have, expunging the conditioning like exposure we have been recieving. Think the Syrian reugees picture used by Farage and his ilk.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAcbHYS2gfho7Xw5JLphg

A decent article on it https://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/machinelearningtimes/predictive-analytics-the-power-to-predict-human-behavior/1907/

All very Orwellian, but imagine if they could isolate a single piece of music/sound/pitch that made the viewer happy, or sad, they could link this to individually tailored algorithmic threads. So, a person would respond based on the underlying emotion and not the actual stimulus making their choices not of their own thought, but emotionally tied and then this is connected forever.

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Government can go fuck themselves if they think I'm downloading their app.

I wouldn't worry it'll never work reliably and will kill your battery. I worked in NHS IT for a couple of years, all their centralised big project thinking is on display here. It'll be killed in a couple of months when they adopt Apple and Google's decentralised and functional solution.

57 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Predictive analytics, effectively predicting individuals reactions to stimuli based on previous interactions and historical comparison, again fascinating.

All the big tech firms are working with it/using it, in effect, to trick us in to thinking we are making our own choices given the information/stimulas we have, expunging the conditioning like exposure we have been recieving. Think the Syrian reugees picture used by Farage and his ilk.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAcbHYS2gfho7Xw5JLphg

A decent article on it https://www.predictiveanalyticsworld.com/machinelearningtimes/predictive-analytics-the-power-to-predict-human-behavior/1907/

All very Orwellian, but imagine if they could isolate a single piece of music/sound/pitch that made the viewer happy, or sad, they could link this to individually tailored algorithmic threads. So, a person would respond based on the underlying emotion and not the actual stimulus making their choices not of their own thought, but emotionally tied and then this is connected forever.

Yeah it's fucking terrifying. I heard a trump advisor recently describing people as 'human capital stock'. That's where we are now. All the more reason to ditch social media in my view, it's just an emotion engine for getting you to do shit, be it buy shite or engage in a two minutes' hate. 

• Upvote 1

It's out of order people haranguing him on his doorstep but there's a certain poetic justice to it. Members of the public filming themselves shouting at him on TikTok for instance, seeing as these are the forces he helped unleash. 

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's out of order people haranguing him on his doorstep but there's a certain poetic justice to it. Members of the public filming themselves shouting at him on TikTok for instance, seeing as these are the forces he helped unleash. 

Is it out really of order? Jezza had to deal with that every single day

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I think things like 'I drove to test my eyesight' is, on the face of it, a stupid thing to say, but look at the distraction it's caused from the actual issue of 'should he have been travelling at all'. Note too how the hashtag 'scummedia' popped up out of nowhere, how he kept the media waiting for his press conference (possibly to get them agitated and angry) and how the optics of the event had him sat on a basic table and chairs, with them standing and looming large over him. 

The testing my eyesight story it a two pronged attack. Firstly its a distraction technique from the real issue and a way of making light of something that is actually a very serious issue.

Secondly and more disturbingly, Its a way for the government to readjust the way we think about the truth.

The majority of people know that this isn't the truth, but they are very publicly telling us it is the truth.

For the government to decide that they know its not true, we know its not true, but we are betting that we can put this out there and get away with it is very sinister indeed. A sign of things to come if these lunatics stay in power. 

Is it fuck out of order. These cunts have weaponised anti-immigrant feelings, Islamaphobia, anti-Semitism and most other things ending in ist to hold on to power. If they get door stepped by the press and members of the public then fuck it, they're just reaping the discord and venom they've sowed into society.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I don't agree with the doorstep harassment. Firstly because it's just wrong. Secondly it gives him sympathy and from what I've read about the man that's something he wouldn't give to sombody else, unlike Corona.

Don’t give him any. Fuck him and his family.

• Upvote 1

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/five-things-may-27-trnd/index.html

Coronavirus antibody testing may not be as reliable as we thought. The CDC now says tests used to determine if people have been infected in the past with Covid-19 might be wrong up to half the time. This can be especially dangerous if the test results in a false positive, leading people to believe they have been infected in the past and may be immune (it's still not clear whether a past infection means someone can't get the virus again). Regardless, the CDC says the antibody tests aren't accurate enough to use to make important policy decisions, like figuring out when people should return to work. Health officials or providers using antibody tests need to use the most accurate ones they can find and might need to test people twice, the CDC says.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/27/us/five-things-may-27-trnd/index.html

Coronavirus antibody testing may not be as reliable as we thought. The CDC now says tests used to determine if people have been infected in the past with Covid-19 might be wrong up to half the time. This can be especially dangerous if the test results in a false positive, leading people to believe they have been infected in the past and may be immune (it's still not clear whether a past infection means someone can't get the virus again). Regardless, the CDC says the antibody tests aren't accurate enough to use to make important policy decisions, like figuring out when people should return to work. Health officials or providers using antibody tests need to use the most accurate ones they can find and might need to test people twice, the CDC says.

Fuck... we now need @Spy Bee to offset this sad news with some happy corona related news..

• Upvote 2

China appear to be ruling out the Wuhan seafood market as the source of the virus.

https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-seafood-market-victim-coronavirus-china-cdc-1506766

"At first, we assumed the seafood market might have the virus, but now the market is more like a victim. The novel coronavirus had existed long before," CCDCP director Gao Fu said on Monday, as reported by Chinese state-run newspaper Global Times.

5 minutes ago, TK421 said:

China appear to be ruling out the Wuhan seafood market as the source of the virus.

https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-seafood-market-victim-coronavirus-china-cdc-1506766

"At first, we assumed the seafood market might have the virus, but now the market is more like a victim. The novel coronavirus had existed long before," CCDCP director Gao Fu said on Monday, as reported by Chinese state-run newspaper Global Times.

Who's your money on folks China, US or Russia?