You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just making up things to lie about now. What the fuck was even the purpose of that little exercise? Just another demonstration of how much you can get away with? He will, too. The country is fucked because the population by and large are fucking idiots and read the kinds of rags that suck these silver spooned bluffers arseholes.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Per capita they are second, we are first.

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Are they? I thought per capita the were 2nd in Europe to the uk

7 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

"the country with the highest number of Covid-19 deaths in the world per capita over the last week, data shows.

Statistic is good in painting a picture you want to see.

They are well below the countries I listed, also close to Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland.

Funny thing is that they didn't actually experiment, they applied the traditional approach for and epidemic of a relatively mild disease, which is reduce number of contacts and wait until it seasonally wanes. Lockdowns were an experiment.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Just making up things to lie about now. What the fuck was even the purpose of that little exercise? Just another demonstration of how much you can get away with? He will, too. The country is fucked because the population by and large are fucking idiots and read the kinds of rags that suck these silver spooned bluffers arseholes.

Because its all the evil lefts fault that the media are outside his house because he broke the rules but didn't break the rules and isn't sorry. 

CUMMINGS CAUGHT WANKING ONTO FOREHEAD OF BABY IN ORPHANAGE

"I was administering plasma to a distressed child, but didn't want to touch him with my dirty hands, as that could have spread the virus".

GOVE: "He did what any caring citizen would do, he acted selflessly, putting himself at risk to help save someone else.  He shouldn't be vilified for this, he should be rewarded, you should aspire to be him".

JOHNSON: "I spoke with him at length, he said he was right and I said he was right, and he wants to hold a press conference from an orphanage, at night, and for us to leave him alone immediately after the presser so he can get back to work".

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Because its all the evil lefts fault that the media are outside his house because he broke the rules but didn't break the rules and isn't sorry. 

Did you see his neighbours hounding him yesterday?  I wouldnt be surprised if one of them launches at him soon.  He's taking the piss, people only have a finite tolerance of this. 

3 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Someone said yesterday that they were going to contact the police to find out how many incidents Cummings had reported. 

Alastair Campbell on Sky news.

Spoke about met police having a specific department for such people, as he would know.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

"the country with the highest number of Covid-19 deaths in the world per capita over the last week, data shows.

Statistic is good in painting a picture you want to see.

They are well below the countries I listed, also close to Netherlands, Ireland, Switzerland.

Funny thing is that they didn't actually experiment, they applied the traditional approach for and epidemic of a relatively mild disease, which is reduce number of contacts and wait until it seasonally wanes. Lockdowns were an experiment.

Well, it won the tallest dwarf competition this week, so I’m happy! 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell they just lie lie lie lie lie lie lie 

Radio 2 is worth a listen now , Vanessa Feltz is sticking it to them on the Jeremy Vine show. She's got Robert Jenrick on toast here 

Didn't realise he had a radio show as well. I like his TV show on Channel 5

• Downvote 1

I can't reconcile the fact that Cummings seems dense with the fact he mustn't be considering his achievements he's made in terms of the Tory landslide and Vote Leave, same with Johnson. It hurts my head.

I know everyone compares people they don't like to Hitler, but I remember a film about his 'rise to power' with Robert Carlisle playing the man himself, and a journo interviews him and is talking to his wife. He says that Hitler seems 'unremarkable in every way' but has some kind of gift for knowing how people tick and being able to use it to his advantage. 

I caught a bit about that Brexit film where Cumberbatch plays Cummings, don't know how much of it is true but while others are conducting surveys and focus groups, Cummings is in pubs asking punters what they think of the EU. 

Reminds me a bit of the huge contrast between Labour's complex election manifesto and the Tories small one with 'Get Brexit Done' repeated ad infinitum.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fucking hell they just lie lie lie lie lie lie lie 

Radio 2 is worth a listen now , Vanessa Feltz is sticking it to them on the Jeremy Vine show. She's got Robert Jenrick on toast here 

I bet she has nomnomnom

Just now, Section_31 said:

I can't reconcile the fact that Cummings seems dense with the fact he mustn't be considering his achievements he's made in terms of the Tory landslide and Vote Leave, same with Johnson. It hurts my head.

Been thinking a lot about this recently. For me the first time I remember thinking this way was when Nick Griffin was on Question Time in 2009. All the hype beforehand was that he was particularly dangerous because of what an astute mind he had in terms of legitimising extreme right wing views. And then Question Time actually happened, and it turned out he was about as articulate and convincing as a drunk uncle on Christmas evening. 

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I know everyone compares people they don't like to Hitler, but I remember a film about his 'rise to power' with Robert Carlisle playing the man himself, and a journo interviews him and is talking to his wife. He says that Hitler seems 'unremarkable in every way' but has some kind of gift for knowing how people tick and being able to use it to his advantage. 

I caught a bit about that Brexit film where Cumberbatch plays Cummings, don't know how much of it is true but while others are conducting surveys and focus groups, Cummings is in pubs asking punters what they think of the EU. 

Reminds me a bit of the huge contrast between Labour's complex election manifesto and the Tories small one with 'Get Brexit Done' repeated ad infinitum.

I watched that film before I had any idea who Cummings was. As I guess was supposed to happen, I found myself liking the fellow even though he was the architect of something I remain dead against.

Now I know what a lying, uninspiring, entitled, numpty he really is I can’t help but dislike Cumberbatch for reeling me in. 

1 minute ago, sh#t waffle said:

Been thinking a lot about this recently. For me the first time I remember thinking this way was when Nick Griffin was on Question Time in 2009. All the hype beforehand was that he was particularly dangerous because of what an astute mind he had in terms of legitimising extreme right wing views. And then Question Time actually happened, and it turned out he was about as articulate and convincing as a drunk uncle on Christmas evening. 

Haha yeah he was a donut. Farage was the T-1000 to his T-800. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think there is a lot to be compare with this government and the Nazi's. And that's not to compare them politically, that is another discussion. But it's about the way they message, care little of the truth, utilise people's base instincts and excuse most of their actions through bogeymen. Cummings has pushed an agenda not dissimilar to the way Goebbels did. Johnson is a lazy work shy cunt lacking attention to detail like Hitler was, but had the ability to take the population with him

• Upvote 1

The way Johnson is wilfully slaughtering his own citizens is more comparable to the Nazis than Churchill.  Sending infected hospital patients into care homes is outright murder, in my book.  Turning on the media and judiciary, it's the territory of a dictatorship.