You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Have I missed a story? Why would he die? Or why is it more likely than trump dying?

He's 77 and he keeps malfunctioning. He's losing track of what he's saying in a sentence and just stopping. I haven't got time to fine the clips now, but check him on YouTube, he's definitely suffering with dementia or something which is impairing him cognitively. 

6 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Why, what have you heard?

Per capita up there in the who let most of its citizens die unnecessarily league table, we of course sit top!

With Brexit’s untold riches on the way we’re in a strong position to consolidate this in to a dynasty! 

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

He's 77 and he keeps malfunctioning. He's losing track of what he's saying in a sentence and just stopping. I haven't got time to fine the clips now, but check him on YouTube, he's definitely suffering with dementia or something which is impairing him cognitively. 

Worked for Reagan

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spy Bee said:

I did see some stuff a while back. I thought that had been answered, I didn't realise it was still going. 

He's not the official nominee yet is he? The others suspended their campaigns but it still needs ratifying at the DNC in august? I think before then it's almost open season if he withdraws or dies. 

• Upvote 2

I don't think Johnson has a Commons majority of 80 anymore.

There will be a few moderates who have seen the problem grow too big.  Sure, they all knew about Cummings, but there was a line of thinking that was "he may be a cunt, but he's OUR vote-winning cunt", which saw them through their initial moral maze.  They thought he was tamed, that he was a controlled explosion, that Gove and Johnson could have him to heel at any time.  But what they see now is the cunt unmuzzled, in the garden, without a lead, and a low fence.  Johnson and Gove have zero control over him, and some Tories will be seeing central government edict in a different light. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I don't think Johnson has a Commons majority of 80 anymore.

There will be a few moderates who have seen the problem grow too big.  Sure, they all knew about Cummings, but there was a line of thinking that was "he may be a cunt, but he's OUR vote-winning cunt", which saw them through their initial moral maze.  They thought he was tamed, that he was a controlled explosion, that Gove and Johnson could have him to heel at any time.  But what they see now is the cunt unmuzzled, in the garden, without a lead, and a low fence.  Johnson and Gove have zero control over him, and some Tories will be seeing central government edict in a different light. 

Great analogy.

Dominic 'Mad Dog' Cummings.

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Michael Gove has told LBC he has 'on occasion' driven to check his eyesight, but the Minister said he was 'not an authority on driving.'

They have zero fucking shame.

It's cheaper than an opticians to be fair. If you run over a pensioner you need a stronger prescription, if not you're fine.

34 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Per capita up there in the who let most of its citizens die unnecessarily league table, we of course sit top!

With Brexit’s untold riches on the way we’re in a strong position to consolidate this in to a dynasty! 

They are still well below UK, Italy, Spain, France, Belgium and they didn not have to sit at home.

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

I’m starting to think that they want people to respond to this story by voluntarily breaking the lockdown rules... so they don’t have to be seen as to have ‘relaxed’ the rules themselves. “Look the people aren’t tired of this and are no longer listening so don’t blame us when R rises again” Am I giving them too much credit here? 

I think that’ll be a fortunate/unfortunate consequence but I don’t think it was planned that way initially. 

• Like 1

Cummings caught telling more Porkies. You’d assume the Bot King would be aware of Wayback. Apparently not.

During that press conference on Monday, Dominic Cummings claimed that he had been worried about a pandemic for some time and that last year he had written about the possible threat of coronaviruses and the urgent need for planning.

Jens Wiechers, a data scientist, put Cummings’ blog post mentioning coronaviruses through the Wayback Machine – a digital archive – and found that the relevant paragraphs had been added on 14 April – the day Cummings returned to work after the trip to Durham.

The BBC’s Faisal Islam’s thread has more on this story:

Faisal Islam (@faisalislam)

Weirder and weirder...@jwiechers put blog through Internet archive machine and reference to coronavirus, quote on coronavirus was not in the version of blog saved on Way Back MAchine on Apr 9 2020 ... but is there this month...https://t.co/Bwmwgm2jFg

May 25, 2020

No Faisal, it’s not weird. He’s a fucking liar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1