You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

That press conference. Fucking hell. Will the general public accept this shite? I really think they will. Will the journalists accept being so blatantly fucked off? Probably. What a mess this country is in

Its a good test actually. If Cummings can get past such blatant wummery, then surely the govt can do whatever it wants. The opposition may as well call it a day.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

No man - pretty sure you know where this is coming from.

To the first point there are and have been vaccines for flu - there are still deaths every year from it - you get the jab, it has mutated and you still get it. So it is really a mental placater - even with it there is still risk.

Unless the second peak (or third) is a mountain it will end up being spun effectively by most governments for differing reasons. 

Let's say the second (third) peak is as big as the first, or bigger. The UK finishes this year at 80k. Maybe the US is at 200k. At some point those numbers will end up being normalized in a couple of ways. First someone (in da gubment) is going to point out the death rate of the most deadly airborne disease - tuberculosis. Which has a couple vaccines.

Covid has a hell of alot of ground to make up.

After that, there will be data coming out as to how many people ( which I venture will be ultimately measured in billions)  have been adversely effected ( physically, mentally and oh yeah, economically). 

And that would just be the first wave of analysis - if things stay "new normal" for five years, politically from the left that is going to be lllllooooonnnngggg row to hoe. 

Health authorities in Spain have revised downward the country’s death toll from the coronavirus by nearly 2,000, bringing the total number of deaths recorded to 26,834, AFP reports.

A new system of gathering data had allowed them to identify cases that were counted twice and exclude deaths wrongly attributed to the virus, said Fernando Simon, the health ministry’s emergencies coordinator.

I found the Cummings statement from Downing Street to be very sinister. 

That was a flex of his muscles in public, to show the journalists and the public that they should be careful what they say about him. 

The Prime Minister cannot sack that man.  He gets to use Downing Street to hold his own personal press conference to defend himself.  

It's little wonder we saw that tweet yesterday.  Staff in the civil service must be petrified of him.  He can do what he likes, treat you like utter shit, threaten you, he could even hit you, right in front of Ministers, including the Attorney General, and nothing would happen. 

He has the keys to a cupboard full of skeletons which would derail both Brexit and the government at large. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I found the Cummings statement from Downing Street to be very sinister. 

That was a flex of his muscles in public, to show the journalists and the public that they should be careful what they say about him. 

The Prime Minister cannot sack that man.  He gets to use Downing Street to hold his own personal press conference to defend himself.  

It's little wonder we saw that tweet yesterday.  Staff in the civil service must be petrified of him.  He can do what he likes, treat you like utter shit, threaten you, he could even hit you, right in front of Ministers, including the Attorney General, and nothing would happen. 

He has the keys to a cupboard full of skeletons which would derail both Brexit and the government at large. 

People need to stop thinking about him like some Rasputin type chancer and frame him as what he is, an over privileged Incel who happened to be really good at analytics and optics and has cast a spell over the power hungry with his ‘witchcraft’ that they don’t understand, apart from how it helps them cling on to power.

He’ll have skeletons, and does have, read his blog and social engagement, but he’s useful as he provides a very effective service. When that’s past it’s usefulness he’ll be thrown under the nearest bendy bus.

He’s a self important cunt whose ‘confidence’ has been cultivated by the incessant bullying he’s received throughout his life for being weak. He’s not overly smart, he’s just clinging to the one thing that he’s been told he had at the expense of all other virtues, intelligence, of a sort, and this is the only thing that didn’t stop the feeble cunt topping himself.

He’s not the smartest in the room, he’s just the one who is damaged enough to tell people they’re stupid without proving why.

28 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The haven’t won, but they’re winning, and that’s fucking hard to take.

I'm not so sure, they think they are and there's real complacency about their behaviour. The assumption being we're on the downward slope now, the lockdown is nearing the end and everything will be back to near normal in a couple of weeks so does it really matter that Dom is taking the piss?

If the relaxation triggers another wave potentially bigger than the first or it returns this autumn they're really going to struggle.The ensuing economic depression might cause a few hiccups for them?

I find it difficult to believe that former Labour voters haven't had a rude awakening but then again it's over 4 years away from Boris & co being tested again.

13 minutes ago, clangers said:

I'm not so sure, they think they are and there's real complacency about their behaviour. The assumption being we're on the downward slope now, the lockdown is nearing the end and everything will be back to near normal in a couple of weeks so does it really matter that Dom is taking the piss?

If the relaxation triggers another wave potentially bigger than the first or it returns this autumn they're really going to struggle.The ensuing economic depression might cause a few hiccups for them?

I find it difficult to believe that former Labour voters haven't had a rude awakening but then again it's over 4 years away from Boris & co being tested again.

There won't be another lockdown. People will break this one now and if the R number goes back to 3 and the country is in a mess, Johnson will tell us we're not disciplined enough and despite all his efforts, well just have to get on with it. It's what they've wanted all along. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Now they just get to carry on and make the country even worse. Opposition party's need to be on their case on every single deal they do. Every fucking thing.

No PMQ's for a few weeks conveniently 

20 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Bad shit that, I was going to post about people over the last few days think it's all over, it is now. 

I don't think most people give a fuck now, if they ever have, the selfish cunts. Theres people and kids on the Church Square by me right now having a nice old time as if everything is normal, i doubt it will ever be but with these bastards it certainly will not. 

I'm sticking to the precautions for at least a few more months, and even then I'll be taking care. 

16 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

We are now per capita the worst effected county on the planet, followed by Sweden, The US & Brazil.

This is catastrophic management that has seen tens of thousands die because of arrogance/incompetence/intention misguidance.

Or 'The Conservative Party Manifesto', to give it its full name.

• Upvote 1

In some better news Ireland had no deaths today from Corona virus. Last Monday there was 4 and it jumped to double digits over the next few days. Will be interesting to see the numbers for the next couple of days.