You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, clockspeed said:

Think the fact.that he is taking questions would indicate he not resigning. I also think giving an unelected civil servant a platform to make a statement and take questions is I appropriate. Should be his boss doing this.

You’re probably right on both points. Actually, definitely right on the second.

I wonder if he sought permission to deliver a statement, has been ordered to do it or has simply told Boris he’s doing it! 

He has to be resigning. Surely to god he isn't going to go on, play the victim, beg not to be hounded saying he's got kids etc and make an even bigger embarrassment of the whole fucking thing? 

Oh hang on, the smug arrogant bastard doesn't think he has done anything wrong because he isn't working class. 

Seeing as he is theoretically a civil servant, we saw how their tweet went yesterday, he is not allowed to take part in any political controversy through statements/letters or speeches to the press. 

Obviously we know the rules do not apply to him.

If the press had any backbone or cared about doing their job they would boycott his self serving press conference, especially the organisations that the Tories are currently refusing to put cabinet ministers on. 

23 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Seeing as he is theoretically a civil servant, we saw how their tweet went yesterday, he is not allowed to take part in any political controversy through statements/letters or speeches to the press. 

Obviously we know the rules do not apply to him.

If the press had any backbone or cared about doing their job they would boycott his self serving press conference, especially the organisations that the Tories are currently refusing to put cabinet ministers on. 

Yep. Being reported in the guardian. 

Screenshot_20200525-134556.jpg

Guest Pistonbroke
22 minutes ago, Lario said:

What time is all this supposed to be happening lads?

When Dom decides it should happen. 

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Great leadership from Boris this, Jesus christ what a shambles.

Shambles you say...

Ahead of Dominic Cummings’ public statement this afternoon, a number of people on Twitter are flagging the government’s Code of Conduct for Special Advisers which states they must not take “public part in political controversy”.

Point 14 states:

Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets.

They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their Minister or the Department.

Oh, it’s getting personal! 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Did he actually leave his kids at his parents for the two weeks or so they were ill.

His mum has come out saying his visit was when his uncle died. Despite it seeming he visited on a number of occasions including a jolly out to a castle. His mums birthday was also around the times he is supposed to have gone up there. He broke th rules more than once. He should be sacked. 

I too think people outside his house yesterday was a bit too much but the media are vermin and they do it to everyone. I'm not going to let that blind the reality that he is a horrible vicious arrogant cunt though. 

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Did he actually leave his kids at his parents for the two weeks or so they were ill.

I believe not. There are a few properties on their land and I think him, wife and child stayed isolated in one. His sister dropped food and supplies. Just close to family in case him and wife became so bad they needed to pass child to someone immediately.

Obviously allegedly plus that could all be lies and untrue but I believe that is the narrative.