You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Thd audience who need to be watching are not and will not, and even if they did they wouldn’t care.

Our echo chamber condemns this whilst Mr and Mrs of somewhere nondescript got bored and turned over when they didn’t know who Darren Cumming was.

I'd normally agree with what you're saying but it feels different this time, look at hecklers outside Cummings house last night, also the mail and a lot of the media are turning on him. I think Johnson and Cummings have misjudged the mood this time.

31 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's embarrassing is not seeing what Boris is all about in the first place FFS look at the guys past. I don't know who Tim Montgomerie is but hes a fucking tit. It's like admiting you were wrong as the great white swallows your legs.

Montgomerie writes for the times and was one of Johnson best mates in achieving power. You are 100% right about him being a tit but that wasnt the point i was trying to make, I was trying to say (obviously not very well) that if Johnson loses journalists like that (Kuenssberg has even changed her tone) it can become very difficult for a politician to maintain the fake popularity with which they've used to deceive a large slice of the country.

8 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The latest justification seems to be that Cummings uncle had recently died and nobody has acknowledged that they were a grieving family. 

If that's their briefed line, that's just going to add even more fuel to the fire. 

That's the sister, the mother, the father, his wife, his kid and now his uncle hes used as an excuse. Fucking hell he only got the cat left to blame.

• Upvote 2

When you’ve pissed off Bumble you know it must be bad

@BumbleCricket

Incensed doesn’t come close ... I haven’t left my house for 10 weeks , other than to walk ... I have done the right thing by government directive .. who is this f.,?!ing tit Cummings ?

10 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The thing is with these advisors, you can sack them, still use them and bring them back easily enough anyway when the storm is over. I don't quite understand why they've not just sacked him. 

I thought that. 

Or have Bojo come out and publicly condemn Cummings, say he’s reminded Cummings of his responsibilities, Cummings has apologised and will accept whatever police action may come his way and that Cummings keeps his role while we’re outlining ways to exit lockdown and will be reviewed at a future point?

The future review obviously never occurs. 

What Bojo said last night, literally couldn’t have fanned the flames any more.  

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I thought that. 

Or have Bojo come out and publicly condemn Cummings, say he’s reminded Cummings of his responsibilities, Cummings has apologised and will accept whatever police action may come his way and that Cummings keeps his role while we’re outlining ways to exit lockdown and will be reviewed at a future point?

Don't know why they didn't do this . They could have brazened this scenario out quite easily. Anyway think it best that he stays by time of next election the pair of them will be pretty toxic especially when Brexit doesn't deliver what was promised. 

The fucking BBC this morning. To provide some "balance" to the story, they got opinion from Tim montgomery and some twat from Guido Fawkes. When did Guido Fawkes get to air their views on mainstream media? It's like bringing in Harold Shipman and Fred West to discuss the impact of serial killers in society. 

Then they get the head of some association for primary schools to talk about kids returning to school. He said the reasons to bring back the young kids is spurious and was about to suggest that if you were being cynical you might think the government want this virus to spread and was about to link it to the Dominic Cummings story (which is clearly going to have that impact). They just cut him off as he was trying to make the point. The BBC are an absolute disgrace and this breakfast show is just an extension of kuenssbergs no 10 press office. 

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I thought that. 

We all go out and break lockdown, which drives the herd immunity they're after and if it all goes wrong and it drives the R number back to 3, it's our fault for breaking lockdown. Simples. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dominic Cummings's prime directive is to destroy the state. If he stays on, he will be a constant reminder of how you cannot trust the institutions of state and those who operate those institutions. If he has to go, those who support his mission to destroy the state will be further energised. It's a win-win for him.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

This is quite sobering 

There are seven and a half billion people left, happen I’ll meet more.

The only sober thing about that is what she should have been before she wrote that shite, then perhaps she’d realise how stupid it is and delete her twitter account.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Barry Wom said:

We all go out and break lockdown, which drives the herd immunity they're after and if it all goes wrong and it drives the R number back to 3, it's our fault for breaking lockdown. Simples. 

The presenter on sky news has just basically said to someone 'isn't this all part of a plan to get lock down over with' 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

There are seven and a half billion people left, happen I’ll meet more.

The only sober thing about that is what she should have been before she wrote that shite, then perhaps she’d realise how stupid it is and delete her twitter account.

You ok Hun?  

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

That's the sister, the mother, the father, his wife, his kid and now his uncle hes used as an excuse. Fucking hell he only got the cat left to blame.

New family development, the kid has developed autism. I really shouldn’t be this cynical about something like that, but in this case I am.

Negged for the use if "simples". I think in hindsight, you'll agree that's fair.

7 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Don't know who that chap is, but publishing your own bank details online doesn't seem the brightest idea.

You give your bank details to everybody when you issue a cheque , it is card details and internet account access that are the main gateways to fraud.

The fucking BBC this morning. To provide some "balance" to the story, they got opinion from Tim montgomery and some twat from Guido Fawkes. When did Guido Fawkes get to air their views on mainstream media? It's like bringing in Harold Shipman and Fred West to discuss the impact of serial killers in society. 

Then they get the head of some association for primary schools to talk about kids returning to school. He said the reasons to bring back the young kids is spurious and was about to suggest that if you were being cynical you might think the government want this virus to spread and was about to link it to the Dominic Cummings story (which is clearly going to have that impact). They just cut him off as he was trying to make the point. The BBC are an absolute disgrace and this breakfast show is just an extension of kuenssbergs no 10 press office. 

I've fucked off  anything about news from the BBC  they really are a disgrace