You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

43 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

My brother’s girlfriend is from Sunderland, she’s not seen them for 3 months.  She’s driving up tomorrow.  Can’t say I agree with her doing it, but I’m sure there’ll be tens of thousands of people doing the same thing.  Johnson has just guaranteed a second peak. 

It’s snowballing, the Mrs wants to go and see her mother tomorrow, I’ll try and stop her but she’s been looking for an excuse for some time.

11 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Well it might not be easy to prove. I'm sure the PM can get that type of data deleted pretty easily and make it look like her went nowhere. I think we'll need more independent data than government provided information. 

Where's that from? 

Dunno mate, you would be getting into seriously murky waters there, also it doesn’t appear that the local cops are onside and it is they who hold the data.

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

It’s snowballing, the Mrs wants to go and see her mother tomorrow, I’ll try and stop her but she’s been looking for an excuse for some time.

Dunno mate, you would be getting into seriously murky waters there, also it doesn’t appear that the local cops are onside and it is they who hold the data.

We'll see. I just can't imagine Johnson coming out like he has if there's clear evidence there and it can't be difficult for him to know that. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

People shouldn't use this as an excuse to break lockdown it's not about those fuckers it's about the people you care about and not shitting on the essential workers and NHS.

The cynics amongst us might think this is the desired outcome...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

People shouldn't use this as an excuse to break lockdown it's not about those fuckers it's about the people you care about and not shitting on the essential workers and NHS.

That's what's so despicable about the whole Cummings affair. They've decided to fuck all that for the sake of this one cunt's career. Gobsmacking.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

That's what's so despicable about the whole Cummings affair. They've decided to fuck all that for the sake of this one cunt's career. Gobsmacking.

It may be Johnson's first true Trumpian moment of undermining basic democratic norms.

32 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's the weekend lag, there's a delay in reporting, today and Monday- as it's a bank holiday- will have very low figures, then there'll be a big correction later in the week. To be fair, the deaths and infections are seeing a very sustained drop now, it's just horrendous that 1-2 hundred deaths is seen as good news.

image.png

It's horrible I know, absolutely no solace in it for any relation of a victim to it that's for sure. 

I'm Irish myself so our numbers seem EU be dropping as well. Only 54 new infections today and 4 deaths. So fingers crossed it's a trend for everyone now. 

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It's horrible I know, absolutely no solace in it for any relation of a victim to it that's for sure. 

I'm Irish myself so our numbers seem EU be dropping as well. Only 54 new infections today and 4 deaths. So fingers crossed it's a trend for everyone now. 

Only because of the lockdown, our UK psychopaths seem determined to fuck that up.

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Lockdown is over now after this, I’ve had three of my mates today, all Labour supporters who hate the Tories, say they’re done with it now and will be visiting their family and friends again from tomorrow. Obviously tried to tell them they need to keep on following it but they’re just not arsed now. He’s fucked it completely, and if there is a second spike then no one will listen to him if he tries to put measures back in place. 

30 minutes ago, Mudface said:

There is a chance a fair few see their careers intertwined. And probably feel that is a good thing.

11 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Oh, Dan.... (part 56,258)

The government always left some gaps they could exploit anyway. I seem to remember at one point they said no more than 10 mins. At another they said "certainly less travel than your exercise when you get there". They've been deliberately ambiguous throughout. It makes it easy for them to flout the rules and easy to blame the public for not adhering to them should the numbers not come down. 

9 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He’s fucked it completely, and if there is a second spike then no one will listen to him if he tries to put measures back in place. 

Even if there is it won't matter, we are now talking about 60k, not 600k. I said months ago that unless there were literally bodies lining the roads in the Western World (as there would have been with 600k) this would prove to be the death knell for the left in both the UK and the US.