You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Don't know if it's been mentioned, Sophy Ridge in an unprecedented step put out the questions that she wanted Cummings to answer via Schapps last night on Twitter.

They couldn't even be fucked to try to bother answering any of those.

He bowled up to the interview this morning completely unprepared.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Sophie Ridge put out the questions that she wanted Cummings to answer via Schapps last night on Twitter.

They couldn't even be fucked to try to bother answering any of those.

He bowled up to the interview this morning completely unprepared.

Shapps said 'I thought I was coming on to talk about transport'. Ridge reminded him that against all protocol, she sent him the questions yesterday.

It all getting re run on sky. 

18 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I'll be amazed if he lasts the day.

Summoned?

If he goes he will probably get a job elsewhere. Kuenssberg is the one who should not be let off the hook, her so called journalism yesterday was beyond brazen. 

I cant stand the guardian but Cadwalldr  is normally on the button and unfortunately her prediction below  will probably be correct.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

If he goes he will probably get a job elsewhere. Kuenssberg is the one who should not be let off the hook, her so called journalism yesterday was beyond brazen. 

I cant stand the guardian but Cadwalldr  is normally on the button and unfortunately her prediction below  will probably be correct.

I was thinking he can just continue to advise the government on WhatsApp or whatever.  

It needs to go further, there should be criminal prosecutions for this sort of thing and a seizure of assets/technology to enable full scrutiny of his role in the pandemic.

Still entertaining, though. 

This could go either way, and it all depends on Cummings ego.

He could flip sides and look to bring them down for having the temerity to sack him, or he could accept a ceremonial sacking and continue to work behind the scenes.

I’m not sure they’ll get away with a ceremonial sacking. There are enough Tory MP’s who’ve stuck their necks out to rid the party of him. Any whiff he’s still in the frame and they’ll be squealing to the media.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That Times story is beyond damning. Johnson can’t walk away from that, surely. What am I thinking, the doffers will still see to it he has support.

Murdoch clearly doesn't want him around. Murdoch will win for sure.

Mary Wakefield's wiki entry (was just checking to find out a bit more about her - very interesting family line) was edited a minute or two before I went on to say she was granted "special dispensation" by the UK government to travel. No citation 

image.png

It's been taken off already by another user, calling out the lie. So, at least that system works.

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

That Times story is beyond damning. Johnson can’t walk away from that, surely. What am I thinking, the doffers will still see to it he has support.

Such a pity that only a tiny fraction of the population will get to hear about it, never mind read it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Labour won’t say anything about it. They can’t. Kinnock travelled from Wales to London on the 28th March to see his parents on his father’s birthday, and Starmer then gave him a junior shadow ministerial position on the 9th April. They can’t say shit because the press will be all over this decision.

It's not quite the same is it? And Stephen Kinnock would seem a fair sacrifice if you ask me. 

• Upvote 1