You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

25 minutes ago, TK421 said:

His dress sense really annoys me.  He looks like the Walthamstow version Doctor Robotnik.

Walthamstow is lovely. We were talking the other day if we move back to London to live, then we’d look to settle there. It has a lovely ‘village’, it’s on the Victoria line... has a couple of trendy breweries too. 

Grant Schnapps being offered up to both Ridge and Marr this morning, after he changed government policy live on air during the briefing yesterday.

Ridge has provided questions she wants answering in advance so he can research his answers. Personally I don’t think she goes far enough,

6 hours ago, TK421 said:

His dress sense really annoys me.  He looks like the Walthamstow version Doctor Robotnik.

I think it's meant to imply that he's such a genius that he doesn't have time for such trivial vanities, as his body is just a vehicle for his brain. He models himself after tech giant types doesn't he like Musk and Zuckerberg, the latter supposedly wears the same style of grey t shirt every day as he's too busy to think about clothes and fashion.

It sort of happened a few years back when executive types replaced their satchels and manbags with practical backpacks. You got blokes in designer suits and costs carrying head rucksacks from Sports Direct. Seemed designed to imply that, although successful, they were also pragmatic grafters, the type who run up the stairs in work.

People will start dressing now like cummings if they aren't already. It's depressingly predictable. Ironic that people who often have leadership roles are the most likely to follow a crowd.

• Upvote 3

Shapps always strikes me as being quite simple, like he's probably got a couple of smart sisters but his dad is a traditionalist.

He was slow! He was strong as a fucking bull, handsome like George Raft. If it was today, they might have trained him. Get him a job as a Tory minister. They didn't understand these things back then.

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Shapps always strikes me as being quite simple, like he's probably got a couple of smart sisters but his dad is a traditionalist.

He was slow! He was strong as a fucking bull, handsome like George Raft. If it was today, they might have trained him. Get him a job as a Tory minister. They didn't understand these things back then.

Strikes me as the kind of guy that gets vice captaincy at a provincial golf club because nobody hates him as he’s so dim and is quite happy to get the bacon rolls/baps/muffins/cobs (delete as appropriate) for everyone before a round.

Corresponding exactly what his non Spanner imaginary career resembles.  

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

63EDDFDB-4773-4672-B192-6EFB608885A9.gif

There's quite a lot of Tories who I feel were born into the right family went to the right school but it was identified early they lacked the intelligence for the business world so politics was the path given as a means to weasel their way up a ladder far beyond their abilities. The jobs they get as advisors, the salaries, the massive sums for "speeches" it's a racket. It must be an insider joke for the old boy network.