You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

If only we had a proper balanced media instead of the right wing tossers and I include the BBC and ITV in this then he would have been gone by now but we don't so they will regard it as just an inconvenience. 

In fairness I don’t look too much into it but on the surface Sky fucking news of all things seems more balanced than most media outlets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

It's the old Boris Johnson consults senior advisor to see if senior advisor should get sacked situation. Guess Cummings was using good old fashioned British common sense Boris?

There’s be some Shiite such as we’ve had words and he’s aware of his responsibilities won’t happen again bollocks bollocks bollocks

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

In fairness I don’t look too much into it but on the surface Sky fucking news of all things seems more balanced than most media outlets.

Seems to be a common comment lately about Sky seeming to be less biased than the others. I wonder if the Disney takeover has effected how they usually report.

Just now, Aventus said:

Seems to be a common comment lately about Sky seeming to be less biased than the others. I wonder if the Disney takeover has effected how they usually report.

No More more 'mickey mouse' new stories.

• Upvote 1

This won’t bring him down now, obviously, but it won’t go away and will keep resurfacing, in my opinion. Forgetting BBC News for obvious reasons, comics like the Mail can surprise you with their skirts-hitched up outrage at things like this.

They’ll keep coming back and poking at it as case numbers wax and wane, and the government will have to cross their fingers we don’t have another spike where people start saying “So it’s fine, I’m going to drive 300 hundred miles to live in my sister’s shed and play Voulez-Vous at top volume”.

• Upvote 1

Hands up if you've driven 260 miles when severely ill with your kids in the back seat?

It's also now obvious that Cummings was very badly ill, something that wasn't shared with the world. 

Or he wasn't that ill, which makes the act even more disgraceful. 

You can dissect any number of ways, but each way leads to a big question.

Michael Gove saying it's not illegal to look after your wife and children by dropping your children off to over 70's at the other end of the country.  

This is despite it, literally, being illegal at that time do that.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It is, I never thought I'd say this but it's far more balanced and insightful than the bbc.  I dont really care if Cummings goes or stays it's the bbc news journalists finally getting criticism that interests me, it's as if even fellow msm journalists have had enough of the pro government spin. 

Laura taking serious criticism now from all angles and it's not before time 

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

This won’t bring him down now, obviously, but it won’t go away and will keep resurfacing, in my opinion. Forgetting BBC News for obvious reasons, comics like the Mail can surprise you with their skirts-hitched up outrage at things like this.

They’ll keep coming back and poking at it as case numbers wax and wane, and the government will have to cross their fingers we don’t have another spike where people start saying “So it’s fine, I’m going to drive 300 hundred miles to live in my sister’s shed and play Voulez-Vous at top volume”.

I do wonder though.  Cummings isn't terribly popular as a figure among most Tory MP's.  Many MP's feeling totally disenfranchised at the moment, and his comments in the past about Tories.  This may be the final straw for many, led by the likes of Hammond and old school Tories who have become increasingly alarmed by the care homes scandal.  Even Peter Bone was criticising the government last week. 

29 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Matt Hancock: "I know how ill coronavirus makes you. It was entirely right for Dom Cummings to find childcare for his toddler, when both he and his wife were getting ill."

Doesn’t make him so ill that he can’t drive the length of the country though

@simonmaroulis: Regardless what party you support if there is no consequence of for Cummings then people are just gonna ignore lockdown even more you absolutely have to make an example of him if you want it still to be taken seriously or everything you say is a Moo point.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Funny, because he described Ferguson's actions as 'extraordinary' and that he'd left him 'speechless', although he did then manage to say he backed any police action necessary against him.

Just now, Marko121 said:

With kids in the back, endangering them, and the risk of infecting paramedics if he did lose control of the car, and any loss of life to other motorists. 

He's bang to rights.

Which is why the PM will likely announce lifting of more restrictions on Sunday, because i don't put it past this government to throw thousands of lives away just to deflect criticism.  They're literally turning full-Stalin. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

@simonmaroulis: Regardless what party you support if there is no consequence of for Cummings then people are just gonna ignore lockdown even more you absolutely have to make an example of him if you want it still to be taken seriously or everything you say is a Moo point.

Simon is spot on, sadly too many people cowtow to this government.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Well yeah but that’s the problem, old school politics was if you got caught breaking the law it was goodnight Vienna, no ifs no buts, theses days they seemingly can do whatever they please with little or no comeback.