You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I hope that’s right but Shirley that’s not realistic?

This Covibes website seems to have been created and run by a retired former CIO of Standard Chartered bank called Patrick Tam. He may well be right on everything but I’m not even going to look at his site, same as I don’t see the point in putting my faith in an Oncologist. 

It would seem wise to actually listen to people with expertise in viruses rather than people outside that field who seem to be peddling an ‘optimistic’ agenda. 

Oh great 

The Earth's magnetic field is weakening between Africa and South America, causing issues for satellites and space craft.

Scientists studying the phenomenon observed that an area known as the South Atlantic Anomaly has grown considerably in recent years, though the reason for it is not entirely clear.

10 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Oh great 

The Earth's magnetic field is weakening between Africa and South America, causing issues for satellites and space craft.

Scientists studying the phenomenon observed that an area known as the South Atlantic Anomaly has grown considerably in recent years, though the reason for it is not entirely clear.

That'll be the 5G waves disrupting it.

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Oh great 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Oh great 

One speculation is that the weakening of the field is a sign that the Earth is heading for a pole reversal - in which the north and south magnetic poles flip.

This flip doesn't happen immediately, but instead would occur over the course of a couple of centuries during which there would be multiple north and south magnetic poles all around the globe.

"Such events have occurred many times throughout the planet's history," said ESA, noting "we are long overdue by the average rate at which these reversals take place (roughly every 250,000 years)".

That said, the space agency also noted that the dip occurring in the South Atlantic was "well within what is considered normal levels of fluctuations".

For people on the surface the anomaly is unlikely to cause any alarm, but satellites and other spacecraft flying through the area are experiencing technical malfunctions.

Because the magnetic field is weaker in the region, charged particles from the cosmos can penetrate through to the altitudes that low-Earth orbiting satellites fly at.

"The mystery of the origin of the South Atlantic Anomaly has yet to be solved," added ESA.

"However, one thing is certain: magnetic field observations from Swarm are providing exciting new insights into the scarcely understood processes of Earth's interior."

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

That South Atlantic is a right moody cunt. Bermuda triangles, hurricanes, great white snapping bastards now magnetic shifts? Fuck off 

Are you planning on flying any spacecraft or sending any satellites up into space? I would like to think that the answer to this is "No" but after you've watched The Martian I'm not placing any bets.

54 minutes ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

"However, one thing is certain: magnetic field observations from Swarm are providing exciting new insights into the scarcely understood processes of Earth's interior."

I thought International Rescue smashed that lot once and for all.

1 hour ago, S.i.t.M aka The Boring One™ said:

One speculation is that the weakening of the field is a sign that the Earth is heading for a pole reversal - in which the north and south magnetic poles flip.

This flip doesn't happen immediately, but instead would occur over the course of a couple of centuries during which there would be multiple north and south magnetic poles all around the globe.

"Such events have occurred many times throughout the planet's history," said ESA, noting "we are long overdue by the average rate at which these reversals take place (roughly every 250,000 years)".

That said, the space agency also noted that the dip occurring in the South Atlantic was "well within what is considered normal levels of fluctuations".

For people on the surface the anomaly is unlikely to cause any alarm, but satellites and other spacecraft flying through the area are experiencing technical malfunctions.

Because the magnetic field is weaker in the region, charged particles from the cosmos can penetrate through to the altitudes that low-Earth orbiting satellites fly at.

"The mystery of the origin of the South Atlantic Anomaly has yet to be solved," added ESA.

Godzilla. You know it. I know it.

Nothing will happen with Cummings. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow to see what the "dead cat" is to get this story out of the limelight?

He should resign or be sacked. Travelling over two hundred miles during the stricter lockdown period should by itself be enough to bring about one of the aforementioned outcomes. Doing so while having coronavirus symptoms should make one of these outcomes a certainty. 

Nothing will happen though. Apart from those less inclined to abide by social distancing recommendations looking at Cummings' situation and thinking if he can do what he wants then so can I. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Nothing will happen with Cummings. I'm just looking forward to tomorrow to see what the "dead cat" is to get this story out of the limelight?

He should resign or be sacked. Travelling over two hundred miles during the stricter lockdown period should by itself be enough to bring about one of the aforementioned outcomes. Doing so while having coronavirus symptoms should make one of these outcomes a certainty. 

Nothing will happen though. Apart from those less inclined to abide by social distancing recommendations looking at Cummings' situation and thinking if he can do what he wants then so can I. 

I'm not sure, aside from Johnson's inner coterie, he's not a popular fella in the Tory party, and the Telegraph fucking hate him. Part of that is because he's not a natural Tory though, which is a bit scary...

I reckon he never had the virus and just wanted a break whilst Johnson was out the picture.

I think he’s fucked to be honest, he’s made a ton of enemies in the Tory party so Johnson will be under massive pressure to jib him. They tolerated him because he was the architect of Vote Leave, but Brexit is now no longer the dominant force it was due to the virus and the damage it is doing.