You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

145.000? So that's 145 people with no fractions? I will have to look into how many people are in my city. I might find there are 278.891 people. Then I would most definitely like to meet the person who is .891 of a person.

. ,

2 hours ago, Champ said:

My husband has worked a few shifts in what are called hub schools here, supervising key workers kids in groups no bigger than 6. He’s been taking them outside as much as possible but even then he says it been at nightmare at times. He’s struggling to see how it’d be possible to manage class sizes as big as they’ve been suggested for England 

It's a great way to mentally and emotionally damage the kids - get back to school! Don't go near anyone, especially at play time! Wash your hands A LOT! No it's not your class...or teacher...or mates.... No you won't see the other kids in school! What do you mean "What's a bubble?" Anyway, have a nice day! 

10 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Given that stat do you think your government went to far with any shutdowns? 

They certainly have, on the whole the Norwegian public have never been healthier than right now and these numbers show it.

The amount of deaths have dropped significally the last few months and weeks, we have to look at the age group 90+ to find normal numbers of deaths.

Look to the right for the age groups included in the stats.

DØDE 0-70.jpg

DØDE 0-100+.jpg

DØDE 70-100+.jpg

DØDE 80-100+.jpg

DØDE 90-100+.jpg

DØDE 2020 0-80.jpg

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

The BBC are making a big deal of milestones elsewhere.  30,000 in Italy, 20,000 in Brazil.  Awful statistics, obviously, but our own horrors tend to be glossed over.   The BBC have no shame. 

I have noticed they tend not to report positive milestones in other countries.  Their news site has mostly gone to shit since the epidemic.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I have noticed they tend not to report positive milestones in other countries.  Their news site has mostly gone to shit since the epidemic.

It's a sad sign of the times that when I don't hear about a country for a while in the news cycle, I assume they must be improving. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seem this comment in the guardian

Private Eye.
Owen Paterson paid £100,000pa by Randox.
Randox win £133 million virus testing prog,no other company allowed to bid.
How is this allowed?

if true they really are just a mafia.

Matt Hancock hinted at this sort of thing in the daily briefing yesterday, effectively saying it was worth pouring money down the drain because who knows it might just work?  All sorts of shady politicised medical stuff going on. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Just seem this comment in the guardian

Private Eye.
Owen Paterson paid £100,000pa by Randox.
Randox win £133 million virus testing prog,no other company allowed to bid.
How is this allowed?

if true they really are just a mafia.

There’s loads of similar tales in every single issue of Private Eye. People don’t give a shit. 

• Upvote 1

Man-made?  

https://www.wionews.com/opinions-blogs/how-covid-19-was-made-300108

COVID-19’s S1/S2 furin polybasic cleavage site, a distinctive feature widely known for its ability to enhance pathogenicity and transmissibility in coronaviruses, does not appear in any of 45 bat, 5 human SARS, 2 civet, 1 pangolin and 1 racoon dog coronaviruses, that have S1/S2 junction structures otherwise identical or nearly identical to COVID-19.

That same study noting the absence of the S1/S2 cleavage site in other related coronaviruses compared to COVID-19 also clearly describes the techniques for inserting cleavage sites artificially.

The fact that no natural source of COVID-19 has been identified, that scientific evidence exists suggesting bioengineering and the clear ability to do so, all demand an expanded investigation as to its origin.

A current MP receiving an annual salary of 100 grand a year from a private healthcare company is fucking unacceptable in my opinion, from any company. It actually makes me angry! these greedy fucking Shysters. Is he being hired as a consultant for his skill and talent or his access. It's bullshit.

Some banter online that T Cells might be fighting off the virus rather than antibodies, which would explain why antibody tests have proven unreliable and also why many people are asymptomatic, because if you've had a cold you may already be immune, at least to a degree.

"Now, two studies show infected people harbor T cells that target the virus—and may help them recover. Both studies also found that some people never infected with SARS-CoV-2 have these cellular defenses, most likely because they were previously infected with other coronaviruses that cause the common cold."