You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

He's a fucking scruff. The abuse Corbyn took a few years ago for basically not wearing an expensive, fitted suit. Johnson looks like he's jumped out of the bedroom window of a married woman's house in a hurry. 

THIS COUNTRY. 

Yeeeessss, LOOKS like.....*whistles*

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Moo said:

Interesting PMQs already, about 10 minutes in.  Starmer's questions brilliant but delivery rather suspect, Johnson ignoring Starmer's questions in favour of answering his own (this government has an uncanny knack of answering a different question) and Hancock nearly kicked out by The Speaker. 

All politicians do, it’s all they ever do. Didn’t Paxman famously ask Howard the same question something like 10 times and still didn’t get an answer.

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Found a box of those 3M valved masks in me garage yesterday from when I was doing the sanding a couple of years back, aren't they the decent ones? Win. 

The sanding? Sounds like a Stephen King book.

18 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Found a box of those 3M valved masks in me garage yesterday from when I was doing the sanding a couple of years back, aren't they the decent ones? Win. 

No idea from a disease perspective but as a general rule if it's 3M it will be proper gear.

In terms or anything bodyshop related they pretty much destroy everyone else for quality, I have a load of their masks. I pretty much use nothing else.

I even exclusively use their packing tape as well, lost count of the amount of sales reps from packaging companies who reckon they can beat them and to be fair they generally can beat 3M on the price. However, the 3M stuff has a slight advantage in that it actually sticks to stuff which is something I tend to find valuable in a tape. 

15 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You can basically retire now. 

I'm fairly certain I still have a case full of them plus whatever is left in the opened pack. Would that enable me just to retire? Or are we talking dream life in paradise with large quantities of hookers and blow?

2 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I'm fairly certain I still have a case full of them plus whatever is left in the opened pack. Would that enable me just to retire? Or are we talking dream life in paradise with large quantities of hookers and blow?

It sounds like you have too many. You should split them with me 50/50 for all those times I covered your ass on Black Ops 2. 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Masks compulsory in Spain.  They will get on top of this virus now, that's my prediction. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52735166

@Jairzinho what type of mask are you going to wear? 

Yep, if everybody wore a mask in public and was vigilant with hand hygiene I think we’d see a massive drop.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I would like to congratulate you on your newfound immortality.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to imply that you hadn't been.  Just wanted to know which type.

I have two types (I have the fortune of knowing someone that works in protective health equipment, so there is no issue with getting hold of decent gloves, masks, hand sanitiser, etc).

One is slightly more lightweight. I wear it to go to the local supermarket, or when I'm out for a run. The slightly more heavy duty one I use if I know I'm going to be anywhere for a prolonged period of time (which, to be fair, I rarely am). I'm afraid I can't help with brands, etc, as I don't have any of the blurb. 

Lightweight ones look a bit like this -

surgical-mask.jpg

Heavy duty ones a bit more like this -

high_filtration_surgical_mask-front-4765

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Danish health authorities say only 2 % have been infected with covid19. After doing random antibody tests all around the country. 

That is not so little, 10 times the official figure and they tested a lot. 

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

That is not so little, 10 times the official figure and they tested a lot. 

Alot of people were assuming the asymptomatic count to be like 20 or 30 times no? I guess if those are active cases that would be alot - but if those are folks with antibodies that does not seem high.

In any case, it is a long way to herd immunity.

28 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Alot of people were assuming the asymptomatic count to be like 20 or 30 times no? I guess if those are active cases that would be alot - but if those are folks with antibodies that does not seem high.

Depends who was making the numbers up.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

This would give a death rate of 0.5% according to the current Danish official data, which is in the ball park of realistic expectations. That is to say, my expectations.

Asymptomatic and mild cases multiple would depend on how much an individual country is testing. Or, do you mean immunity, natural and from similar viruses?

University tuition fees don't seem like such a good idea all of a sudden.  The students don't want to get into mounting debt with the economic outlook being so bleak for when they graduate, leaving a black hole in university finances.  What an unholy mess.