You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

The fact that America & The UK are not allowing open source to help out as many as possible if a vaccine is found is the latest in a long line of fucking awful decisions that make me look forward to the day I can revoke my citizenship, cunts. 

Most of the stuff around the 'urgent handing out of contracts' is shady as fuck. AstraZeneca and Oxford uni and the likes will clean up and we'll be left holding our cocks, no question about it.  

Interesting that Trump has fired that Federal oversight bloke just as THREE TRILLION is about to get pumped into their economy. We're run by gangsters. 

22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm not a huge conspiracy theorist or anything but I reckon they have a vaccine. 

Same as for Cancer. I think there is absolutely something out there but no chance the illuminati will let it be widely used because it controls the population. Does a sieve work as well as a colander? 

On a similar note I'm not by any means an anti-vaxxer, but I don't think I'd be comfortable having whatever vaccine these cunts manage to rush through in order to be first past the post and to get all the money that comes with it. 

Imagine if it causes something like infertility a couple of generations down the line, that's some population control for you. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Most of the stuff around the 'urgent handing out of contracts' is shady as fuck. AstraZeneca and Oxford uni and the likes will clean up and we'll be left holding our cocks, no question about it.  

Interesting that Trump has fired that Federal oversight bloke just as THREE TRILLION is about to get pumped into their economy. We're run by gangsters. 

Part of that being passed was that Trump has executive power over B500. I don’t imagine that’ll be going anywhere other than friends in powerful places.

You’re, sadly, and their claws are now so entrenched I can’t see a clear way out.

Perhaps it was ever thus?

Wearing masks "much more important than anything else" according to the hamster guy.  Much more important than ANYTHING ELSE.  Let that sink in.  Four deaths in Hong Kong to date.  Four!

“It’s very clear that the effect of masking the infected, especially when they are asymptomatic—or symptomatic—it’s much more important than anything else,” Yuen told reporters Sunday.

“It also explained why universal masking is important because we now have known that a large number of those infected have no symptom.”

I heard a good analogy about wearing masks the other day. I don't know if it is clinically solid, but I liked it. 

If someone decides to piss on you and you're not wearing any clothes you'll get very wet. 

If someone decides to piss on you and you're wearing clothes, you'll still get wet, but some of it won't get to your skin and will remain on the outside. 

If the person pissing on you decides to try and do this by keeping their cock in their pants, he will get very wet, but it's pretty unlikely you will get wet at all. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I heard a good analogy about wearing masks the other day. I don't know if it is clinically solid, but I liked it. 

If someone decides to piss on you and you're not wearing any clothes you'll get very wet. 

If someone decides to piss on you and you're wearing clothes, you'll still get wet, but some of it won't get to your skin and will remain on the outside. 

If the person pissing on you decides to try and do this by keeping their cock in their pants, he will get very wet, but it's pretty unlikely you will get wet at all. 

If they piss on you while you're wearing a mask, is that waterboarding?

Oxford Uni vaccine doesn't work in monkeys.  £47m well spent. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/doubts-oxford-vaccine-fails-stop-coronavirus-animal-trials/

“All of the vaccinated monkeys treated with the Oxford vaccine became infected when challenged as judged by recovery of virus genomic RNA from nasal secretions,” said Dr William Haseltine, a former Harvard Medical School professor who had a pivotal role in the development of early HIV/Aids treatments.

“There was no difference in the amount of viral RNA detected from this site in the vaccinated monkeys as compared to the unvaccinated animals. Which is to say, all vaccinated animals were infected,” he wrote in an article on Forbes. 

Jonathan Ball, professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham, said that the vaccine data suggests that the jab may not be able to prevent the spread of the virus between infected individuals. 

“That viral loads in the noses of vaccinated and unvaccinated animals were identical is very significant. If the same happened in humans, vaccination would not stop spread,” he said

“I genuinely believe that this finding should warrant an urgent re-appraisal of the ongoing human trials of the ChAdOx1 vaccine.”

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/doubts-oxford-vaccine-fails-stop-coronavirus-animal-trials/

“All of the vaccinated monkeys treated with the Oxford vaccine became infected when challenged as judged by recovery of virus genomic RNA from nasal secretions,” said Dr William Haseltine, a former Harvard Medical School professor who had a pivotal role in the development of early HIV/Aids treatments.

“There was no difference in the amount of viral RNA detected from this site in the vaccinated monkeys as compared to the unvaccinated animals. Which is to say, all vaccinated animals were infected,” he wrote in an article on Forbes. 

Jonathan Ball, professor of molecular virology at the University of Nottingham, said that the vaccine data suggests that the jab may not be able to prevent the spread of the virus between infected individuals. 

“That viral loads in the noses of vaccinated and unvaccinated animals were identical is very significant. If the same happened in humans, vaccination would not stop spread,” he said

“I genuinely believe that this finding should warrant an urgent re-appraisal of the ongoing human trials of the ChAdOx1 vaccine.”

It's absolutely nailed on that lots of folks will make money out of this for very little (if any) gain and it will be done under the guise of wartime spending, a second wave of austerity will undoubtedly come (Johnson says it won't, which means it definitely will) and we'll be footing the bill until we're 90. 

2 hours ago, TK421 said:

Wish someone would pay me £47m for a cure with less of an effect than placebo.

3 hours ago, TK421 said:

It’s almost like making vaccines is hard. What is the alternative to testing it? Not testing it, making millions of doses and finding out it doesn’t work when people start dying? 

1 hour ago, Aw Geez said:

Wish someone would pay me £47m for a cure with less of an effect than placebo.

The vaccine was shown to reduce symptoms and prevent pneumonia in the monkeys despite them having been blasted with a much higher dose of the virus than is usual. It doesn't look like it prevents infection but it's not useless.