You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Dyson is the richest man in the UK now, he just hoovers the money up any old how. 

How shit is Britain when our richest man didn't invent spacecraft or the internet, but a vacuum cleaner. 

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

How shit is Britain when our richest man didn't invent spacecraft or the internet, but a vacuum cleaner. 

He didn't even invent that. 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I agree that there's no way to get zero risk, meaning Gove's claim that he could guarantee it was safe are laughable. 

I'd be interested to see if the private schools, that the great and good of the political world send their children, will be opening in a few weeks as well. As they're so safe. 

I wonder what the average class size is in a state school compared to a private school ?

2 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I wonder what the average class size is in a state school compared to a private school ?

I just didn't want to say Hoover, it's a bear trap I've fallen into before, never again.

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Business wanker saying 30 million vaccine doses available by September. 

Let’s hope it’s true. 

It’s not something they can specifically say without being pretty confident. 

1 hour ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

I agree that there's no way to get zero risk, meaning Gove's claim that he could guarantee it was safe are laughable. 

I'd be interested to see if the private schools, that the great and good of the political world send their children, will be opening in a few weeks as well. As they're so safe. 

To be honest, I don't care what they do. I just want our kids back in school and getting educated as soon as it's as safe as it can be. I have a vested interest too, my missus is a teacher and I have a kid in junior school and one who's just started senior. For me this is really no different to the argument with football. Do we wait for a vaccine or do we get on with it as best we can. I see no point in some middle ground of it'll somehow be more safe because September comes around. Until today we kept getting told it's not possible to get to a vaccine until at the end of next summer, so we either have to try and find a way or stay locked up for a year. 

55 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Business wanker saying 30 million vaccine doses available by September. 

It's a shame this lot just lie all the time or that might be exciting, I'm currently waiting on my game-changer antibody test and Dyson ventilator. 

It was convenient they came out with their biggest bullshit ever on the day zoom is not working and they couldn't be questioned on their lies. They've consistently told us a vaccine has to be 18 months minimum because of how long clinical trials take - and this is not a financial thing, but how long it takes to ensure they're safe. Yet we're now supposed to believe there'll be one at the end of September and safe to use AND they'll have 30m ready. Just fuck off you bunch of lying cunts. 

Are they starting up schools full bore, or starting with part-time, or having part classes a couple days a week, etc?

A gradual approach, as a means to limit the potential negative effects, while gathering information on how best to go forward/prepare for the (autumn).

Even in the unlikely event said vaccine is proven and then licensed by September, and can be manufactured and distributed in the vast quantities required, I'd love to know which particular safety phases have been bypassed/accelerated to get it done so quickly, given the usual timetable.

I'm very invested in not dying from the Coronavirus, but I'd also quite like to not end up with scales, hair on the palms of my hands, a pair of tits like Sam Fox or Babar the Elephant's face.

I suppose it would have been quicker to just say I don't want to look like a beIN Sports pundit.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Even in the unlikely event said vaccine is proven and then licensed by September, and can be manufactured and distributed in the vast quantities required, I'd love to know which particular safety phases have been bypassed/accelerated to get it done so quickly, given the usual timetable.

I'm very invested in not dying from the Coronavirus, but I'd also quite like to not end up with scales, hair on the palms of my hands, a pair of tits like Sam Fox or Babar the Elephant's face.

I suppose it would have been quicker to just say I don't want to look like a beIN Sports pundit.

If you do end up with tits like Sam Fox though, can I play with them next time you're here? 

21 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

Are they starting up schools full bore, or starting with part-time, or having part classes a couple days a week, etc?

A gradual approach, as a means to limit the potential negative effects, while gathering information on how best to go forward/prepare for the (autumn).

Yes, they're using Reception, Years 1 and 6 plus key workers kids as guinea pigs. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Mine has around 30 and I think that's typical for this area 

48 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

To be honest, I don't care what they do. I just want our kids back in school and getting educated as soon as it's as safe as it can be. I have a vested interest too, my missus is a teacher and I have a kid in junior school and one who's just started senior. For me this is really no different to the argument with football. Do we wait for a vaccine or do we get on with it as best we can. I see no point in some middle ground of it'll somehow be more safe because September comes around. Until today we kept getting told it's not possible to get to a vaccine until at the end of next summer, so we either have to try and find a way or stay locked up for a year. 

It was convenient they came out with their biggest bullshit ever on the day zoom is not working and they couldn't be questioned on their lies. They've consistently told us a vaccine has to be 18 months minimum because of how long clinical trials take - and this is not a financial thing, but how long it takes to ensure they're safe. Yet we're now supposed to believe there'll be one at the end of September and safe to use AND they'll have 30m ready. Just fuck off you bunch of lying cunts. 

You, me and most of the rest of the country. I just don't think it's going to be safe. The government has conceded that its not going to be possibly to social distance in primary schools. As social distancing is the thing they want everyone to do to stay safe that Shirley means they can't consider it safe to send schools back? Especially the age groups mentioned. Their education is suffering, there's no argument there from me. I also lose sleep over children who don't have good home lives. They've been stuck there, away from school which is their happy place, since mid march. 

Belgium’s prime minister, Sophie Wilmès, was was met with a silent protest by staff at a hospital in Brussels on Saturday. Doctors and nurses of Saint-Pierre hospital turned their backs as Wilmès arrived in a car. The workers staged the protest to call for increased acknowledgement of their efforts and against a decree to recruit unqualified staff to carry out nursing activities, according to local media

18 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

Mine has around 30 and I think that's typical for this area 

You, me and most of the rest of the country. I just don't think it's going to be safe. The government has conceded that its not going to be possibly to social distance in primary schools. As social distancing is the thing they want everyone to do to stay safe that Shirley means they can't consider it safe to send schools back? Especially the age groups mentioned. Their education is suffering, there's no argument there from me. I also lose sleep over children who don't have good home lives. They've been stuck there, away from school which is their happy place, since mid march. 

So I don't know the science. But I have followed what the Danes were saying on BBC breakfast this week (perhaps even 2 weeks). Effectively they've reduced the social contact children have. Each child in a group of 5 (which is also their play group for breaks) and each class is made of just 3 groups, so a maximum of 15 kids a class. By doing this, they reduce the number of contact points. They said in the 1st week it was really tough, the kids didn't understand or forgot, bit after a week or improved. Will it make them completely safe - well of course not, but for me it's about finding the balance, because as you point out, for many kids home isn't a nice place either. The obvious issue I see with this is how you fit all the kids in school when there are only 15 kids in a class. Gavin Williamson dodged this question this morning and for me that needs to be resolved before we go past the initial 3 year groups they want to return.

And of course they need to ensure there are adequate facilities for hand washing etc. In denmark they've had to install additional sinks etc in order to provide enough facilities for the kids and they still need to line up (socially distanced) to clean their hands. 

53 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind Sam Fox's tits. Never be bored again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I can’t deny they would have made lockdown go by faster then Christmas Day when you’re single digit years.

You'd spend half the day wiping your own spunk off your new mutant tits.

• Upvote 1