You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, cloggypop said:

So why did the BBC decide to invite him on and give him a voice? You only have to look at his Twitter account to see his views

https://mobile.twitter.com/pdebdon

He's gone from anti vaccination Brexiteer to full on far right conspiracy loon and someone at the BBC has decided that it's time he had a wider audience. 

from 6mins 30 seconds on...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000j96r

Just been for a drive and went throgh southport but didn't stop, quite a few people around down by the beach but all keeping their distance and playing by the rules. Nowt wrong with that at all, good on them.

Starbucks drive throghs also open in south liverpool when I was driving back, huge queues as you might imagine, just people craving any sense of normality at all. Small pleasures.

30 minutes ago, TK421 said:

BBC once again doing the government's dirty work for them, playing on emotions instead of putting health first. Disgusting organisation.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-52692017

They were at it in the press conference before. Every question they were asked about safety were bypassed and it was all just emotional bullshit like the crap from the mail yesterday. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Former snooker player, Peter Ebdon, has just gone full David Icke on 5 Live. Mark Chapman was clearly gobsmacked and lost for words at one point. He was saying the current situation is the biggest psychological operation in history, that if people knew the truth they’d go back to work next week, and dismissing social distancing. He also helpfully provided a list of ‘independent researchers’ to watch or read on the net. I half expected him to start banging on about 5G masts....

From about 12.15pm onwards if you can find the programme.

For balance shouldn’t the BBC invite Professor John Ashton on to tell us how to use check right hand side to get from red to blue?

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

Former snooker player, Peter Ebdon, has just gone full David Icke on 5 Live. Mark Chapman was clearly gobsmacked and lost for words at one point. He was saying the current situation is the biggest psychological operation in history, that if people knew the truth they’d go back to work next week, and dismissing social distancing. He also helpfully provided a list of ‘independent researchers’ to watch or read on the net. I half expected him to start banging on about 5G masts....

From about 12.15pm onwards if you can find the programme.

I've just listened to it and I also spent a few minutes watching a video of an interview with Dr. Dolores Cahill. She says the lockdown was completely unneccesary, that anyone who caught SARS would be immune to COVID-19 and that the two common flu bugs are doing the same rounds as COVID-19. They should have been allowed to run their course apparently and we would have had herd immunity.

I just couldn't help constantly thinking that this 'former' snooker player has had to give up his profession due to an injury and he's banging on about how faith healers can heal almost anything. Well, anything except your fucking elbow, you great blert.

3 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Gavin Williamson blaming teachers for not rescuing kids from bad home lives. Actually mate, I think that's your job. 

Incredible isn't it? They've been telling people not to go out and now they're blaming everyone for keeping the kids in. I thought there might be something resembling a plan coming soon, it looks like I might have given them a bit too much credit.

49 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've just listened to it and I also spent a few minutes watching a video of an interview with Dr. Dolores Cahill. She says the lockdown was completely unneccesary, that anyone who caught SARS would be immune to COVID-19 and that the two common flu bugs are doing the same rounds as COVID-19. They should have been allowed to run their course apparently and we would have had herd immunity.

I just couldn't help constantly thinking that this 'former' snooker player has had to give up his profession due to an injury and he's banging on about how faith healers can heal almost anything. Well, anything except your fucking elbow, you great blert.

Fucking egghead.

Not a fan of Peter either.

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Incredible isn't it? They've been telling people not to go out and now they're blaming everyone for keeping the kids in. I thought there might be something resembling a plan coming soon, it looks like I might have given them a bit too much credit.

The plan is still herd immunity as they haven’t got any other answers. They’re just not being honest about it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Sounds a bit like how they stumbled across the cure for Smallpox.

Someone doctor type chap doing research into a vaccine for Smallpox heard what he thought he thought was a bit of an old wives tale about people who'd had Cowpox never getting Smallpox.

Whoever it was went researching and found evidence that showed dairy farmers did in fact seem to have immunity to SP. In order to try out this theory, the doctor got hold of some kid who had previously suffered from CP and deliberately gave the young lad a dose of SP. The kid lived to tell the tale unscathed and a vaccine for SP was found.

There's a documentary about it out there somewhere.  

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Sounds a bit like how they stumbled across the cure for Smallpox.

Someone doctor type chap doing research into into a vaccine for Smallpox heard what he thought he thought was a bit of an old wives tale about people who'd had Cowpox never getting Smallpox.

Whoever it was went researching and found evidence that showed dairy farmers did in fact seem to have immunity to SP. In order to try out this theory, the doctor got hold of some kid who had previously suffered from CP and deliberately gave the young lad a dose of SP. The kid lived to tell the tale unscathed and a vaccine for SP was found.

There's a documentary about it out there somewhere.  

That would be Edward Jenner.

• Upvote 1