You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

39 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

An irish journalist who had covid 19 in mid march did one of these internet bought antibody tests live on her show 2 weeks ago.

It claimed she never had the virus either. So it was useless really, or inconclusive, whichever way you waant to put it. 

Did you buy that yourself or get prescribed???

It’s one that the company I work for  are using for “frontline staff”. 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

Ha, ha. 

”I wanna come to Wales.”

”Well you can’t.”

”What do you mean I can’t? Boris said I could!”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/north-wales-holiday-park-flooded-18236200.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Imagine having lockdown cabin fever so bad that you decide to try and go to Rhyl.

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

Aren't you a scuba diver? 

If only.

Electrician on a shithole chemical plant.

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

How's the Belstaff jacket Bitch? You still loving the jacket?

I took that jacket off Rocco DeMeo. 

Haha.

I wear it around the house now, that and a pair of boxers and my slippers.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I have no tattoos, lonsdale slip ons, nor am I a blue, but I like going to Rhyl! Takes me back to when I was a kid, shit as it is now.

In the '80s, I used to work on the front on a go kart ride, it was shit then...

15 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I love going to Wales. Especially when you go into a boozer and they all look at you and suddenly start talking Welsh. 

Yeah be nice to see the English come round here again. I miss speaking Welsh.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, easytoslip said:

I'd like to see Betwys Coed, great when kids, we weren't welcome though, really nice round there, also the Little Orme. 

North Wales can be spectacular in places

Was there 2 weeks ago weather was lovely but absolutely dead hardly a car on the road but plenty of speed camera Van's 

5 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

Was there 2 weeks ago weather was lovely but absolutely dead hardly a car on the road but plenty of speed camera Van's 

Sound, we used to go as kids, egging, and used to doss in this barn above a dairy or something which was handy to jump down and get stuff to eat, we used to walk miles around. 

Went there in later years though, must go again, in fact I nearly did last year, just get away on me own for a few days in a  B&B and think. 

4 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Sound, we used to go as kids, egging, and used to doss in this barn above a dairy or something which was handy to jump down and get stuff to eat, we used to walk miles around. 

Went there in later years though, must go again, in fact I nearly did last year, just get away on me own for a few days in a  B&B and think. 

Some lovely B and Bs in the area I noticed a few but probably not all as I'm not really looking 

37 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Deadly Tuesday brings a jump in deaths in UK, but the new cases number is lowest in over 6 weeks, despite at least 3 times as many people tested as in March.

New cases have found a pretty flat line for most that period with some substantial peaks - but not much lower.

Haven't the low numbers been hovering around 3800 the entire time?

When about 30 we went back on motorbikes, one mate who was a smack head said we'll camp out in the wilds and leave going into the town. 

We was supposed to meet him but couldn't find him in the hills so fucked him off and got a B&B, it was lashing down too, dead comfy with tele. 

Always remember a pub the Penny y Pear or something. 

11 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

New cases have found a pretty flat line for most that period with some substantial peaks - but not much lower.

Haven't the low numbers been hovering around 3800 the entire time?

They have been between 4k and 5k on average as far as I recall, but they were testing between 15k and 25k throughout that period and they are testing round 65k people now, so you can say that new cases used to plateau because they have been for a longer time exhausting the testing capacity (they couldn't go much higher despite the actual number).

Anyway, that should be good news, consistent with the noises they were making recently about lower numbers of hospital admissions lately and lower number of current deaths, which is all somewhat overdue after 7 weeks of lockdown.

3 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They have been between 4k and 5k on average as far as I recall

Looks like the lows were in the 3,800 - 4,200 range and the spikes were the 5k and 6k numbers.

While that is good news in a way I think I have to disagree with that analysis. In the US our numbers look very similar in "decline", probably steadier than the UK proportionately. Read today was our lowest day since March 25th. 

However I know that is greatly affected by New York City (in much the same way as the UK's numbers are with London).

Cases are rising through the rest of the country. I think the overall testing thing is a bit of a red herring as well. Many of those numbers come from people who are being tested daily.

Is the overall test number higher than it was? Yes.

Are the tests accurate enough and dispersed throughout society widely enough to suggest there is enough data? Not sure tbh. 

• Upvote 1