You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

They might if Keir sucks the Murdoch cock.

I doubt Rupert's interested, tbh. This is just an opportunity to get his man Gove in. If the polling changes significantly his eye may turn to Starmer, but until then he won't be giving any fucks about Labour.

55 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Zzzzzz.

Waste of fucking time measuring this.  However they measure it.  If they even measure it. 

A GE will see the Tories obliterated. No Lib Dems seem to exist anymore, even the Greens have gone quiet.

Piers Morgan would rip the Tories apart in the run-up to a GE, as would lots of other media outlets. 

And this is now, let alone after a 2nd peak and the end of furlough payments.

Not that it matters, this government will likely outlaw elections, or introduce e-voting and commit electoral fraud on a mass scale.  

Be interesting to see what happens in the USA with regard to this year's election.  Biden is ahead by about 9%, which is substantial, so I can foresee Trump cancelling the election.

I was watching John Oliver this morning and he was saying the US Postal service needs a bail out to continue. With covid, postal ballots could be crucial, seems an easy way to rid postal ballots. 

Anyone else read the government docs today?

This is the workers rights section.   Amazing how it doesn't mention any existing legislation:

4. Workers’ rights
4.1 My employer is asking me to come to work but I’m scared.

Employers and staff should discuss and agree working arrangements.

Employers should make all efforts to help people to work from home where they can. But where work cannot be done at home, employers should take clear, practical steps to help protect workers and create safe places to work, such as shift working or staggering processes. To identify the precautions needed to manage risk, your employer should discuss the workplace risk assessment with you to identify the practical ways of managing those risks.

If you remain concerned that your employer is not taking all practical steps to promote social distancing then you can report this to your local authority or the Health and Safety Executive who can take a range of action, including where appropriate requiring your employer to take additional steps.

We are publishing further specific “COVID-19 Secure” guidelines on how to make workplaces safe, which have been developed in consultation with over 200 business leaders and trades union organisations.

4.2 What if they try to fire me because I won’t go to work but cannot work at home?
We urge employers to take socially responsible decisions and listen to the concerns of their staff. Employers and employees should come to a pragmatic agreement about their working arrangements.

If individuals need advice, they should approach ACAS where they can get impartial advice about work disputes.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Bumcunt, maybe just one link to the entire thing huh?

Nah, the rest of it is shite.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do

I picked out the prime cuts, the gemstones, the high notes.

Oh, thanks Bumcunt, that's lovely.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

1.3 Are you reopening tennis courts / golf courses / basketball courts etc

Yes. Sports courts can re-open, but you should only partake in such activities alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while practising social distancing.

So I can take my old dear for a game of tennis, but I can't have a brew with her in the garden?

NB. I can't actually do either in Wales, so it's moot.

31 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

1.3 Are you reopening tennis courts / golf courses / basketball courts etc

Yes. Sports courts can re-open, but you should only partake in such activities alone, with members of your household, or with one other person from outside your household, while practising social distancing.

I've been social distancing on the golf course for years. 

46 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Anyone else read the government docs today?

This is the workers rights section.   Amazing how it doesn't mention any existing legislation:

4. Workers’ rights
4.1 My employer is asking me to come to work but I’m scared.

Employers and staff should discuss and agree working arrangements.

Employers should make all efforts to help people to work from home where they can. But where work cannot be done at home, employers should take clear, practical steps to help protect workers and create safe places to work, such as shift working or staggering processes. To identify the precautions needed to manage risk, your employer should discuss the workplace risk assessment with you to identify the practical ways of managing those risks.

If you remain concerned that your employer is not taking all practical steps to promote social distancing then you can report this to your local authority or the Health and Safety Executive who can take a range of action, including where appropriate requiring your employer to take additional steps.

We are publishing further specific “COVID-19 Secure” guidelines on how to make workplaces safe, which have been developed in consultation with over 200 business leaders and trades union organisations.

4.2 What if they try to fire me because I won’t go to work but cannot work at home?
We urge employers to take socially responsible decisions and listen to the concerns of their staff. Employers and employees should come to a pragmatic agreement about their working arrangements.

If individuals need advice, they should approach ACAS where they can get impartial advice about work disputes.

Fucking horrible cunts.

One of the main reasons these twats are horny for Brexit is to strip away the few remaining rights workers have; this pandemic is a bonus for them.

For the record, here's the most directly relevant piece of legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1996/18/section/44

44     Health and safety cases.

(1)An employee has the right not to be subjected to any detriment by any act, or any deliberate failure to act, by his employer done on the ground that...

(d)    in circumstances of danger which the employee reasonably believed to be serious and imminent and which he could not reasonably have been expected to avert, he left (or proposed to leave) or (while the danger persisted) refused to return to his place of work or any dangerous part of his place of work, or

(e)    in circumstances of danger which the employee reasonably believed to be serious and imminent, he took (or proposed to take) appropriate steps to protect himself or other persons from the danger.