You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Was out walking the dog, and half watching on Sky. 

Did he say, from Wednesday, you can go play sports (with members of your own family), have unlimited access to exercise, and can travel for said exercise?

And he's putting the responsibility on the public to maintain social distancing?

Can't wait to read the headlines about "death spike Wednesday" in a couple of weeks. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

I’m finding myself becoming livid at the results of an announcement that hasn’t been delivered yet.

In part this is due to the drip feed of teasers I keep gouging my eyes with on the World Wide Web.

Mainly it’s because I know I will be livid after the announcement due to the incompetence, cuntery, wankness, disingenuous nature, fuckwitery and general uselessness of the person delivering it so I might as well just make a start on being livid now.

I’m livid. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Elite said:

What should have happened was a set of specific guidelines and rules.

What we got was a bumbling idiot that sounded like he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.

What you see is what you get.

16 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If people live miles away from their place of work, don't drive and it's arduous for them to have to walk an hour or two to work (and then back) then what happens there? 

I don't fancy the employees chances of convincing their employee that they can't get to work easily, on foot. Their employee is simply going to tell them to find a way to get in, or lose their job. Which will mean there'll be loads of people getting on trains from tomorrow. 

I reckon we're going to see more people on electric bikes and scooters.

13 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yup, effectively.

The poorest have just been ask to risk their health for the sake of profit.

A very new, but inevitable, low.

Nothing new about that mate.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Careful now, it sounds like you're suggesting that lockdown is causing health problems rather than solving them...

The strain put on economies is in large part due to the actual pandemic not the lockdowns. 

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's already killed more Americans than the Vietnam War.

Yep, I saw that. It's an incredible statistic.

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If the country grew some balls and the penny dropped that the PM has just publicly said that it's okay to sacrifice yourself at the altar of the economy but you're not allowed to take the same risks to see your family and friends, we'd be days away from a national strike. 

It's fucking ludicrous. 

Just nicked this and put it on Facebook mate, spot on 

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

What should have happened was a set of specific guidelines and rules.

What we got was a bumbling idiot that sounded like he some of his party and supporters think one thing and some of his party and supporters think the opposite so he's deliberately being vague and unclear so that he can deny going against either side and insist he's made the right choice.

Fixed.