You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

27 minutes ago, skaro said:

As a self-confessed person of questionable opinion, yep, perhaps I'm seeing and hearing what I want see and hear - there is, after all, ample opportunity for selectivity of opinion.

I reckon there's just as many both-striped knobbers at State level too, though - certainly too many, in my book, to justify having so much government

Anyhow, in this crisis they've all been pretty good - as you would hope and expect any half-decent leaders to be... 

Let's hope it augurs well for the next 100 years of government, but when things go back to "normal", I somehow doubt it.

Can’t see Morrison resisting the siren calls of rent seekers for long. So we’ll be back to the usual nonsense soon enough.

Goes to show how fucked civil society is in the UK and US really though.

We’ve had a joke of a political scene for a decade or more, a rotating cast of political ego driven self serving bullshit, and a media dominated by Murdoch, but have actually managed some semblance of competence.

It’s not been perfect, same as NZ, there’s been a number of mistakes, but people are generally accepting when they can see an actual desire to work through the problem.

The bastions of Western thought meanwhile have handled things appallingly. 

The infrastructure that should have been able to respond has been hollowed out to uselessness and sold off for scrap.

The politicians continue lying, spinning, and bullshitting about even the most basic facts.  While the ever more partisan media lets them get away with presiding over the conditions and response that have led to tens of thousands of deaths.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

Can’t see Morrison resisting the siren calls of rent seekers for long. So we’ll be back to the usual nonsense soon enough.

Goes to show how fucked civil society is in the UK and US really though.

We’ve had a joke of a political scene for a decade or more, a rotating cast of political ego driven self serving bullshit, and a media dominated by Murdoch, but have actually managed some semblance of competence.

It’s not been perfect, same as NZ, there’s been a number of mistakes, but people are generally accepting when they can see an actual desire to work through the problem.

The bastions of Western thought meanwhile have handled things appallingly. 

The infrastructure that should have been able to respond has been hollowed out to uselessness and sold off for scrap.

The politicians continue lying, spinning, and bullshitting about even the most basic facts.  While the ever more partisan media lets them get away with presiding over the conditions and response that have led to tens of thousands of deaths.

You’ve got massive spiders though. 

Fuck. That. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Our youngest lad has to go back to school on Wednesday but it is only for one day to sort out issues/get handed new course work/materials which will be better explained in a group where the children are together. Also to hold a question and answer thing to see how everyone is coping. Any child who has parents in one of the risk groups doesn't have to turn up, but Teachers will obviously have more time to hold one on one video calls with them. The way they are doing things is that each day a different year will be attending, they will also be staggered over the whole day with X amount of kids doing 8-10, the next amount doing 10-12 and so on. Obviously no breaks needed and no kids mingling in hallways etc. Then if all goes well this will be a weekly thing until further notice. Kudos to his School/Teachers for putting in so much effort to get this up and running. 

We're starting "phase one" on Monday. Half the country isn't. In most places the decision differs from region to region but in Castilla y Leon it's pretty much from town to town (because the decision is being made/suggested by health centres).

We're in the fucking bizarre situation of only being able to go out for a walk at certain times of the day but, if you can find a bar with space, you can have a beer at any time. So if I got caught by the police out during the day, and clearly not doing any shopping, etc, I would simply tell them I'm off for a pint. Or...off to a "social gathering". Which, now can happen with up to 10 people attending. Again, how the fuck is this going to be policed? Are coppers going to go door to door all day counting how many people are in the house?

The jump from phase 0 to phase 1 seems far too big, and completely unpoliceable. 50% capacity for bars with terraces. How in the fuck is the barman going to deal with that?

"Cultural events" that take place outside can now have up to 200 people attending. Seems fucking risky even if people could miraculously self-police the situation. Which, obviously, they can't, and almost certainly don't want to.

Saw some poll of people in France, who are also going to change some things starting on Monday. More than three quarters of the public are bricking it about using public transport. 

Fearing the worst with all this. I can see the numbers going back up again, and having to revert back to previous phases.

The UK, as it did initially, has an advantage as they can see what happens in other countries. What works and what doesn't. Hopefully the incompetent fucking cunts in charge take note.

On 07/05/2020 at 12:49, Aw Geez said:

I find myself getting angry at their sheer lack of basic reasoning ability, but anger doesn't fix the problem.

Bill Gates wants to INJECT TRACKING DEVICES into our bodies eh?

Lets ask some basic questions:

Whats the power source?

How big is the antenna?

How big is the GPS module?

What tech is used to transmit data?

Are you a complete moron?

Do you understand basic technology enough to know that its beyond fucking impossible?

How do you remember how to put one foot in front of the other you fucking spoon?

Are your parents as fucking dense as you or are they perpetually ashamed of you?

Name 3 of the billion other things that would have been a better use of the skin you're wasting by existing.

I have a feeling this question would be enough.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Simon has managed to uncover Red Phoenix’s Coronavirus cousin on Facebook. 

In the comments. Scenes. 

I think he’s rude calling any protestors questioning the official Gov WHO narrative murderers when all the evidence points to a hoax

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

We're starting "phase one" on Monday. Half the country isn't. In most places the decision differs from region to region but in Castilla y Leon it's pretty much from town to town (because the decision is being made/suggested by health centres).

We're in the fucking bizarre situation of only being able to go out for a walk at certain times of the day but, if you can find a bar with space, you can have a beer at any time. So if I got caught by the police out during the day, and clearly not doing any shopping, etc, I would simply tell them I'm off for a pint. Or...off to a "social gathering". Which, now can happen with up to 10 people attending. Again, how the fuck is this going to be policed? Are coppers going to go door to door all day counting how many people are in the house?

The jump from phase 0 to phase 1 seems far too big, and completely unpoliceable. 50% capacity for bars with terraces. How in the fuck is the barman going to deal with that?

"Cultural events" that take place outside can now have up to 200 people attending. Seems fucking risky even if people could miraculously self-police the situation. Which, obviously, they can't, and almost certainly don't want to.

Saw some poll of people in France, who are also going to change some things starting on Monday. More than three quarters of the public are bricking it about using public transport. 

Fearing the worst with all this. I can see the numbers going back up again, and having to revert back to previous phases.

The UK, as it did initially, has an advantage as they can see what happens in other countries. What works and what doesn't. Hopefully the incompetent fucking cunts in charge take note.

What about the barbers of Seville?  Are they allowed to open now?

Warrington is trending on Twitter. This was Grappenhall yesterday.

Incidentally I pulled a bird from Grappenhall in Mr Smiths years ago. Lovely house. Amazing body. A truly stunning specimen. Used me like a dog and kicked me out at 5am before her mum and dad got up. 

I used to see another girl from there and I only really started seeing her incase I bumped into the other one round hers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

What time is the big update tomorrow? 

7pm.

I do wonder what’ll be said. After all the papers carrying roughly the same story earlier in the week, Raab seemingly backtracked on the extent lockdown would be lifted tomorrow - although knowing the nice weather yesterday and today was on the way, maybe he was playing it down so people wouldn’t think “It’s getting lifted tomorrow anyway”.

I think parks will open and occupations that are based predominantly outside will be allowed back under social distancing but the rest will remain pretty much as is. 

I think the roadmap to lifting more and more of the lockdown will be more interesting, assuming they’ve bothered to draw one up. 

I can't think of a leader in modern times that fills me with less faith that they know (or more importantly, care) what they're doing than this walking bullshit carbuncle and his henchmen. Even Cameron or May would give me more faith. How did it come to this? The clueless cunt is doing it as an 'address to the nation' obviously, so there's no chance for questions.

Only took 55 thousand deaths in the UK before they've finally decided to quarebtine those arriving from corona ravaged countries. 

What an absolute fucking joke. 

What's happened in care homes has been murder, pure and simple.   Dr's and nurses threatened with their jobs for speaking out about the lack of ppe. 

They'll get away with it too. 

• Upvote 1