You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

A lot of the NHS stuff is virtue signalling pure and simple, convinced most of the people banging pots and pans would run a nurse over if it got them to the head of the queue for bog rolls - as long as nobody took a picture of it and put it on Facebook. 

Insincerity is the defining trait of our age. 

I don't clap on Thursdays because I live nowhere near a hospital and/or care setting, I do my bit for the NHS by not avoiding taxes and not turning up to A&E with a splinter. 

There’s a garden near where I live where the householders have built a wooden advertising type sign and hand painted the words; ‘Protect our NHS’ in rainbow colours. Next to the sign they’ve planted a large Union Jack. 

Now I don’t know them so have no idea of their previous voting record, or their general values and beliefs, but I’d be happy to hazard a guess...

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

There’s a garden near where I live where the householders have built a wooden advertising type sign and hand painted the words; ‘Protect our NHS’ in rainbow colours. Next to the sign they’ve planted a large Union Jack. 

Now I don’t know them so have no idea of their previous voting record, or their general values and beliefs, but I’d be happy to hazard a guess...

My cousin (in her 50s) changed her Facebook picture to some 'stay home save lives' bollocks yet I know for a fact the week before lockdown she was out three times in the space of a week at the Empire, a restaurant and on a pub crawl. Despite the fact her husband had a triple heart bypass about eight weeks prior. 

These are the type of people though who share drone footage of people out walking their dog on the Yorkshire Moors and advocate the use of nuclear weapons against their house. 

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

The conspiracy set were tiresome at the best of times. Now I find it very difficult to have patience with any of them. That makes things difficult because my best friend is a conspiracy nut. 

The problem is there is a fuck off big conspiracy happening right before everyone’s eyes, and the cracked bastards are too dumb to fucking see it.

oh 5g

fuck 5g, ye’ve 50000 excess fucking deaths and a government using sleight of hand here’s another bastard Johnson baby, whilst you stupid fucks are setting fire to telecommunications masts.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

It's not just that, will Bill Gates really have any interest in monitoring Sharon from Norris Green when her daily routine involves watching back to back episodes of Say Yes To The Dress and shovelling Sour Cream and Onion Pringles down her gob. 

Whilst broadcasting every burp, fart and snort to the world via the likes of instagram, faceache and what ever other program becomes the latest data gatherer to ensure she gets her constant diet of gas, bloating, gloating and sneering, from the comfort of her couch.

40 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

People as economic units are more important than actual human beings. 

Yep, it's the key bit of self-realisation that you need in order to make sense of what otherwise looks like a crazy world.  It's not crazy when you look at everything through this emotionless lens.  Which is what almost all Tory MPs are doing.  The cogs of the economy must turn, in exactly the same way they always have, whatever the human cost.

Ever seen the film The Box?  Apart from it being a piece of shit because you don't get to see Cameron Diaz's box, it's actually an evil experiment that almost all Tory MP's would pass without losing a minute of sleep. 

"if you open this box, you get to keep the prize, but..."

*opens box*

"whoa, I didn't get to finish the sentence, you open the box but someone you don't know will die"

"that's so sad"

*walks off with prize, whistling*

• Upvote 1

When my mother got sick my conspiracy nut friend, who normally bombards me with that stuff did ease up on it to his credit. I would have found things very difficult with him otherwise. 

Through my friend I realise that conspiracy theorism is an enormously growing force in the world. Its is endlessly fuelled by the bankruptcy of mainstream institutions and ideas. The growth of conspiracy theorism rolls on and on. If I were a cynical person I'd wish I could buy shares in it. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

When my mother got sick my conspiracy nut friend, who normally bombards me with that stuff did ease up on it to his credit. I would have found things very difficult with him otherwise. 

Through my friend I realise that conspiracy theorism is an enormously growing force in the world. Its is endlessly fuelled by the bankruptcy of mainstream institutions and ideas. The growth of conspiracy theorism rolls on and on. If I were a cynical person I'd wish I could buy shares in it. 

True that Jordy , I blame the Jews.

• Like 1

On 05/05/2020 at 01:40, Gnasher said:

and try not to be fat, black or asian.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/world/black-people-four-times-more-likely-to-die-with-coronavirus-uk-study-998150.html

It has a study by the ONS on mortality rates for ethnic groups. Blacks seems to be the hardest hit, but seems almost all has a higher mortality rate than the white ethnic group except in Chinese women.

I might have mentioned this before, but I saw people on my facebook who thought "THEY" were trying to sneak 5G into our rural village.....the evidence?

The looked at their phones wifi and saw a 5Ghz band labelled as "VirginMedia_98778678568_5G".

We don't even have fibre to the fucking premises. We barely have fibre the cabinet. Why the fuck would we have 5G.

facepalm.gif

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

Seem weird that BAME groups of people would be affected. Genetically seems a bit weird is it more a case of city living, a lot of NHS workers, front line workers coinciding with closer knit family groups too. Is it economic and cultural more than genetic. 

This is my thinking. A lot of BAME are in the kind of jobs that put us in the public space more. Add to that there's still the traditional multi-generational household, type 2 diabetes, obesity etc and it all starts to add up. If it was genetics I think it'd be a lot higher death rate 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Seem weird that BAME groups of people would be affected. Genetically seems a bit weird is it more a case of city living, a lot of NHS workers, front line workers coinciding with closer knit family groups too. Is it economic and cultural more than genetic. 

They've attempted to remove those factors from the figures, and you still get nearly twice the death rate in black people, Indians and Pakistanis than you do in whites. There is also a higher prevalence of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in these groups and that seems to be a particular danger with this disease, so that could be part of the problem.

^Sorry, @skend04 said it better, didn't realise he or she had posted.

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

My brother and sister are starting to head towards the conspiracy nut trap door. From experience once someone passes through they never come back. Worrying times.

For a long time I believed in Aliens and Ghosts. The more I read the less I believed. I was a teenager then.

The ghost of an Alien is going to get me isn't it.

7 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Yes, although you'd also expect that to be an issue in Scotland and Scandinavian countries, and it doesn't appear to be.

Has to be worth a try, though.  There are studies linking vitamin D deficiency with severe coronavirus cases and it's such an easy/cheap fix for a lot of people.  I'm taking one vitamin D pill every day, I don't see why not seeing as I'm couped up inside for most of the day. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52371688

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Can you take vitamin D pills?

Yeah, I've been on them for a couple of years now. That age 40 well man test showed up a slightly iffy liver and vitamin D deficiency, which are apparently linked. So I take a supplement every day now.

• Upvote 1