You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, John102 said:

I assume the reason they are using this as the method of capacity, rather than how many tests they have actually carried out, is so they can still push the narrative that capacity is higher than demand and then shift the blame elsewhere for the failure to test.

Absolutely. And sadly, a lot of the public will lap it up.

Rabb, ' there is a very good article by 

in the guardian on why we should not compere deaths with other countries'

Hancock ' there is a very good article in the guardian by why we should not compere deaths with other countries'

Johnson ' bloody spiffing good piece in lefty paper the guardian why its ridiculous for comparing lost loved ones with data from other countries.

Oh dear 

In terms of testing, there's only 1000 tests been done in Wrexham area so far. I've been trying to organise a test for a family member (who is symptomatic, so qualifies) of one of our staff and so far 60 hours later they haven't been in touch with an appointment.

5 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

The article in the FT claims that the UK goverment is paying a Swiss firm £3.8m to investigate switching to Google/Apple contact tracing system. Fuck me, they're just so absolutely shite!

It's damning that we literally can no longer do anything for ourselves because we have no manufacturing capacity and s shrinking knowledge economy. 

Buy faulty gowns from Turkey and ventilators from China that were found to be quite literally lethal. 

That's what happens when you build your economy around hedge funds and coffee shops I suppose. I'm sure we'll take some harsh lessons from this though,  arf.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Mudface said:

Yep, I think people have priced it in and will go with a person/ party no matter what they do because they really like a particular policy. Farage- blokey Brexit; Cameron- austerity Tory; Trump- MAGA. Anything else about these cunts just gets filtered out. Single issue politics, facile slogans.

Before the inevitable, butwhatabout- Corbyn had this to some degree too, 'at fucking last, a Labour leader'. 'He's a bit shit as a leader though.'  *bunker mode*

I was having a discussion with a pro Brexit Tory voter before Lockdown and I was talking about food banks, shabby treatment of the sick and poor and she said "yes its terrible". I said "well you voted for it". She was most indignant and said she didnt, but I then said "Ok its something you were prepared to tolerate as long as you got Brexit and as long as you and yours werent the sick or the poor". And there was no answer.

Thats were we are, in my view. And I dont see it changing any time soon.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

I was having a discussion with a pro Brexit Tory voter before Lockdown and I was talking about food banks, shabby treatment of the sick and poor and she said "yes its terrible". I said "well you voted for it". She was most indignant and said she didnt, but I then said "Ok its something you were prepared to tolerate as long as you got Brexit and as long as you and yours werent the sick or the poor". And there was no answer.

It's the same with a number of people at work. There seems to be this disconnect between 'cuddly Boris' or 'Brexit freedom' and the shit that people have to put up with as a consequence.

6 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

Tories/Brexiteers think they are pro-nhs because the economy will be well looked after.

It's almost as if they don't notice my eyes aggressively rolling.

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It's the same with a number of people at work. There seems to be this disconnect between 'cuddly Boris' or 'Brexit freedom' and the shit that people have to put up with as a consequence.

The "Our Boris" thing does my fucking head in. Hes A Cunt.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mudface said:

That is why the narrative is pushed of the lazy work shy deserving poor. It is easier to blame people who have to go to food banks and live in poverty than accept responsibility for helping to put them there.

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

That is why the narrative is pushed of the lazy work shy deserving poor. It is easier to blame people who have to go to food banks and live in poverty than accept responsibility for helping to put them there.

Divide and conquer.

25 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Same with asylum seekers/illegals,if you dont want desperate people risking their lives to get here,dont destabilise and bomb the shit out of their homeland 

14 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

That's astonishing.

Basically the numbers are the same since April 30th, except for when they dickied the numbers at the start of May.

She couldn't get that slide off the screen fast enough.