You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'll be very surprised if there aren't big civil disorder events this summer. 

All the ingredients are there.

Yes, the best way to protest being forced to end lockdown early is getting loads of people fighting in the streets.  

39 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, the best way to protest being forced to end lockdown early is getting loads of people fighting in the streets.  

As long as the two meter distance rule is obeyed its completely legal, in a few weeks time every high street across the country could look like below,   the good ol days

• Like 1

On 04/05/2020 at 12:21, cloggypop said:

I have no problem with getting ITV. I don't watch GMB though because it's got Piers Morgan on it. 

Cant stand the man but in fairness he's been one of a very very few dare i say the word 'journalists' who has asked questions of the government over their handling of the virus.

He's right with this tweet, our tv news journalists have been fucking woeful,  

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

That makes no sense. No research would have been made on this now dominant strain that has been around for months and is extremely prevalent in Europe and the eastern seaboard? Doubtful. 

I’ll take the word of a scientist in this field over yours.

25 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I’ll take the word of a scientist in this field over yours.

Yeah great, how brave. Not like there hasn't been a shitload of clickbait headlines, poorly run, scientifically unsound studies and contradictory information surrounding the coronavirus. No sir.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, DJLJ said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

looks like it has mutated into something even more contagious and people immune to the first strain can get infected by the second strain. Fuck sake. 

And oh look, multiple scientists in the field critiquing the study. Gee, what a surprise. 

image.png.1ae253dd459d6dde7bfc6b3881fbd0c6.png

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/New-dominant-strain-of-coronavirus-reported-15248094.php

Scientists at Los Alamos National Laboratory claim they have discovered a new, dominant strain of coronavirus that spreads faster than previous strains, but several prominent virologists are skeptical about the study and its conclusions.

15 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I'm pinning my hopes to this one instead, for no good reason other than I hope it's true.

Researchers said they have identified a mutation in samples obtained from patients who have been tested for COVID-19 that may indicate the virus is weakening and that potentially mirror a similar genetic mutation that occurred during the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak in 2003 and 2004, according to an accepted manuscript of a study published in the Journal of Virology on May 1. The University of Arizona researchers examined 383 samples of people who had been tested for COVID-19 (five had tested positive) and used next-generation sequencing to identify mutations in those five genomes. "Similar deletions in SARS-CoV-2 genomes are emerging, notably in the ORF8 gene that may potentially reduce virus fitness," the researchers wrote. They also found that many of the first Arizona cases appear to come from Europe, and not Wuhan, China, where the virus was first identified.

Potentially amazing news. This is how SARS fizzled out - no rep, no comments!

8 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Get Boris to send out a new pic of the sprog laura for fucks sake 

Why is it a 'hell of a story' unless you work for the Daily Star? 

I can't tell any more if she's shit or trolling people because of the abuse she gets.

On 04/05/2020 at 17:06, Section_31 said:

I've been quietly impressed with the advertising industry in all this. Just Eat seems to have re-branded itself as the British Red Cross, supporting families all over the land during this time of crisis. Hats off. 

They've done the nation proud, although I'm a bit  surprised they didnt get someone with a bit of gravitas to front their tv ads. The ads which show a kid on a scooter nipping round the country with a box full of Kentucky fried chicken, someone like Bob Geldof ( he could do with the work ). Bob looking solemn and warning us the country could be bordering on starvation and pledging his help to get the nation its pepperoni pizzas would imo have been a winner.

Opportunity lost in my eyes.

11 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

And when I say stupid broken and backwards I'm referring to the government and the idiots aiding them in this complete mess, don't want to lump so many people trying hard to treat the ill or stop the spread of this in with those scum.

It's unbelievable how the idiot Hancock has the nerve to talk about the tone of a Labour MP who's also a doctor as well when she's calling them out on this. Seriously sick.

Fair comment mate. A mess. 

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I think the beeb got Michael Gove in to help write this one,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52530918

What an absolute load of bollox that is.

Probably all factually correct.

But the fact the UK was able to watch what was happening in Italy for weeks before getting into trouble themselves, is the smoking gun being held by the elephant in the room.

• Like 1