You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-05/mutant-coronavirus-has-emerged-more-contagious-than-original?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

looks like it has mutated into something even more contagious and people immune to the first strain can get infected by the second strain. Fuck sake. 

The article says this mutation has been around since February. This isn't new. Read the article. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

The article says this mutation has been around since February. This isn't new. Read the article. 

I know but it also says that this was just published without being peer reviewed because almost all research are being done on the first strain and not the mutation and they want to alert the science community to the fact it is capabæe of mutating into something more contagious and to also start adding this new strain to new research and to adding it to new searches for cures. I can also read what I linked to. 

2 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

I know but it also says that this was just published without being peer reviewed because almost all research are being done on the first strain and not the mutation and they want to alert the science community to the fact it is capabæe of mutating into something more contagious and to also start adding this new strain to new research and to adding it to new searches for cures. I can also read what I linked to. 

That makes no sense. No research would have been made on this now dominant strain that has been around for months and is extremely prevalent in Europe and the eastern seaboard? Doubtful. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The timing of this Ferguson news is rather convenient. 

Very, considering who broke the story and what they want to happen over the lockdown.

8 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

The stage of trying to get everyone to think the lockdown was an overreaction is in full swing. 

4DCF5426-CE40-44C1-A06F-F44F747C187D.jpeg

9308F594-5F77-4FC6-914E-958EA27DB896.jpeg

Just now, Sugar Ape said:

Very, considering who broke the story and what they want to happen over the lockdown.

Yep. 

A lot of the right leaning Twitterati are already beating the "if he can't abide by the lockdown, why should we?" drums. 

Plus, it gives the worst in Europe story something to compete with. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Plus, it gives the worst in Europe story something to compete with. 

Well the Daily Mail tried to lead with "Starmer calls PPE a luxury item" earlier despite the fact that isn't what he said. Not in the context they implied. Worst in Europe won't headline. 

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'll be very surprised if there aren't big civil disorder events this summer. 

All the ingredients are there.

Especially in the USA.  Throw guns into the mix. There was that security guard shot in the head yesterday when a woman refused his order to wear a face mask. 

3 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

The latest Coronavirus daily reported death total for the UK (29,427) now exceeds the 28,330 who died from seasonal flu in 2014/15.

Presume that mark was passed sometime over the weekend or last week, I’d not been keeping up with the daily toll and having seen the figure a minute ago it jogged my memory.

So you’re saying it’s really just like a bad case of the flu, and all this fuss is a bit embarrassing?

9 hours ago, Gnasher said:

With regards to above I popped on Twitter to see if me old mate and chief bbx political correspondent Laura Kuenssberg has mentioned the landmark death rate or gone suspiciously quiet, laura has a habit of going quiet when the government gets bad news, but I was wrong she has not gone quiet at all shes tweeting away like a happy little bird up a tree, but she seems to have missed the death rate entirely, instead shes found more important news, like this 

Close to death a coupe of weeks ago. 

I'm with the Colonel, as I can't see the Great British public standing for an indefinite lockdown, especially with warm weather and blue skies.

I think those in areas with greatest population density will be the first to lose their shit, as the psychological toll of lockdown and restrictions of movement bite there hardest.

In the 80s the riots were directed at the police as the tools of the State. The question is now whether this issue transcends such a simplistic 'them v us' scenario. Community spirit ain't what it used to be, no amount of well-intentioned Facebook pages,  WhatsApp groups or TikTok videos can disguise the general malaise and apathy most feel towards one another.

23 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Any graphs I can look at? Upswings downswings, levelling out nicely things. 

Yeah here's Italy, one of the worst affected countries on the planet. Now levelling out nicely, flattening the curve, or whatever you want to call it :

SFHwHGh.png

And here's our stupid fucking broken backwards island :

aipctQ5.png

• Upvote 1

And when I say stupid broken and backwards I'm referring to the government and the idiots aiding them in this complete mess, don't want to lump so many people trying hard to treat the ill or stop the spread of this in with those scum.

It's unbelievable how the idiot Hancock has the nerve to talk about the tone of a Labour MP who's also a doctor as well when she's calling them out on this. Seriously sick.

12 hours ago, General Dryness said:

No worries, I wasn't being that serious. Yeah I agree that Google, in fact the internet and social media as a whole is way too pervasive. It's one of those things you know you should be concerned with but ooh look x manufacturer has just released a shiny new x. The whole game is fucked, just go with it. 

I’ll be back to neg the x’s after reset...