You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

29 minutes ago, Lario said:

Just in case any of you Brits think you're govenment have any discernible plan, the above is the Irish government's roadmap.

Unless the Tories copied and pasted, and forgot to remove the GAA reference!

Nah.  The Irish plan doesn't contain any way of funneling public money to Dominic Cuntchops and his buddies, so our lot will do something different.

1 minute ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

These school re-opening questions are getting tedious.

Are these journos thick as fuck?

How the fuck can schools re-open given the numbers and logistics involved?

Yes it's tough for parents, but it is what it is.

Whats Kuessenboris asked tonight? Whats Raabs favourite flavour ice-cream? 

Guest Pistonbroke
52 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

322F0E18-DDC4-43F7-B495-639A10E63F87.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm furloughed because I've got a job not because I'm feckless. Is he suggesting we should fuck our jobs off if their not allowed to open.

31 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, go and pick fruit. Pick for Britain.

If the plans to taper back the furlough payments are true, then you watch those who will be hit turn on the Gov't they are now championing. 

4 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

If the plans to taper back the furlough payments are true, then you watch those who will be hit turn on the Gov't they are now championing. 

What do those in industries do that are last to open such as pubs, restaurants. Slowly be starved of money until you have to do something else and companies lose all their staff, long term employees walk away from redundancy money. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

What do those in industries do that are last to open such as pubs, restaurants. Slowly be starved of money until you have to do something else and companies lose all their staff, long term employees walk away from redundancy money. 

I'm not sure what the UK Gov't have put in place to ensure that Employers can't just take the piss, it is a unique situation whereby people need to earn money somehow if their usual employer/Gov't can't/won't pay them. For those earning a lot of money then 60% will still be enough to live comfortably, we all know that the majority of people would struggle on 60% of what they earn and plenty would be driven into poverty. The employers themselves must be also worrying about their livelihood/Business, especially the thousands of small businesses that make up a lot of high streets/communities. 

Over here most of the shops which are open are using Students (those who fill a lot of jobs in pubs/restaurants) to man the doors and check that everyone is abiding by the new restrictions/rules. I bet they are on minimum wage like. 

The latest Coronavirus daily reported death total for the UK (29,427) now exceeds the 28,330 who died from seasonal flu in 2014/15.

Presume that mark was passed sometime over the weekend or last week, I’d not been keeping up with the daily toll and having seen the figure a minute ago it jogged my memory.

Guest Pistonbroke
5 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I can't see many people managing on 60 percent of their wage. People work for a reason not for fun. How many people have 40 percent of their wage as a disposable income.

Not many, but some will or will manage. What will make a big difference is that a lot of people have accumulated debt over the years as the banks/credit card companies made it to easy. Far too many people are a few pay cheques away from disaster. 

33 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

She wasn't on today, so we were all saved from her dumb questions and annoying voice.

Convenient for her. So that's the milestone of the uk having the most deaths in Europe missed by the bbc top political journalist. She also happened to miss the milestone of Britain exceeding the 20.000 death milestone, plus she was conveniently missing when both the times and panorama ran pieces critical of the government in different weeks , she also happend to miss the big story of health workers and lack of ppe, although in fairness she raised the effort to hit the laptop the other day to announce on Twitter the government had smashed its ppe 1000 target and thank god she informed the nation Boris Johnson was at the birth of his child.

It's beyond a fucking joke.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm furloughed because I've got a job not because I'm feckless. Is he suggesting we should fuck our jobs off if their not allowed to open.

Doesn’t take them long to start showing their true colours, does it?