You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Has she asked him his favourite colour yet? 

I do have a favourite colour but first I'd like to pay tribute to our frontline NHS workers, the tremendous amount of sacrifice made by the great British people, we really do appreciate it, what was the question again? 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

You see I do have the slightest shred of sympathy for the government on mass people management issues like lockdowns and so on as they're tricky to implement and maintain (not to say I don't think they've handled it appallingly because they have, but I can at least see that as a nuanced issue).

But the lack of PPE in the NHS is a proper full-on scandal - all it amounts to is fucking production and supply, and they've had fucking weeks to get right. Running out in hospitals is an absolute disgrace and completely and utterly unacceptable. In any sane country it would be the kind of ignominious crime that would bury a government and their legacy and make them unelectable for a generation but in this nuthouse? They'll probably blame it on the EU and a load of S*n-brainwashed knuckle-draggers will give them an increased majority in a snap election or something.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

My old boss's mum has got it, is in her 90s but is asymptomatic and was only tested in her care home as a precaution. The fuck is going on with this virus?

It's fucking mental. You'd think she'd be completely fucked.

Remember when fuckwits were getting arrested for posting on Facebook things like "yeah lets brick Boots windows in Lytham St Annes High St" when the riots were going on? 

Yeah well that orange cunt is instructing maniacs with guns to liberate a fucking whole state over their right to own guns during a time of global crisis where thousands upon thousands of people are dying every single day. 

The more I see of the way humans act the more I think coronorvirus isn't an accident. 

The stupid fucking cunt 

40 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Covid seems to like hitting blue states though. There is something going on here. Massachusetts the only red state to be hit hard and it is only 6th if you look at deaths per population.

It's a matter of geography as it's been concentrated on both coasts, especially in the North East which is almost exclusively Democrat.

Just wait until it really starts to work further down where the populace are mostly obese, won't adhere to medical advice and the healthcare systems have been whittled down to nothing.

17 minutes ago, Em City said:

It's a matter of geography as it's been concentrated on both coasts, especially in the North East which is almost exclusively Democrat.

Just wait until it really starts to work further down where the populace are mostly obese, won't adhere to medical advice and the healthcare systems have been whittled down to nothing.

Surely a combination of Republican political nous, good family values and strong faith will stop the spread?

• Upvote 1

On 13/04/2020 at 18:38, Josef Svejk said:

My elderly aunt is seriously ill and was tested in a care home in Dublin yesterday. Doesn't look good, from the little information we have. And if it's not good for her, it won't be good for the other 40+ residents or the staff...

Tested positive. I'm not sure how she is, however...

• Upvote 1