You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Another day of over 10% increase in deaths -- see what tomorrow brings.

They had 49 in 3 days over the Easter holidays, this is 333 deaths over the last 5 days, they had 468 over the 5 days before that. I hope they are on a downward trajectory and the last two days jump was just the cases missing from the Easter weekend reports.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s possible this isn’t true and I’ve been duped but if it is...fucking hell. Night of the Living Dickheads

They should've opened the windows on the first floor, set up a speaker system and put this on full blast.

9 minutes ago, SasaS said:

They had 49 in 3 days over the Easter holidays, this is 333 deaths over the last 5 days, they had 468 over the 5 days before that. I hope they are on a downward trajectory and the last two days jump was just the cases missing from the Easter weekend reports.

New cases seems stable as well

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Boring.

"Its ok martin, I've made your bed up for you, timmy the teddy is there."

"I know, but, mummy, i signed the official acts."

"I know you did marty and well done for that, but all the cleaners did"

"Now go to sleep."

"Ok mummy zzzzz.................."

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Doctor on the BBC saying we lacked backbone, we should of locked down earlier and we shouldn't return to normal just because they begin too in europe we should follow evidence and move when it's right.

A doctor ? What the fuck does he know 

10 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Doctor on the BBC saying we lacked backbone, we should of locked down earlier and we shouldn't return to normal just because they begin too in europe we should follow evidence and move when it's right.

To be fair though he's looking at it in an (understandably) narrow view, he's looking at efforts to prevent Coronavrius deaths. 

There will be behavioural scientists behind the scenes who look at how you go about basically imprisoning an entire population, how you bring people onboard with it, how long is too long before people lose their shit. 

Everything we're doing now, from the stuff on the news to the general themes of 'keep calm and carry on', 'we need to stick together' 'it's dangerous out there' 'people who break lockdown are dangerous twats' are probably all part of that effort.

You also have to think about the wider health picture. How many people have died through fear of going to hospital, how many people have killed themselves (huge amount I suspect, business owners among them) then there's the economic impact. You see people saying occasionally flippant stuff about placing money above lives, but it's all very well saying let's stay in until we find a vaccine (oddly it seems to be taken as read that we WILL find one), but what will we emerge to? Mad Max?

People can say we have to shield the NHS but you have to fund it too.

This is one of the many things the media is doing inappropriately and cynically, just posting selfie videos of various people who've got an (often legitimate) gripe with their own specific work circumstances, which people then share and talk about how outrageous it is. But the pressures and challenges of working in A&E, and preventing a civilisation from collapsing, are pretty different.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-armed-michigan-residents-protest-against-stay-at-home-order-calling-it-tyranny-11973905?dcmp=snt-sf-twitter

Coronavirus: Armed Michigan residents protest against stay-at-home order calling it 'tyranny'

'Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine' at the Michigan State Capitol in Lansing

Calling for farming and fishing to be allowed to continue, even though those haven’t been stopped. 

Fucking idiots. 

12 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

There’s more...Imthink it’s real. 

Americans are just fucking mental. Sadly I think we're not too far behind over here. 

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

Looks like she does- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway

The cadaverous hag.

I thought she'd been fucked off some time ago, shows what I know! 

Government is set to extend the lockdown today for "3 more weeks" according to the Independent.

Which somewhat coincidentally means the rules would be relaxed on Friday May 8th, which just happens to be VE Bank Holiday Friday. V for coronavirus victory. PM doing a Churchill impression. Everyone will be allowed social distanced street parties.

It's going to happen isn't it.