You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Honestly flabbergasted it has taken this long to determine that putting a cloth in front of your face could be helpful.  

With everyone wearing one the real difference will be noticed.  New York is such an influential city that others will follow.  

8 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t know if I’ve had it because if I did I wasn’t sick enough to qualify for a test so I just recovered at home. However I can remember the exact date I started feeling like shit, 29th Feb when we played Watford and I still don’t feel 100% right now. 

In addition to the above I got a cough about the 15th March which lasted about ten days, I’ve had a couple of spells of feeling light headed and really lethargic and my chest has felt a bit tight and I’ve been short of breath on and off for about a month or more.

I think that's enough for the collective knowledge of the GF to award a positive diagnosis.  A doctor on the radio said anyone with flu like symptoms from mid March onwards probably had COVID-19 because seasonal flu was in its dying embers. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I don’t know if I’ve had it because if I did I wasn’t sick enough to qualify for a test so I just recovered at home. However I can remember the exact date I started feeling like shit, 29th Feb when we played Watford and I still don’t feel 100% right now. 

In addition to the above I got a cough about the 15th March which lasted about ten days, I’ve had a couple of spells of feeling light headed and really lethargic and my chest has felt a bit tight and I’ve been short of breath on and off for about a month or more.

Hope things improve mate, seems like the UK are being a bit more picky about who gets tested and who doesn't. None of my family were tested, as although they had more or less the same symptoms at the start (minus the coughing blood) they felt grand a few days later, well at least the two lads. Missus has had a few days of feeling under the weather since but nothing which would merit going to the doctors about. Your symptoms sound similar to a lot of people who tested positive. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but from the onset they were only testing people who had a high fever in a lot of countries. At no point did I have anywhere near a high fever, about 39.3 was the highest I had. I reckon if testing became compulsory the figures would shock people, maybes why they are suppressing the tests. 

27 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

I know what you mean.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

From Guardian Live.

I didn't follow much of the press conference today. But I heard Hancock say "we're capable of testing 25000 a day just we're not reaching that number because there's no the demand, it shows the lockdown is working". At which point I just thought what is the point of listening to these cunts? Yet most of this fucking ridiculous nation will lap it up and say what a good job the government is doing. 

• Upvote 3

Guest Pistonbroke
8 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I didn't follow much of the press conference today. But I heard Hancock say "we're capable of testing 25000 a day just we're not reaching that number because there's no the demand, it shows the lockdown is working". At which point I just thought what is the point of listening to these cunts? Yet most of this fucking ridiculous nation will lap it up and say what a good job the government is doing. 

Have they even tested all the front line workers in the NHS and care service yet? I'm sure they wouldn't mind being tested. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Have they even tested all the front line workers in the NHS and care service yet? I'm sure they wouldn't mind being tested. 

I think they are worried how many will have to self-isolate if they do. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Bjornebye said:

I think they are worried how many will have to self-isolate if they do. 

Probably. 

Sad stories coming out, some nurse who was pregnant died earlier but baby is fine, the Nurse was 28 years young. An 11 week old baby has also tested positive in Leicester. 

28 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

I'm not sure mate. I know they started to, but then surely it is a constant process? You'd have thought front line staff should have been tested every 2 or 3 days. And I'm pretty certain they've not tested everyone in the care service. And frankly I think they should be regularly testing people in other front line roles such as supermarkets and police. And it's not just about the safety of these individuals, it's about cutting contact by people who may be asymptomatic. 

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s possible this isn’t true and I’ve been duped but if it is...fucking hell. Night of the Living Dickheads

https://twitter.com/futurecanon/status/1250502000640512000?s=21

You have to hope you've been duped. But it's a pretty depressing reflection of American society today that we're not sure. 

7 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I'm not sure mate. I know they started to, but then surely it is a constant process? You'd have thought front line staff should have been tested every 2 or 3 days. And I'm pretty certain they've not tested everyone in the care service. And frankly I think they should be regularly testing people in other front line roles such as supermarkets and police. And it's not just about the safety of these individuals, it's about cutting contact by people who may be asymptomatic. 

You have to hope you've been duped. But it's a pretty depressing reflection of American society today that we're not sure. 

There’s more...Imthink it’s real. 

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Looks like she does- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellyanne_Conway

The cadaverous hag.

It must be fun in their house at night;

In March 2019, President Trump responded to criticism from Kellyanne's husband George by describing George as a "stone cold LOSER & husband from hell". Kellyanne defended her boss, Trump, by saying that George Conway is "not a psychiatrist" and that Trump should be expected to respond when George, "a non-medical professional accuses him of having a mental disorder".[133]

4 minutes ago, redinblack62 said:

It must be fun in their house at night;

In March 2019, President Trump responded to criticism from Kellyanne's husband George by describing George as a "stone cold LOSER & husband from hell". Kellyanne defended her boss, Trump, by saying that George Conway is "not a psychiatrist" and that Trump should be expected to respond when George, "a non-medical professional accuses him of having a mental disorder".[133]

You'd think he'd be delighted to spend a couple of nights on the sofa.

7 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

She is by far the worst of the bunch - she will say literally anything.

Her husband is a lawyer, staunch Dem and rips Trump constantly.

Weirder couple the Mary Matalin and James Carville by far.

She does seem to have been quiet lately, although it's probably me not paying attention to the ridiculous situation.

5 hours ago, TK421 said:

The Diamond Princess provides a useful example of the mortality rate because the whole ship became infected.  It has a death rate of 1.68%, although it still has 68 active cases and 7 people remain in critical condition so that could increase.  Obviously it had a high proportion of old people on it with it being a cruise ship but it's still a useful guide. 

At the risk of logic, this would be the only rate that would not be useful as the conditions would only be replicated on another cruise ship.

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Anyone else on here who tested positive or told/think they have had it due to symptoms still struggling at times? I feel fine for a few days then as in this morning I woke up feeling like shit again, sore throat, dry mouth, dizzy spells and a tight chest. Had a few hours sleep on the sofa after lunch as I couldn't keep my eyes open without a struggle and back to feeling fine again. It's not something I want to worry my doctor about, more in fear of ending up in that environment again more than anything else, plus it's not exactly any worse than what I assume a normal virus would be like (Up until I had this I've rarely suffered a cold and can't remember the last time I had a fever, probably about 30 years ago). Just checked my BMI and I'm 30.9, so slightly overweight. Could be that the immune system is more vulnerable to fighting off other viruses which fly about at this time of the year after fighting off this Covid shit. 

Yes, not tested positive but have def had it. Started off with tight chest, very slight cough 5 weeks ago Saturday coming.  Very mild version, just couldn't have gone out for a run. Like nothing I've ever had though, lungs periodically burn and feel like you are downing absinthe whilst the back of your throat is closing / restricted. Stayed about the same for 10 days then fine for a few days and since then dizzy spells and same very occasional involuntary cough. My wife almost identical.

I reckon I'd have normally just gone to work scratching my head.  The even milder version must be a massive reason for its spread as it has to be easy to miss, particularly as the symptom list is wide and even more so re reports of lots of asymptomatic cases.

I think the kids passed it on to us as they had temps a few days before and very slight coughs after we showed symptoms.  And I'd definitely have sent them to school in normal circumstances with how not unwell they were.

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

At the risk of logic, this would be the only rate that would not be useful as the conditions would only be replicated on another cruise ship.

You are wrong. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00885-w

Information gleaned from such outbreaks is crucial for people making decisions on how to manage the epidemic, say researchers.

“Cruise ships are like an ideal experiment of a closed population. You know exactly who is there and at risk and you can measure everyone,” says John Ioannidis, an epidemiologist at Stanford University in California. This is very different from trying to study the spread in a wider population, where only some people, typically those with severe symptoms, are tested and monitored.