You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

58 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I also thought an issue would be using your personnel laptop/computer for constituent cases, in relation to data protection. If correct thus would make it necessary to purchase either laptops or addition security. 

Obviously this may be wrong.

If I can weigh in on this mate. I'm working at home for an insurance company using my own laptop. The company I'm contracting for are happy for us to do this because we use a vpn to log on to their systems.

My actual employer wouldn't usually be happy with this, but as we're still bringing money in during the pandemic, and they don't have to actually provide us with the laptops they promised us 3 and a half years ago, they'll let it go!

53 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The bloke on this thread who actually works for an MP?  

There’s you and Gnasher that can’t understand this is a good idea.  Once more, for the slow kids. 

It’s not the government that decided this

Its an expense, not a gift

they can’t donate it

they must provide receipts 

Er I havnt said I think it's a bad idea. I havnt even given an opinion on the subject, but as you were.

2 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

It’s not the government that’s done it you dribbling quim. 

Chill out and gain a sense of humour Rico.  I dont really think you are like that fella n that  film clip.

I bet your hard hat is white.

The most pressing issue isn’t the £10,000.

The most pressing issues are Hancock’s subtle attempt to put the blame for lack of PPE on NHS staff, his failure to provide a figure for the number of staff who have lost their lives, and the still scandalous lack of PPE and testing for those staff and care staff going into private homes where people have the symptoms and working in care homes.

The press, the media, and social media should be pressing questions about that continually until it becomes a fucking tsunami of questions they can’t ignore.

• Upvote 6

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If the expenses goes on things of use and generally when practical remain  property of the government then I'm not arsed. As long as it's not moats being dredged or electricity for their stables. Currently the media should focus on genuine issues I'm sure there's plenty to be outraged about.

Apparently they get to use it for "heating bills". 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The most pressing issues are Hancock’s subtle attempt to put the blame for lack of PPE on NHS staff, his failure to provide a figure for the number of staff who have lost their lives, and the still scandalous lack of PPE and testing for those staff and care staff going into private homes where people have the symptoms and working in care homes.

The press, the media, and social media should be pressing questions about that continually until it becomes a fucking tsunami of questions they can’t ignore.

I completely agree but these stage managed press conferences allow little scope for serious scrutiny by the time Rishi Sunak has finished using the word "unprecedented" eighty-four times.

With Parliament being shut down there is no accountability.  

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

It seems a reasonable smokescreen for them.

Please witter on about the 10k expenses thing. Please don't talk about the fact we've done everything we can to continue with our horrific herd immunity plan as much as possible.

I shouldn't be surprised, but I still can't get over the fact that medical equipment is delayed, in some cases, purely because the Tories want Dyson, a fucking vacuum cleaner company, and one of their donors of course, to make it. Other companies could have, and indeed offered, to provide the stuff.

People will die, and have probably already died, because of the Conservative parties desire to keep their donors sweet. It's horrendous.

Equally appalling to the government's handling of this situation, predictably, has been the BBC's coverage of it. 

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Good god Rico do you have to defend every single little thing the government does? 

You are beginning to remind me of the fella in this clip, blue hard hat who appears (then disappears) on a cliff edge around the 2 minute 40 second mark.

I knew it was the bloody pixies!

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

You can't. It's a myth concocted by his supporters. 

A bit like when your lot made up that he was anti-semitic because of an 'agenda' eh SD you fucking lying snivelling piece of shit. 

Your lack of any empathy of any sort to people on this thread who have shared horror stories because of your arrogance to your warped "people will be embarrassed" comment has been noticed. Absolute gobshite. 

You are worse than Silverlining. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

On the £10k staff allowance, here's the new Labour MP who gave up half her salary and also recently returned to work as a healthcare assistant. 

She seems like a decent egg and she even seems fine with the £10k allowance and provides a bit more detail on it too. 

If it's of such trivial use what's the point of it in the first place?

More worried about the health of these people;

BBC News - Coronavirus: NHS workers' lives at risk over PPE shortages, says BMA
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52252470

This will no doubt be ignored during the questions today;

Meanwhile, the business organisation Make It British said the government had not yet taken up offers from some firms to help manufacture PPE.

The group said at least 100 companies had responded to an appeal for help four weeks ago but had heard nothing since.

Damning indictment of the government. 

• Upvote 1