You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Hope your cousin gets better soon Stouff. 

I read a good point earlier about media spending a lot of time talking about how many people are going to ignore the government advice this weekend, which distracts from things they should be questioning with more urgency. Then I’ve just seen this piece from Campbell which lists some of those questions. 

https://www.thearticle.com/media-questions-at-no10-briefings-are-woeful-here-are-20-they-should-ask

Nudge effect. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Hope your cousin gets better soon Stouff. 

I read a good point earlier about media spending a lot of time talking about how many people are going to ignore the government advice this weekend, which distracts from things they should be questioning with more urgency. Then I’ve just seen this piece from Campbell which lists some of those questions. 

https://www.thearticle.com/media-questions-at-no10-briefings-are-woeful-here-are-20-they-should-ask

Can you blame the plebs when ministers can break the rules with no consequences?

4 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Don't know if this is UK wide or just NI, but saw MPs got approved for an extra £10k this year for expenses for working from home. On top of their existing allowance of £26k. Not wages. Expenses.

Corrupt cunts.

I've seen a few comments regarding this which claim that it's been very poorly reported and that MPs won't see a penny of this and it is instead for their staff expenses for if they have to buy stuff to help them work from home such as laptops, printers etc. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Aw Geez said:

Don't know if this is UK wide or just NI, but saw MPs got approved for an extra £10k this year for expenses for working from home. On top of their existing allowance of £26k. Not wages. Expenses.

Corrupt cunts.

Just lazy bollocks.  They can claim an extra £10k for their office expenses. So MPs can buy laptops and printers etc to enable them to continue to serve their constituents. This goes nowhere near MPs pockets. But you probably knew that. 

Meanwhile, UK Health Secretary says "A front door is better than any face mask." Yes idiot, but most people still need to leave their houses at times and I don't think they're going to be wearing a front door when they do.

Corrupt psycho bastards.

• Upvote 1

Seen loads of people arguing on Facebook because the fire brigade are asking people not to have bonfires. Apparently everyone should understand that lots of people have excess wood lying around all the time and it needs to be burnt off so that they can continue to enjoy their gardens. These aren’t log fires in wood burners. Just skirting boards and wardrobes and shit. Not content with ignoring the specific request from the fire brigade, people are taking to the internet to ram home to everyone else the importance of their right to set fence panels ablaze. 

• Upvote 1

Too many people are stupidly going about their lives thinking they're immune to the virus and it won't affect them in any way.

It'll be because of these twats that the lockdown may be even tighter in the coming weeks, especially as we're approaching the 1,000 mark in daily death toll and 10,000 deaths overall.

I don't wish this illness on my worst enemy, but those that catch it after flouting the rules get what they deserve. It's just tragic that they will in all likelihood take others with them.

49 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

"The men, aged 40-50, and women, aged 23-25"

Screenshot_20200410-233823.png

...Once the Embraer Legacy jet had landed at Marseille-Provence, the group, made up of several nationalities including Croatian, German, French, Romanian and Ukrainian, reportedly tried to get help from contacts to continue their journey.

“They tried to make use of their connections and made a few phone calls,” the source said.

The helicopter pilots were told to return to their base and were fined for breaking the French lockdown rules.

The jet, chartered by a Croatian businessman reportedly in “finance and property”, arrived last Saturday, but details were only released on Thursday. French police said they would be carrying out strict checks on private aircraft arriving in France over the Easter period.

29 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Sweden’s numbers and policy seem to be an outlier at the moment.  

Obviously it’s still very early days and there’s plenty that could change. 

Sweden modelled its practice on the UK's. So good luck to them. They've chosen to ape the worst in Western class. The idiot at the back who could see what was happening to the biggest losers up front... but still managed to make a bigger mess of the situation.

9 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Sweden modelled its practice on the UK's. So good luck to them. They've chosen to ape the worst in Western class. The idiot at the back who could see what was happening to the biggest losers up front... but still managed to make a bigger mess of the situation.

It is strange as we are often told Sweden is a great model. They get so many things right it’d be be strange (but not impossible) for them to get this so wrong. As ever it’s very early days.  

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

It is strange as we are often told Sweden is a great model. They get so many things right it’d be be strange (but not impossible) for them to get this so wrong. As ever it’s very early days.  

I’ve just looked and it seems a nice place. Some surveys put it in the top 10 places to live in the world.  But they may be wrong of course. I’m 

There's going to be some type of uproar if this carries on, they can't have 1k people dying a day and expect to carry on blagging their way through it.

I'd like to see people taking things into their own hands shortly and mass wearing masks too. A lot of countries around the world are doing it but stupid cunt Tories still think they know best, even though we can all see now that they've screwed this up like pretty much no other country on the planet. So the cat's out of the bag now and there's no more hiding it.

So maybe one of the best ways of resisting this crap would be for enough people to wear masks and make the gov look even more stupid than they look already (and join a lot of the rest of the world which will highlight again how wrong they are.) Then we'll at the same disrupt their herd immunity plans.

If that happens at some stage they'll almost 100% cave and advise us to wear masks I think, because they won't be happy with allowing the plebs to think they made some type of important contribution to easing this crisis themselves. No, they'll have to try to twist it into something that they'd "always considered an eventual scenario" or some stupid shit.

I'm guessing at mask wearing because it's easy to start doing, could be effective and it's not like we can protest or do much else right now. And something's surely going to change shortly with these death figures, we might be as a population in general really fucking stupid, but we're not complete zombies.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Just lazy bollocks.  They can claim an extra £10k for their office expenses. So MPs can buy laptops and printers etc to enable them to continue to serve their constituents. This goes nowhere near MPs pockets. But you probably knew that. 

Yeah because none of them has already got a home office. It's just another excuse to get their nose in the trough

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

There's going to be some type of uproar if this carries on, they can't have 1k people dying a day and expect to carry on blagging their way through it.

I'd like to see people taking things into their own hands shortly and mass wearing masks too. A lot of countries around the world are doing it but stupid cunt Tories still think they know best, even though we can all see now that they've screwed this up like pretty much no other country on the planet. So the cat's out of the bag now and there's no more hiding it.

So maybe one of the best ways of resisting this crap would be for enough people to wear masks and make the gov look even more stupid than they look already (and join a lot of the rest of the world which will highlight again how wrong they are.) Then we'll at the same disrupt their herd immunity plans.

If that happens at some stage they'll almost 100% cave and advise us to wear masks I think, because they won't be happy with allowing the plebs to think they made some type of important contribution to easing this crisis themselves. No, they'll have to try to twist it into something that they'd "always considered an eventual scenario" or some stupid shit.

I'm guessing at mask wearing because it's easy to start doing, could be effective and it's not like we can protest or do much else right now. And something's surely going to change shortly with these death figures, we might be as a population in general really fucking stupid, but we're not complete zombies.

If I can stop you at your first paragraph. There wont be no uproar. The BBC are doing a brilliant job in whitewashing the news. Whilst the high deaths in Italy Spain were smashed over every bbc bulletin the massive uk death figures from yesterday are not on the BBC news page. The bbc main political journalist has failed to mention the figures in her twitter updates although she did thankfully bring us some "good news"

I'm reminded of the bbc general election political coverage and how any half difficult subject was pretty much avoided. It took Boris Johnson bumping into to a local journalist a few days before the end of the campaign until he got asked a serious and relevant question on the subject ( boy lying on hospital corridor) the prime ministers reaction was akin to someone seeing a ghost, he was flummoxed, he wasnt prepared to answer a simple direct or awkward question.

The bottom line is the bbc are fucking dreadful and are getting worse.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

If I can stop you at your first paragraph. There wont be no uproar. The BBC are doing a brilliant job in whitewashing the news.

I don't think the BBC or the gov can manage to prevent uproar unless the recorded deaths each day is drastically brought down. We're turning into one of the worst countries on the planet for this virus right now so something's going to have to change shortly. I doubt we can carry on like this, even with the gov and BBC (basically the gov media department now) in full propaganda mode.