You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

And I echo the sympathies and thoughts to everyone on here and elsewhere who’ve lost people, suffered themselves with and/or been both severely inconvenienced and put through the mill with real worry by this thing.

It’s truly horrendous and hell on Earth for many.

11 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Raab asking people to stay in and observe the lockdown over the bank holiday weekend.

Meanwhile Johnson’s übercunt of a father decamps to Exmoor and is posting on social media about his constitutionals. Hope the fucker gets eaten by the Hound of the Baskervilles.

What a despicable cunt 

1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

I lost my own mother without being able to hold her hand, just said my goodbyes over the phone as my brother held the phone to her ear. I'll never know if she could even here my words. Obviously under different circumstances, but it left a scar that will never heal. What's going on for many now must be utterly heartbreaking and it will affect people and even communities for years to come. As Captain said earlier, it's astonishing how some folk are blase about it all, despite the fact it can affect anyone both from a personal health issue or someone they hold dear. My own Mother in Law is pissing me off with her attitude towards it all and it's not nice to see my missus helpless to talk sense into her. I know loads of older folk over here who are exactly the same, sad times. 

It must be dreadful, I was with my younger sister to the end, 3 days in his hospice holding her hand, talking and playing music, not sure if she could hear me, so that was bad enough but not being able to do that is absolutely awful,  so sad, i can't imagine the grief of not being able to offer comfort of sorts. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Raab asking people to stay in and observe the lockdown over the bank holiday weekend.

Meanwhile Johnson’s übercunt of a father decamps to Exmoor and is posting on social media about his constitutionals. Hope the fucker gets eaten by the Hound of the Baskervilles.

You want him eaten by a psychotropic drug episode?  

I mean I’m down with it, just don’t get the logistics of it.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

You want him eaten by a psychotropic drug episode?  

It was a real hound in the original story, you philistine.

Big fuck-off hound, any other wild animal, quicksand - I’m not fussy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sorry to hear that. Found out this morning my sister's in an induced coma with it.

Can't help but feel it's going to hit everyone in some way. In the end, we'll all know someone affected by it.

That’s horrible news mate. Fingers crossed for her.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

@Bob SpunkmouseSpunkmouse  .... The at thing doing its own thing then I type on my phone. Has your ex-missus just got a standard type letter or has it come from the oncologist? When they 1st announced the isolation for the over 70's and those with health conditions, I got a letter to tell me to lock down for 12 weeks. However, I got in touch with my oncologist and he told me to ignore it. I'm obviously in a different position as my treatment is over, but just thought it was worth you not being victim to an admin error. 

Also, I assume there's no option for you and your ex to live together for the 12 week period? 

It’s a generic letter mate, but is from the hospital she’s being treated at. It includes advice for living with others and eating meals in separate rooms, using separate towels etc, so it’s not “absolute full lockdown” type wording.

shes also going to continue to travel to hospital appts etc.

were going to both mull it over for the next week or so, as we had suggested putting the plan into action from next weekend.

she also has an appointment Witt the oncologist next Friday so will ask them while she’s there.

• Like 1

Did someone say psychotropic drugs?

Actually while this is going on I'll stick with the Baileys in my fridge that I've mentioned about 10 times now but still haven't touched.

Off to get some now.

edit : awesome. what the fuck has this been doing in the fridge untouched for so long?

• Upvote 1

From The Guardian (which I've never quoted from before) :

Local television station London Live is being investigated by the media regulator after the channel broadcast an interview with the conspiracist David Icke in which he suggested the coronavirus pandemic was part of a plot by governments to destroy the economy and conduct mass surveillance.

Ofcom said it has launched an urgent investigation into the channel for potentially breaching broadcasting standards after receiving 41 complaints from members of the public. Last week it warned regulated radio and television stations to take extra care not to broadcast potentially damaging claims about the pandemic, with a promise to expedite investigations linked to coronavirus.

London Live is controlled by Evgeny Lebedev and operates from the same offices as his newspaper titles Evening Standard and Independent.

London Live defended the decision to broadcast the interview with Icke, which was edited down from an even longer online interview conducted last month by the unrelated YouTube channel London Real.

They said those complaining were confusing the material they broadcast with a separate interview Icke conducted with London Real this week, which was banned from YouTube for spreading potentially damaging claims about 5G mobile networks.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/apr/09/london-live-sparks-inquiry-david-icke-coronavirus-conspiracy-theories#maincontent

EWFHNkE.gif