You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

From the kings college covid19 tracker app team...

COVID Symptom Tracker

The impact of self-isolation

The latest analysis of data from the COVID Symptom Tracker app, used by over 2 million people, shows the rate of new symptoms being reported nationally has slowed down significantly in the past few days.  The latest figures estimate that 1.4 million people in the UK aged 20-69 have symptomatic COVID, a fall from 1.9 million on the 1st April. 

'These figures suggest that the nation staying home is having a big impact on the spread of the virus in the UK. The drop in new symptoms indicates that although the number of hospital admissions and deaths from COVID are currently rising, they should start to fall in about two weeks provided social distancing continues.

... this data supports both the success of lockdown, and the importance of maintaining it.

We would urge everyone else to download the app and check in every day, whether you are experiencing any symptoms or feeling fine.” Professor Tim Spector, King’s College London 

An interactive map allowing anyone to see the distribution of COVID in their area is available at covid.joinzoe.com as well as frequent science updates.

The most predictive individual symptoms, in order of importance were: lack of taste & smell, fatigue, shortness of breath, fever and persistent cough.

The app is available to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Oh golly super smart reply , did you learn that in your Milton Keynes local ? 

One smarmy fucking wanker you are 

What are you on about? I’m referring to PBS ‘offer’, I live no where near MK.  I am a fucking wanker though.  

34 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

What's the latest regarding funeral protocol?

I think they talking of banning them all together, I think that's funerals not the deaths themselves  

I think it was only 10 mourners allowed. Which for me might have a plus side in that if I died I'd have half a chance of getting a full house.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, aRdja said:

So the right are outraged that people are non-plussed about Boris now? Hilarious.

Whoosh.  

I think you’ll find the left are outraged that drs and nurses support his recovery.  These are obviously not the right drs and nurses. 

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

This is scathing...

About halfway down the thread is a link to another Tweet about a care home report which makes quite depressing reading.

Care workers have very little PPE at all and are being expected to go into homes and care homes of people discharged from hospital who’ve been treated for the virus, or where there are people who are probably suffering from the virus. 

It’s a gross dereliction of duty that front line workers, both inside and outside the NHS, have been put in this position.

Just now, Anubis said:

About halfway down the thread is a link to another Tweet about a care home report which makes quite depressing reading.

Care workers have very little PPE at all and are being expected to go into homes and care homes of people discharged from hospital who’ve been treated for the virus, or where there are people who are probably suffering from the virus. 

It’s a gross dereliction of duty that front line workers, both inside and outside the NHS, have been put in this position.

BUT BORIS IS HOSPITALISED!!!!! SHOW SOME SYMPATHY!!!

6 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Laura Kuenssberg should be on suicide watch, she seems to be taking Boris’s predicament very badly. You could hear it in her voice, a woman and her man.

I’d rather we not waste any resources on her. Que sera sera.

Guest Pistonbroke
9 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Laura Kuenssberg should be on suicide watch, she seems to be taking Boris’s predicament very badly. You could hear it in her voice, a woman and her man.

Tell Laura I Love her

Tell Laura I need her

Tell Laura not to cry

Her cuddly Boris, he shall not Die

33 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I think they talking of banning them all together, I think that's funerals not the deaths themselves  

I think it was only 10 mourners allowed. Which for me might have a plus side in that if I died I'd have half a chance of getting a full house.

The number of people attending your funeral will be largely dictated by the weather. 

I’d like to put something out here to get peer reviewed. Not that you dead beats are my peers, but that’s another issue.

so my ex got a letter from the hospital this week saying she must isolate for a minimum of 12 weeks due to her cancer and treatment.

her treatment hasn’t previously been on the restricted list so until this week we had been bouncing our little girl between us until told otherwise, but now since the letter we’ve sent my little girl to live with her mum, as I feel I can handle it mentally better than her mum with all that she’s dealing with.

my missus is a cooper so can’t avoid contact with public, so we can’t risk doing what we had been doing.

weve now got a plan, and I’d like you to find the flaws in it if there are any, before we put it into action.

my missus’ brother has a vacant flat at the moment. 

the plan is to share my girl between me and my ex every 2 weeks. At the point I take her, my missus moves into the flat for 2 weeks. Me and my daughter then self isolate for a fortnight together. Meaning when i return her to her mum 2 weeks later there should be no risk of infecting my ex.

my missus then moves back in for 2 weeks, and rinse after repeat until lockdown is over, or circumstances change.

i think it’s a sound plan, but if there are holes I’d like to know.

Cheers.