You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

26 minutes ago, belarus said:

I think a lot of people are maybe just simply disassociating party politics from the fact that somebody is very ill from the disease that is ripping across the globe and puts everyone at risk. But yeah, like you say I suppose, anyone wishing him well or that he doesn’t die is a Tory cunt fanning the flames of a witch hunt.

This pandemic is probably the biggest thing that will happen in most of our lifetimes, where we are all at risk, but instead of uniting, people come on message boards and try to make it a one side versus the other situation. I’m sure there’s some on here who would jump to this line of “debate” at any turn. Make anything about party politics and Tory scum. It’s tiresome and not necessary.

This was a good haven for discussion at one point - looking at stats across different countries and attempting to reassure one another as best as possible, while some panicked and some down played it. We’ve now descended into partisan bickering as usual - it seems habitual. 

There's some sense in what you're saying there. But on the other hand this is a political matter requiring strong leadership and a well organised response, which I don't think is happening.  A lot of people are still resentful about ten years of austerity, too, and that carries over into a situation like this. 

I agree that it is the biggest thing in our lifetime, to date.  And that means it requires the biggest political response and inspirational leadership.  Lies about testing kits and antibody tests isn't what we want. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Remmie said:

When I said Die Boris, Die, I was simply speaking German. It means The Boris, The.

'Die' is feminine mate, 'Der' is masculine. Unlucky. 

I’m getting to the point where if they don’t get a grip on this properly, I’ll have to fuck work off for a while. I’m not too proud to go off sick as an underpaid (private sector) ‘key worker’. I didn’t sign up to be put in the firing line by a Tory government‘s botched response to a crisis they could see coming a mile off.

It’s done a number on my mental health and I’d rather the physical doesn’t follow.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SasaS said:

Are you a medical professional or have you ever had anybody close to you admitted to an ICU? I have.

And about this Johnson should or shouldn't be admitted to the ICU nonsense: in every fucking country in the fucking world the PM or the President gets the best possible health care available, precaution or no precaution. Even if there is an actual shortage of ICU beds or ventilators, which in London ant the UK, at this moment of time, there is not.

I think I and a lot of other people were genuinely shocked when he was admitted to ICU. As you say he’s going to get well looked after as he is the PM. I do think you or I wouldn’t have been admitted to ICU though.

A lot of it is about confidence. I think if he dies that would send a huge panic to the general public. 

• Upvote 1

So, basically, we are going to fall well short of the revised figure of 18,000 ventilators they say they’ll need for peak Covid (the coming week), and nowhere near of the initial 30,000 figure they revised downwards.

We really have to try to hold these cunts to account once it’s over.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/daviddawkins/2020/04/08/billionaire-dysons-10000-ventilators-are-not-yet-delivered-and-risk-missing-peak-week-hour-of-their-greatest-need/amp/

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/uk-coronavirus-ventilators

10 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

People who’s job it is to make people well, want someone to get well. 

It’s fucking mental the lengths people will go to on here.  

Well I'd rather them do their jobs rather than wasting everyones time with silly slogans supporting a man who has been instrumental in overseeing a health service which has become strained to breaking point through a lack of government support and resources.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

Most people have said on here that they hoped he pulled through, I haven't seen photos of NHS staff holding up cards saying 'Get well soon' to other patients, in fact they are being forced to decide who lives and dies in certain hospitals. Maybe's that is what is getting people riled up about this, that and the fact they smell a rat. But hey, Tories are always gonna stick up for their own, even when they type a load of shit to turn it into a Tory witch hunt when it isn't. 

Search my name and Boris and see what I’ve always said about the cunt.  

It’s blowing your tiny mind that the hero doctors and nurses can have different political views than those you have decided are ‘right’.  Fucking moron. 

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

Well I'd rather them do their jobs rather than wasting everyones time with silly slogans supporting a man who has been instrumental in overseeing a health service which has become strained to breaking point through a lack of government support and resources.

Day 2 of the Dumb Olympics.  

Yesterday they were heroes, now they are just time wasters not doing their jobs.  Another fucking moron. 

1 hour ago, suzy said:

I think I and a lot of other people were genuinely shocked when he was admitted to ICU. As you say he’s going to get well looked after as he is the PM. I do think you or I wouldn’t have been admitted to ICU though.

A lot of it is about confidence. I think if he dies that would send a huge panic to the general public. 

How do you know?  You don’t. 

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

Day 2 of the Dumb Olympics.  

Yesterday they were heroes, now they are just time wasters not doing their jobs.  Another fucking moron. 

The people in the photo look moronic.I can think of better things they could be doing rather than taking part in silly photoshoots.. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

The people in the photo look moronic.I can think of better things they could be doing rather than taking part in silly photoshoots.. 

Jesus. Have a fucking day off. 

I can just imagine today’s death toll spiking because a few medical staff held up a sign.  I bet there’s another angle showing a ward of poor people all dying behind the medics as they hold up their signs.  Probably at least 10 deaths right there. Fucking hell. 

I seen the point made that this is almost an example of automation. How does a society function without some kind of basic income. Truth is the wealth creators are those at the bottom who buy the innovation , the technology or everyday things from those with the capability to create and implement  their ideas or who run business. Its symbiotic done rightly it benefits everybody. After all this old ideas, even traditions the status quo needs to go out the fucking window, the world needs change. Especially Britain the house of lords, banging on door with golden sticks, parliament fuck me the world's changed, technology had transformed our species and were still running the country like it's the 1800s. 

Fuck all will change though apart from maybe a few social norms.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
4 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Search my name and Boris and see what I’ve always said about the cunt.  

It’s blowing your tiny mind that the hero doctors and nurses can have different political views than those you have decided are ‘right’.  Fucking moron. 

It's not blowing my mind at all, plus I get that people have a different view on politics, even those who lean in the same direction. Ironically you try to stamp your views on everyone else whilst belittling others. There's literally not one topic on these forums where you don't go looking for confrontation, you are chief moron, and a Man-Child to boot.