You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

No. Gutted that the WHO has chosen the wrong option as I think it will lead to a higher death toll. 

Their rationale is unscientific.  They say there is "no evidence".  Well, it's their job to find the evidence.  Face masks either help or they don't. Find the evidence and then form a conclusion based on it.  Don't just say there isn't any, it's the ultimate cop out.  

They admit that the disease can be transmitted by asymptomatic carriers.  That being the case, it's shocking that they haven't changed their guidance.  They're not fit for purpose.

Good against forumites is one thing, good against health professionals is another.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Spy Bee said:

Spoke to my cousin the A&E nurse last night, and my mate the GP who had Cornoavirus and ended up on oxygen, and both of them think Johnson's done for. Not many who reach ICU are surviving when they are overweight and 55+. I'm sure he'll get the best possible care, but even if he makes it, he won't be leading the government any time soon.

So, we're left with Raab!

True, but we could have been left with Abbott. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Wabbit said:

Whilst we're on the topic, I've just used a 'foaming cleanser', something called a 'serum' and a facial moisturiser and my face feels like it's just been jizzed on with feathers and violently abused by a cashmere quilt.

I feel fucking amazing.

...and emotional.

Nothing sexier than a man who takes care of himself.

NB. Above doesnt apply to ugly people.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

National Beer Day today - it would be un-patriotic not to.

Is it really? And I've chosen today to have an IPA variety day. Just finishing my 11th different one. Unfortunately variety is now over and I need to start repeating flavours or head to some Guinness export numbers I have there. Nice to know I'm being patriotic while doing this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3