You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, davelfc said:

So that's a no then.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't put it past them of course. 

So aside from him saying it on the telly and he virtually never makes himself available for interview, how else is it supposed to come out? It was even in one of the papers that support the government, the Sunday times. 

5 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

So aside from him saying it on the telly and he virtually never makes himself available for interview, how else is it supposed to come out? It was even in one of the papers that support the government, the Sunday times. 

That's not proof, although as I said I can believe it based on the reaction of the government to this virus at times. Clearly 'herd immunity' is what they aimed for and that hasn't changed. 

I've even posted several times the parliamentary report on the cost of the old on the country, and called the virus a 'tory wet dream' 

38 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I hope your mother recovers, Jordy.

As for Johnson, he was prepared to sacrifice a lot of people for his herd immunity project, so I’ll reserve my sympathy for the people who will be the victims of his decisions. Whatever happens with Johnson happens, I’m not arsed either way.

Exactly this. You reap what you sow. 

Good luck with your mum, Jordy. Will be thinking of her.

Appreciate people have views on Johnson and his politics, but wishing death on anyone, and I mean anyone, is beyond my mindset. Taking pleasure in the situation says more about you in a bad light than it does about how protective and caring of people you are in my mind. Sickening.

I sincerely hope he pulls through. Got a little one on the way as well.

Wish everyone could beat this cunt fucking virus.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

My mother's got it. I'm really scared. 

Hope she recovers soon. 

I agree with others, I cannot wish Boris or anyone else dead from this virus. I hope he makes a full recovery along with all of those affected. I hope we find some form of treatment that will lessen the serious effects. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, belarus said:

Good luck with your mum, Jordy. Will be thinking of her.

Appreciate people have views on Johnson and his politics, but wishing death on anyone, and I mean anyone, is beyond my mindset. Taking pleasure in the situation says more about you in a bad light than it does about how protective and caring of people you are in my mind. Sickening.

I sincerely hope he pulls through. Got a little one on the way as well.

Wish everyone could beat this cunt fucking virus.

When Boris spoke about herd immunity, that was kind of wishing death on people.  A lot of death.  It was only the other day that Prof Medley of Imperial College spoke about "letting people catch the virus in the least deadly way", or words to that effect.  

I believe that BJ's poor response to this virus will cause a lot of deaths which would have been preventable had he treated this pandemic with the respect it deserves.   This was a massive opportunity for him to go down as a truly great Prime Minister.  He could have done any number of things; halting inbound infections (flights), aggressive testing, contact tracing.   Instead, he was quite happy to move from containment straight to mitigation - a move met with incredulity from the scientific community around the world.  

The Tory party has fucked the NHS for over a decade.  They have placed all of us in jeapordy.  I don't want him to die but that's as far as my sympathy extends. 

• Upvote 10

56 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Thanks for the sentiments. She's had a bad cough for around 6 days but apparently no breathing problems yet. I think tomorrow will be an important day. 

Fingers crossed she gets through it ok.

29 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Boris will be getting the VERY best treatment available. If he doesn't make it then I fear for a lot of us.

You could have Lewis Hamilton's team of mechanics look at your clapped out  Ford Mondeo but their expertise, know how and tools will only do so much if the engine is fucked.