You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

My mother's got it. I'm really scared. 

Best of luck for her mate, sad news. 

5 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

My mother's got it. I'm really scared. 

I hope your mother recovers, Jordy.

As for Johnson, he was prepared to sacrifice a lot of people for his herd immunity project, so I’ll reserve my sympathy for the people who will be the victims of his decisions. Whatever happens with Johnson happens, I’m not arsed either way.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 11

Just now, Anubis said:

I hope your mother recovers, Jordy.

As for Johnson, he was prepared to sacrifice a lot of people for his herd immunity project, so I’ll reserve

my sympathy for the people who will be the victims of his decisions. Whatever happens with Johnson happens.

This.

In relation to Johnson, I don't wish death on him but I would not mourn his passing.

It would appear his ignorance and arrogance may have lead him here. Hopefully if nothing else people will realise how serious this situation is. 

As someone else said, if he does recover maybe he will see the NHS and public sector in a different light. An ounce of experience etc

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

In relation to Johnson, I don't wish death on him but I would not mourn his passing.

It would appear his ignorance and arrogance may have lead him here. Hopefully if nothing else people will realise how serious this situation is. 

As someone else said, if he does recover maybe he will see the NHS and public sector in a different light. An ounce of experience etc

Nah, he won't change, they never do.

People have to remember it's a virus. It seems it's basically a question of your body fights it off or it doesn't and there's no special cure or high quality treatment that will just get rid of it.

These old, out of shape world leaders who were walking around shaking people's hands potentially dying from this shouldn't be scaring anybody more than anybody else dying. 

5 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Well my view is in an ideal world nobody else is going to die from this virus, but the fact is that's just not true and this week there'll be thousands more dead in this country alone. It makes no difference to me if Johnson is one of them - although of course the outcome of any future Tory leadership election could give us someone worse than him. I do wonder if Dominic Cummings is now regretting the impact of his words "herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad". 

1 minute ago, Scooby Dudek said:

And this type of bullshit from the government is exactly why nobody ever believes a word they say and what gives oxygen to mad conspiracy theories. 

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Thanks for the sentiments. She's had a bad cough for around 6 days but apparently no breathing problems yet. I think tomorrow will be an important day. 

I hope your mam gets over this and it's just a mild dose. 

Out of curiosity, does she know where she contracted it? 

Just now, Bobby Hundreds said:

I hate Dominic Cummings but is there any proof that he actually said that.

It came from someone inside the cabinet and was printed in quotes by one of the countries leading political journalist and was never disputed by the government as far as I know. I'm not sure how much more proof you're going to get. 

Just now, Barry Wom said:

It came from someone inside the cabinet and was printed in quotes by one of the countries leading political journalist and was never disputed by the government as far as I know. I'm not sure how much more proof you're going to get. 

So that's a no then.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't put it past them of course.