You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Mark D. Levine (@MarkLevineNYC) tweetede: Soon we'll start “temporary interment”. This likely will be done by using a NYC park for burials (yes you read that right). Trenches will be dug for 10 caskets in a line.

It will be done in a dignified, orderly--and temporary--manner. But it will be tough for NYers to take.  9/ https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247156159896748032?s=20

fucking hell. 

7 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

Mark D. Levine (@MarkLevineNYC) tweetede: Soon we'll start “temporary interment”. This likely will be done by using a NYC park for burials (yes you read that right). Trenches will be dug for 10 caskets in a line.

It will be done in a dignified, orderly--and temporary--manner. But it will be tough for NYers to take.  9/ https://twitter.com/MarkLevineNYC/status/1247156159896748032?s=20

fucking hell. 

What the fuck. 

10 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Danes re-opening nurseries and schools for the youngest children after Easter.

I hope to fuck they know what they are doing.

They are extending lots also though. Until september for large gatherings etc. Also said unless everyone keeps it up for the next 10 days, nothing will happen. 

26 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Many countries that have it more or less under control now will be relaxing measures after Easter.

38 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Japan are reopening some schools too and I'm hoping the same.

https://japantoday.com/category/national/many-schools-in-japan-reopen-after-monthlong-coronavirus-shutdown

From WSJ live updates. So, no significant movement on the cure before mid-summer.

Inside the Race to Find a Coronavirus Cure

By Joseph Walker, Peter Loftus and Jared S. Hopkins

More than 140 experimental drug treatments and vaccines against the coronavirus are in development world-wide, most in early stages but including 11 already in clinical trials, according to Informa Pharma Intelligence.

“We have never gone so fast with so many resources in such a short time frame,” said Paul Stoffels, chief scientific officer of Johnson & Johnson.

Even so, for most treatments and vaccines it will be midsummer before human testing reveals whether they are safe to take, not to mention if they work. J&J is excited about a vaccine prospect but won’t be able to start testing it in humans until September.

While scientists are mobilizing at record speed, the pandemic is moving even faster.

9 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Boris taken to an intensive care unit.

So, in applying the coronavirus ICU mortality rates, he's got more of a chance of dying than surviving. 

I can't stand him, but it's a bit fucked up. It was always serious. There's no way he's going to hospital at 8 o'clock on a Sunday evening for bog standard tests. 

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

So, in applying the coronavirus ICU mortality rates, he's got more of a chance of dying than surviving. 

I can't stand him, but it's a bit fucked up. It was always serious. There's no way he's going to hospital at 8 o'clock on a Sunday evening for bog standard tests. 

He's overweight, male and presumably smokes or did smoke. He probably is up against it now.

I'm of the same opinion, but unlike his party I wouldn't want people to die.