You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Spain are considering a national roll-out of UBI as a result of coronavirus. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-05/spanish-government-aims-to-roll-out-basic-income-soon

Politics

Spanish Government Aims to Roll Out Basic Income ‘Soon’

By Rodrigo Orihuela

April 5, 2020, 5:43 PM EDT

Spain Extends State Of Emergency

Photographer: Angel Navarrete/Bloomberg

Sign up here for our daily coronavirus newsletter on what you need to know, and subscribe to our Covid-19 podcast for the latest news and analysis.

The Spanish government is working to roll out a universal basic income as soon as possible, as part of a battery of actions aimed at countering the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, according to Economy Minister Nadia Calvino.

Social Security Minister Jose Luis Escriva is coordinating the project and plans to put some sort of basic income “in place as soon as possible,” with the main focus on assisting families, Calvino, who also serves as deputy prime minister, said in an interview Sunday night with Spanish broadcaster La Sexta.

But the government’s broader ambition is that basic income becomes an instrument “that stays forever, that becomes a structural instrument, a permanent instrument,” she said.

Spain is dealing with the second worst coronavirus outbreak in Europe, and the pandemic has pushed the government to order a state of emergency, which has put the country in lockdown and driven the economy to a stand-still. The government has announced a barrage of policies to assist self-employed workers and companies, mainly small and medium-sized, but has also said that more measures will be required.

1 hour ago, Spy Bee said:

Only 403. Looks like the queen has cracked it!

Hold that thought, they mentioned on the news that there are less officials working over the weekend, that 403 figure is for Sunday, it was lower for Saturday as well. It's been lower for most weekends. Tomorrow we'll know a bit more as they'll register extra deaths today. Don't be surprised if there's a leap tomorrow, if there isn't then it's a positive sign.

14 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Large numbers of people flocked to popular tourists sites and major cities across China over the country's holiday weekend, despite warnings from health authorities that the risk posed by the coronavirus pandemic remains far from over.

Utter fucking cunts 

Local police had to close the main local park in Watford over the weekend. Hundreds of people having picnic

Some other excuses they've had from people out

One person said: "I don't care if I get sick or spread it, that's not my problem."

Another person said they had to get their car worth nearly £100,000 cleaned.

They said: “I'm driving because I need to use the car wash, I've got bird poo on my car, and this car costs 90grand."

Other responses included "but I'm bored at home" and "I've travelled from London to get some paint".

Another excuse police received included someone saying: “We don’t live in the same house but we’re standing 6ft apart when we kick the football".

The town has become more of a tory/ukip sithole the past decade. Cunts everywhere 

Just got this message from a colleague.

The Barclays Bank in west derby is closed, apparently some woman went in today and said to one of the people who work there that she has the virus so they’ve had to close it all to give it a deep clean and they don’t know when it will be open again.

20 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Local police had to close the main local park in Watford over the weekend. Hundreds of people having picnic

Some other excuses they've had from people out

One person said: "I don't care if I get sick or spread it, that's not my problem."

Another person said they had to get their car worth nearly £100,000 cleaned.

They said: “I'm driving because I need to use the car wash, I've got bird poo on my car, and this car costs 90grand."

Other responses included "but I'm bored at home" and "I've travelled from London to get some paint".

Another excuse police received included someone saying: “We don’t live in the same house but we’re standing 6ft apart when we kick the football".

The town has become more of a tory/ukip sithole the past decade. Cunts everywhere 

What is wrong with people? Meanwhile I just go for a quick 20 min walk round the residential streets. I don’t even do it every day now because I just want the safety of home! Most weekends I’d be at the coast, in the countryside or shopping. I seem much more content at home nowadays.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Aventus said:

I can see a load of people developing some sort of agoraphobia after this, not through fear of corona, but just from being so used to sitting in their little bubble all day. 

I never liked wool sweaters anyway. 

• Upvote 2