You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, suzy said:

Yes I remember having it too. Bumped my arm afterwards on the train station door and it was agony!

People of my mum’s generation (she’s 80 now) had a huge distinctive scar that we didn’t get!

That was one of the most feared thing about getting the BCG. Not the injection itself but knowing you were going to go through a week of being punched in the arm.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

That was one of the most feared thing about getting the BCG. Not the injection itself but knowing you were going to go through a week of being punched in the arm.

I've got a massive scar on my arm after my brother punched me in the arm

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Special K said:

I've got a massive scar on my arm after my brother punched me in the arm

Mine was agony for months afterwards. My dad put a hot flannel on it and then squeezed. What came out was fucking horrific. 

oh, and the girl in front of me getting the injection tensed her arm muscle, the nurse couldn’t get the needle out and then the girl fainted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Why the fuck would you put up with that cringeworthy nightmare of a press conference and THEN resign.

I think she's been a dickhead. And sent out totally the wrong message. But... 

Isn't it desirable to have a degree of continuity and stability when dealing with a public health emergency? Rather than chop and change?

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I think she's been a dickhead. And sent out totally the wrong message. But... 

Isn't it desirable to have a degree of continuity and stability when dealing with a public health emergency? Rather than chop and change?

No, not when they lose all credibility.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Mine was agony for months afterwards. My dad put a hot flannel on it and then squeezed. What came out was fucking horrific. 

oh, and the girl in front of me getting the injection tensed her arm muscle, the nurse couldn’t get the needle out and then the girl fainted. 

Horrendous experience, my arm pussed for a long time afterwards.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Why the fuck would you put up with that cringeworthy nightmare of a press conference and THEN resign.

She did offer her resignation but Sturgeon declined it.

Fuck knows if it was out of loyalty or they were close friends or a bit of both.

She should have been sacked on the spot.

Then she revealed she visited her holiday home twice in a week, when it was reported it was only once.

@natashaldaly: BREAKING: A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for Covid-19. 6 other tigers and lions at the zoo are also showing symptoms. Believed to have been infected by an asymptomatic zoo worker. All doing well. To my knowledge, this is the first animal to test positive in the U.S.

5 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

@natashaldaly: BREAKING: A tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for Covid-19. 6 other tigers and lions at the zoo are also showing symptoms. Believed to have been infected by an asymptomatic zoo worker. All doing well. To my knowledge, this is the first animal to test positive in the U.S.

This wouldn’t have been allowed to happen if Joe Exotic was still on the throne. 

• Upvote 3