You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

49 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

They're mostly fine. There's been a few that cottoned on to the 5G masts being alien mind control devices and they burned a few of them down, but most of the flock have dismissed that and they're still inside staring at their screens oblivious.

Hail Hydra.

alien device? The sheeps are running the takeover on their own.

https://visitfaroeislands.com/sheepview360/

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Mudface said:

https://vimeo.com/401388996

This was linked to earlier in the thread- I can't find the post, but it really is worth watching. It's a New York doctor giving advice. Key points- wash/ sanitise your hands after touching anything; don't touch your face at all; wear a mask to stop you touching your face; distance yourself from other people; stop panicking, the virus is a pussy if you follow the rules.

It is 2 weeks old, but still it seems like a damn good guide to prevent infection. Of course, he might be dead by now...

Just watched the video. Real good. Very reassuring. 

I see there's studies being fast tracked into the benefits of the old TB vaccine the BCG. 

The only two countries where it was compulsory to receive it was Ireland and Portugal. 

The Portuguese so far only have 209 deaths, compared to their neighbours, the Spanish, who wildly weren't vaccinated against tb, that does seem odd. 

11 hours ago, TK421 said:

That Prof Neil Ferguson makes an appearance in the first article and it's not a glowing endorsement.

I posted the other one in the Facemask thread earlier, needless to say I agree with it.  Hoping that this WHO change in guidance will come soon.  A lot of countries with good mask policies now, the mask battle is nearly won except in Boris's backwards Britain.  

He was treated like a rock star on Marr this morning and loving every second of it the smug cunt. 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

A member of the upper chamber encouraging the dickheads.

He should be slapped down by a government official. It shouldn't take the population, the government should come out and make an example of him. I won't hold my breath. 

4 hours ago, Pistonbroke said:

I bet Number 10 and Buckingham Palace have about 20 ventilators on standby just to be on the safe side. 

No need for that. They'll just take them off someone dying in an ICU. 

3 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Only just seen that Matt Hancock (fucking Tony Hancock would be more use) is suggesting that outdoor exercise could be banned. Whilst I understand the reasons and thinking behind it, I think a total ban could be unbelievably detrimental to peoples mental health.

Sometimes the thought of going for a walk or run is the only thing that gets people through the day at the moment! I agree we need to stick to the social distancing guidelines and I wouldn't mind if it was limited to every other day, but a blanket ban seems too far at this stage!

To be fair to Hancock (and I don't like doing this), he said this in response to a question off Marr saying something like what are you going to do if people ignore your order to stay in and choose to sit in the park on their daily walk. 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

Lord Bath has died, hopefully surrounded by his 65 wives.  

Is he the mad cunt who owns that Safari park that used to have a TV show done there? Was it called Longleat? 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Wasn't BCG compulsory in this country.

Yes it has been in the past, I'm not sure if it still is or if not, how long for.

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Pretty much, unless you reacted badly to the daisy prick. Not sure if parents could withdraw their kids from it.

If you had a reaction to the tester it meant you already had immunity from being exposed previously. They stopped giving it as a teenager a while back, apparently you are given a TB vaccine as a baby or toddler now.

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

There's a doctor on YouTube who says that the people on ventilators have an 86% mortality rate.  

Yeah read another report the other day and stats were 80% deaths of people needing ventilators thought I had read wrong. However careful publishing those stats there will be those who's analysis would indicate it is not economically worthwhile buying ventilators for a return like this.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

There's a doctor on YouTube who says that the people on ventilators have an 86% mortality rate.  

If that's true, that means there is a 14% recovery rate. For that reason, I'm all in.

6 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Italy and Spain set to go with face masks in public.  They're now compulsory in Lombardy.  This is the sweet smell of face mask victory.  UK is being left behind here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/05/lombardy-insists-on-face-masks-outside-homes-to-stop-covid-19

I've ordered some masks and filters from Amazon. They're not medically proven (I'd rather they go to the professionals) but I'm definitely going to wear one as much as I reasonably can.

5 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I've ordered some masks and filters from Amazon. They're not medically proven (I'd rather they go to the professionals) but I'm definitely going to wear one as much as I reasonably can.

I read the other day Amazon workers were revolting due to the lack of masks and other PPE. Surely if they can't order it on the Amazon, what chance do the rest of us have?

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

If you had a reaction to the tester it meant you already had immunity from being exposed previously. They stopped giving it as a teenager a while back, apparently you are given a TB vaccine as a baby or toddler now.

You're right, I remember my Goddaughter's had hers now you mention it.

49 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Yeah read another report the other day and stats were 80% deaths of people needing ventilators thought I had read wrong. However careful publishing those stats there will be those who's analysis would indicate it is not economically worthwhile buying ventilators for a return like this.

The big question there would be whether the 80% were left waiting for ventilators to become available, or (the even more frightening possibility) had them removed when others needed them.

Even then, the benefits represented by the successful treatment of the 20% could make it viable regardless.