You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

We’re a few weeks into this and I’ve come to the conclusion that the government just aren’t basing their policy on what TK says.  Weird that.  I mean at Christmas he’d have been my go-to expert in pandemics as he was always telling us that was his particular area of expertise. He was always banging on about it after all. 

Hopefully Warney will take heed on the bowling front too.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Rico1304 said:

We’re a few weeks into this and I’ve come to the conclusion that the government just aren’t basing their policy on what TK says.  Weird that.  I mean at Christmas he’d have been my go-to expert in pandemics as he was always telling us that was his particular area of expertise. He was always banging on about it after all. 

Hopefully Warney will take heed on the bowling front too.  

Nothing to contribute but having a go at others who give sincere views. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Nothing to contribute but having a go at others who give sincere views. 

Absolutely right I’ve nothing to contribute.  Public Health is incredibly complex hence why most of the people trying to fix this are called Professor.  We laughed at someone who say ‘we’ve had enough of experts’ and it fucked us right up.  You have literally zero experience of this. 

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

The scales on some of these graphs are so misleading. I realise it's difficult because of the way the numbers escalate, but I just find it really irritating having to read the numbers on a yay graph. It would most be easier to just have a fucking excel spread sheet with the data in, because this doesn't really visualise the story. 

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I don’t know. I’m genuinely curious. Thoughts @Strontium Dog™? Can we all go to the pub now?

I thought one of those Imperial college fellas has been pushing it again..well actually maybe pushing it is the wrong phrase, he's using the word which has been pretty much banned for 3 or 4 weeks. I feel absolutely certain herd immunity has never gone, it's just been not mentioned by the government and their advisors since they were ridiculed. In my view the government aim was always to get the kids back to school and most industry going again by the end of the school Easter holidays. Introducing the idea of herd immunity now softens people up for the idea of getting back out there when there'll probably be a 1000 a day dying from the virus..

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Johnson’s missus has the symptoms now.  Are we hoping her or her kid dies? 

This would be considered acceptable collateral damage for the better of the community or not, if we were doing this herd immunity thing?