You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

9 minutes ago, M_B said:

Whilst it's very likely China are hiding figures, that video doesn't really give any solid evidence. It's a video with an agenda.

And the WHO guy clearly couldn't speak about Taiwan because of the one China policy which most countries and organizations abide by, yet that is never mentioned.

Edit: Although it's just occurred to me that is your point. duh.

People try to put us down. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Einch said:

Definitely not. More just me whiling away the time waiting for my daily list of DIY jobs from her indoors despite still working 12 hours a day Monday to Friday

Fair play mate. I feel fucking lucky not to have anyone locked inside the hermetically sealed box with me. Had a Zoom chat with 7 of my 9 best mates last night and one of the wives couldn’t even leave him to that, endlessly looming into view and trying to bring the conversation back to her. They were all checking in and making sure loneliness wasn’t killing me and I was thinking “Thank fuck for this”.

31 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Fair play mate. I feel fucking lucky not to have anyone locked inside the hermetically sealed box with me. Had a Zoom chat with 7 of my 9 best mates last night and one of the wives couldn’t even leave him to that, endlessly looming into view and trying to bring the conversation back to her. They were all checking in and making sure loneliness wasn’t killing me and I was thinking “Thank fuck for this”.

Spot the stealth brag. Ooh, look at me, I've got 9 friends.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

This is unacceptable.  Imperial College London must be investigated and their cosy relationship with the government must end.  It's not acceptable for the government to rely on this narrow pool of views as their sole means of scientific advice, whilst ignoring broader scientific consensus.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/coronavirus-adviser-pm-wants-herd-21811857

Coronavirus adviser to PM wants 'herd immunity' considered again to end lockdown

20 minutes ago, DJLJ said:

My brother's mate's missus works for the NHS. She's just posted on Facebook that about 2 in every 3 of her team have tested positive. 

This whole PPE thing should go down as a national scandal. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

My brother's mate's missus works for the NHS. She's just posted on Facebook that about 2 in every 3 of her team have tested positive. 

This whole PPE thing should go down as a national scandal. 

I'm not condoning tories here, I'm actually Irish, so not even English. 

But it must be extremely difficult for all countries trying to provide ppe for their staff, and all at the same time. The whole world wants the same products. It must be a mine field trying to source good quality ppe. 

I see trump put some embargo on 3M from selling their masks abroad. Crazy times 

4 hours ago, Anubis said:

“They offered three times the price and they proposed to pay upfront. I can’t do that. I’m spending taxpayers’ money and I can only pay on delivery having checked the quality,” she told BFMTV. “So we were caught out.”

A good old fashioned gazzumping.

6 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

But it must be extremely difficult for all countries trying to provide ppe for their staff, and all at the same time. The whole world wants the same products. It must be a mine field trying to source good quality ppe. 

I agree to some extent. 

And I'm no expert but understand that you have to take into account the shelf life of some products. But, the whole scramble around for stuff now strengthens the argument that the government have dealt with this reactively and didn't have a sound plan in place for in case a pandemic hit us, or from January-ish when it looked pretty certain that we'd be hit by the coronavirus. 

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Trump said 3M need to stop selling masks to Canada.

3M said go fuck yourself. 

Even Trudeau, who steps around Trump like a man with white weeding shoes in a dog park full of non-compliant poop scoopers mouthed off to Trump.

I’d recall all our nurses and health care workers down there.