You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

One of my exes used to work there.  Small world.  

They were one of my clients when I worked in London. Used to have a few teams working for them. A very good client for the most part except for one particular cunt woman who we ran a campaign for in their traffic solution stuff. Arguably the worst person I have come across in my professional life. Rude as fuck. I doubt it was her mate unless she was half Chinese? 

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

Trump ordered 3M to stop exporting face masks to Canada.  He's out of his mind.  

Apparently at least some proportion of the paper products used to make the masks/gowns etc., is produced here in Canada:

The mill is currently working at full capacity to produce a recent double order from the US.

Hopefully someone in the government will be able to recognize a bargaining chip when they see one.

• Upvote 1

Just now, suzy said:

Apparently the new Nightingale hospital was expected to have its first patients today but London hospitals are ‘coping’ at the moment so it will be next week before any patients go there.

Not specifically directed at you obviously, but given the massive increase in cases, are the other hospitals being fitted out now? They could be needed very soon.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Does this mean people might stop doing death stats like they're the fucking pools results coming in everyday now?

That's exactly what I've been fearing at times when posting about the death rate, that it'd come across as something like that.

I doubt people will post less stats though if you mean daily figures from different countries, I haven't been posting those either. I was just wondering about the overall death rate of it seeing as it's varying so wildly in different areas. It's not something I've liked posting about though, knowing that those percentages represent so many people dying from what looks like a seriously horrible illness. So now that I have no real belief in the figures I'll be glad to be posting about it a lot less.

Just now, TK421 said:

So the CDC has changed its guidance on masks.  Americans told to wear cloth masks or face coverings in situations where social distancing not possible. In other words, if you go outside always wear a mask.

Trump's not going to though, and he's the wisest. So wise.

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Just seen this on my Facey. 

New lights/masts set up near ours. I don't think they're anything to do with 5G. But, people have said they are and the blue in the photo is meant to be fire, as someone set it alight earlier tonight. 

FB_IMG_1585953893012.jpg

Them masts have been going up everywhere. One went up in Speke the other day. I think it is 5g. 

It'll be interesting to see if this Van-Tam dickhead maintains his stance on masks in light of the CDC change.  The WHO will surely follow, I'm sure CDC will have consulted them before making that move.  Matt Hancock needs to put Van-Tam in his place on this issue.  

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

It'll be interesting to see if this Van-Tam dickhead maintains his stance on masks in light of the CDC change.  The WHO will surely follow, I'm sure CDC will have consulted them before making that move.  Matt Hancock needs to put van Tam in his place on this issue.  

The big problem in all of this- and I support your mask stance, as long as they work- is that as soon as the word comes down that masks are necessary, there's going to be an instant, massive shortage. You'd hope 'they' are waiting for production to be sufficiently ramped up to cater for everyone before recommending their usage.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

The big problem in all of this- and I support your mask stance, as long as they work- is that as soon as the word comes down that masks are necessary, there's going to be an instant, massive shortage. You'd hope 'they' are waiting for production to be sufficiently ramped up to cater for everyone before recommending their usage.

People can make home made ones like in Austria, Czech Republic etc.  Nobody will be censured or face legal bother for wearing a home made mask until proper supplies are available.  The wording of the new CDC guidance makes that clear.