You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Yeah it all looks like a load of shit now with death rates and death numbers because so much is being missed. I don't believe any of it. I think the actual death rate could be around 1% or just under, but there's no way I'm going to find out with the way things are being checked, and it could be that even experts will be having to guess as well for quite a while yet.

I'm not even sure if we'll ever truly know how bad this has been once it's over.

From the Independent re: France

France death toll rises to 6,507

France - unlike the UK - provides statistics on the number of coronavirus deaths in both hospitals and nursing homes.

In the latest figures issued at 7pm UK time, the total deaths rose from 5,387 to 6,507. The figure for hospital deaths only rose from 4,503 to 5,091.

28 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

The 100k was a "dead cat" to move the focus away from their failure to meet their 25k target and give them longer to hit this new target. 

In other news....what a dickhead Hancock is.

That could be anyone to be fair.  Everyone touches their face, it's instinctive.  I wouldn't judge him on those photos.

He wouldn't be able to wipe his nose like that with a mask on, though.  

4 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yeah it all looks like a load of shit now with death rates and death numbers because so much is being missed. I don't believe any of it. I think the actual death rate could be around 1% or just under, but there's no way I'm going to find out with the way things are being checked, and it could be that even experts will be having to guess as well for quite a while yet.

I'm not even sure if we'll ever truly know how bad this has been once it's over.

Apparently, we don't even know with flu, it's all mostly estimates.

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

That could be anyone to be fair.  Everyone touches their face, it's instinctive.  I wouldn't judge him on those photos.

I'm sure he'd find a way, the pig.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Yes he would. It’s permeable. 

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Extremely alarming this.

Goes in the 'no shit' pile to be honest, of course there are unconfirmed cases leading to death, especially towards the end of the graph where we already know the healthcare system in Spain was totally and tragically overburdened.

For the Italy example, cherry-picking a visualisation of a single town (of 11,000 pop) in particular actually makes it look quite disingenuous. No link to a wider dataset or source either.

51 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I have to admit, grudgingly, that the last couple of nights performances from Hancock were far more professional than the likes of Raab , Sharma and Johnson. He obviously realised he needed to up his game when Turdseye and his shipmates filleted him in December. I wonder if he was pushed out of self-isolation early because of how badly the briefings were going.

To be fair he could live stream himself having a shit and it would be better than anything Johnson could air

25 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Fair enough, was hoping for some type of accuracy but get that it isn't going to happen now anyway.

Does this mean people might stop doing death stats like they're the fucking pools results coming in everyday now?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mook said:

Does this mean people might stop doing death stats like they're the fucking pools results coming in everyday now?

You mean you're not spread betting? I've made a fortune, if I could stop coughing and there was anywhere open to spend it, I'd be delighted so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clangers said:

As horrendous as it is in Italy, Spain, France, UK etc this is all going to be dwarfed by the US. A fragmented government and health care system led by a deranged, overwhelmed dimwit.

The thing with the US, some states will benefit from it hitting other states first and some are more rural, so it won't run through the population as quickly. Their biggest threat is indeed the fuckwit running the show. 

1 minute ago, TK421 said:

Trump ordered 3M to stop exporting face masks to Canada.  He's out of his mind.  

To be fair he's been under pressure from the democrats to do just that. Well not pick on Canada, but put the military in charge of the distribution of equipment from US manufacturing to the states in most need on some type of "defence" procedure he can invoke. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

To be fair he's been under pressure from the democrats to do just that. Well not pick on Canada, but put the military in charge of the distribution of equipment from US manufacturing to the states in most need on some type of "defence" procedure he can invoke. 

3M are an international company. If 3M US stops exports then other 3M units will do the same resulting in fewer masks for the US.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mudface said:

You mean you're not spread betting? I've made a fortune, if I could stop coughing and there was anywhere open to spend it, I'd be delighted so far.

*takes bookies pen & pad from shirt pocket

34 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

3M are an international company. If 3M US stops exports then other 3M units will do the same resulting in fewer masks for the US.  

That's exactly what the CEO of 3M has said in response. Foreign policy 101 which apparently Trump doesn't have an ounce of knowledge about. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TK421 said:

That is a mask, it's covering over the reptile underneath. 

41 minutes ago, Mook said:

*takes bookies pen & pad from shirt pocket  prison wallet

• Upvote 2