You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Debenhams taking the preliminary steps of appointing administrators. It's being reported that this is being done to hold off demands from creditors such as suppliers (they surely need to be paid somehow?) and to ensure that Debenhams can continue to trade, in the long term. 

I think we'll see a few places go to the wall. 

• Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

What I posted was a fact back then. The facts have since changed. They may change again, if it's discovered that the virus was operating in this country even earlier than thought.

This is fucking bizarre, even for you.

Is there a definitive time when this thing started? My Mrs took ill at Christmas and was fucked for about a month with all of the symptoms of this, she was gasping for breath at times.

34 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Statistics on total deaths in this country in March this year against a five year average:

Week ended                                                06-Mar-20              13-Mar-20               20-Mar-20

Total deaths, all ages                                   10,895                    11,019                    10,645
Total deaths: average of corresponding
week over the previous 5 years                     11,498                    11,205                    10,573

Source? 

I refuse to accept your 'facts' without a legitimate source. mainly because I won't accept 'facts' off a guy who used to have highlights in his hair. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

The fucking things people will argue over....  

I think it's as dumb as you do, but I can't let accusations of being a liar go unchallenged. I will never knowingly post something that is untrue, and I don't know what more anyone can do than that.

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

I think it's as dumb as you do, but I can't let accusations of being a liar go unchallenged. I will never knowingly post something that is untrue, and I don't know what more anyone can do than that.

Oh thats a change of wording. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Source? 

I refuse to accept your 'facts' without a legitimate source. mainly because I won't accept 'facts' off a guy who used to have highlights in his hair. 

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/weeklyprovisionalfiguresondeathsregisteredinenglandandwales

My highlights are natural, I suppose that's my fault too.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh thats a change of wording. 

Yes, people can use different words to say the same thing, you probably should have learnt that in primary school English.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yes, people can use different words to say the same thing, you probably should have learnt that in primary school English.

Its just its gone from "I literally never post anything but facts" to "I never knowingly post anything that isn't factual" 

Just saying. 

Anyway go back to trying to show that "Cornorvirus isn't all its hyped up to be and that the death rate is the same, everyones going to be embarrassed, I'm a classless self-absorbed gobshite blah blah blah."

5 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Is there a definitive time when this thing started? My Mrs took ill at Christmas and was fucked for about a month with all of the symptoms of this, she was gasping for breath at times.

That would be somewhat earlier than the first reported cases outside China.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

It depends. Is she a bat?

13 minutes ago, Johnny Utah said:

Long time lurker here but can’t see why people bother with SD. He’s a contrary fucker in every thread he posts in. Even in a thread about the Coronavirus.

Whilst I have nothing against SD, I agree it is tiresome to see threads hijacked by baiting and arguments over and over again.

• Upvote 1