You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

More on Sweden and their approach, from two days ago. No numbers. Swedes all going away for Easter.

"The Scandinavian country has a nearly exclusive focus on the elderly and other risk groups, little testing and very few binding measures of social distancing, while many other countries are adopting massive lockdown measures. This contrast becomes an intimate matter, a light form of schizophrenia between different emotional and political ways to handle uncertainty. "

"Being in Sweden now feels like finding yourself in the “control group” of a massive political experiment of containment and response to a global pandemic: will we – a unique case in Europe and possibly the world – be proven right, or are we heading for disaster?"

https://www.coronatimes.net/trust-science-sweden-covid19/?fbclid=IwAR25GUZE2UTqIaEFkREHW61oq_wQ6QRBOFKwTAGmOIiIYFC60F4LgwByW2c

On 21/03/2020 at 18:04, Strontium Dog™ said:

We were never following those figures. The Italy column begins from the date of the first death. The UK column begins two days after the date of the first death. The UK column has been shunted down for no apparent reason, it's extremely misleading, doubtless whoever created it has an agenda to push.

We're 16 days after the first death here (5 Mar to 21 Mar), and we're up to 233. After 16 days (22 Feb to 9 Mar) Italy was up to 463.

3 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

So it turns out that the first death in this country was in February and not March as was reported. Why would they cover this up?

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

So Stronts could win an argument a couple of hundred pages back. 

1 hour ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Struggling to think of a better motive for any action in human history tbh.

"

I've literally never posted anything other than facts in my life. I deal exclusively in truth. I'm so sorry that reality supports my world view and not yours. So, so sorry."

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Can't see anywhere there where I haven't posted facts, but you do realise an earlier death in this country reinforces my original point?

Its ok SD yet again you have posted something that isn't factual and been pulled up on it so why don't you stop saying you only post facts and admit that you are as capable as anyone of getting things wrong? Its not a crime to be wrong sometimes. Just start showing a bit of humility?

Fuck me I'm wrong most of the time, if I get something right I usually shoot my bolt. 

Fuck your original point. Your the guy who thins we will be embarrassed by all this when its over and only a couple of days ago said he will stand by that despicable ill-informed arrogant statement despite people on this forum already losing or close to losing people they know. 

You classless pile of bat turd. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

We're 16 days after the first death here (5 Mar to 21 Mar)

Ignore the rest of the post though as usual. 

Okay, so you seem to be blaming me for not knowing a fortnight ago that the first death was in February rather than March, even though we've only just found that out now.

I plead guilty to not being omniscient.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Okay, so you seem to be blaming me for not knowing a fortnight ago that the first death was in February rather than March, even though we've only just found that out now.

I plead guilty to not being omniscient.

I'm merely pointing out that this arrogant comment "I've literally never posted anything other than facts in my life. I deal exclusively in truth. I'm so sorry that reality supports my world view and not yours. So, so sorry." is the load of false arrogant lying bollocks that me and most others knew it was as soon as you posted it. I'm sure many a Cardinal in the Vatican spat their creme de menthe over their laptop/phone/pc screen when they read it. 

I'm merely pointing out that this arrogant comment "I've literally never posted anything other than facts in my life. I deal exclusively in truth. I'm so sorry that reality supports my world view and not yours. So, so sorry." is the load of false arrogant lying bollocks that me and most others knew it was as soon as you posted it. I'm sure many a Cardinal in the Vatican spat their creme de menthe over their laptop/phone/pc screen when they read it. 

What I posted was a fact back then. The facts have since changed. They may change again, if it's discovered that the virus was operating in this country even earlier than thought.

This is fucking bizarre, even for you.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Strontium Dog™ said:

What I posted was a fact back then. The facts have since changed. They may change again, if it's discovered that the virus was operating in this country even earlier than thought.

This is fucking bizarre, even for you.

You really need to stop taking whatever you are on. It clearly wasn't a 'fact' back then if we now know that it wasn't true you absolute headtheball. Wow. 

Jesus wept. 

You really need to stop taking whatever you are on. It clearly wasn't a 'fact' back then if we now know that it wasn't true you absolute headtheball. Wow. 

Jesus wept. 

So what you're saying is that this comes down to you not understanding what the word "fact" means.

A fact is a thing which reflects our best current understanding of reality.

Good article on how facts change here:

https://www.businessinsider.com/changed-facts-2013-12?r=US&IR=T

2 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

So what you're saying is that this comes down to you not understanding what the word "fact" means.

Oh in that case it is a 'fact' that you shag dogs without a johnny on. 

Parody of yourself you. 

Statistics on total deaths in this country in March this year against a five year average:

Week ended                                                06-Mar-20              13-Mar-20               20-Mar-20

Total deaths, all ages                                   10,895                    11,019                    10,645
Total deaths: average of corresponding
week over the previous 5 years                     11,498                    11,205                    10,573

31 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Isnt that an opinion?

Steaming water LOOKS hot. Opinion.

After touching water, turns out the water is very cold. Fact.

As for the facts in that article, as an example Pluto not being a planet is based on the opinion of what a planet actually is. Therefore Pluto not being a planet is an opinion, not a fact.