You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, davelfc said:

Screenshot-2020-04-02-at-16-06-42.png

Voyage Care provides support for thousands of people with learning and physical disabilities, brain injuries, autism and other needs across the UK.

I can't believe what I'm reading. 

I said yesterday about the UK Government and this virus being a cull, but the content of that tweet goes beyond a cull.  I don't even know what you'd call it?  State sponsored [insert appropriate word]? 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Moo said:

I can't believe what I'm reading. 

I said yesterday about the UK Government and this virus being a cull, but the content of that tweet goes beyond a cull.  I don't even know what you'd call it?  State sponsored [insert appropriate word]? 

The Tories own Aktion T4

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

What's this 5g shite all about. Why are people so terrified of it.

It's just an attempt to scare people out of wanting 5g as the Chinese are fucking miles ahead and the west want to cause the public  not to demand it which will allow the likes of Nokia or whoever to catch up. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Committed to 25000 tests a day by the end of April. He’s just taking the piss now.

EDIT: Sorry, 100,000. Do we believe him?

He's committed to all kinds since the start of this and missed every single one. Then once he realises he has nowhere to run and knows the press will be after him, he says "sorry about me, it's tough getting anything done when we don't make or do anything in this country any more, but don't worry, the British are a hard working genius nation and we'll do 50 trillion be the end of next week"

57 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

People blaming it on the Atletico game. 

They might not be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

It's just an attempt to scare people out of wanting 5g as the Chinese are fucking miles ahead and the west want to cause the public  not to demand it which will allow the likes of Nokia or whoever to catch up. 

It goes deeper than that, I'm in telecommunications and the tree huggers have been beating the 5g drum for a couple of years. It wasn't even in the country and they were claiming it was killing people and causing all sorts of other terrible illnesses, it was nothing to do with the US or China unless they infiltrated the hippy communes a couple of years back.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Committed to 25000 tests a day by the end of April. He’s just taking the piss now.

EDIT: Sorry, 100,000. Do we believe him?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/coronavirus-tests-boris-johnson-testing-17951112

Arsehole Johnson from 19th March;

"We're massively increasing the testing to see whether you have it now and ramping up daily testing from 5,000 a day, to 10,000 a day, to 25,000 and then up to 250,000," he said.

This was the objective a couple of weeks ago, now it is being announced as a breakthrough that we have a target of 100000 a day in four weeks time. 

So a complete failure presented as a potential achievement.

I await the celebrations when we reach 25000 tests per day at the end of May.

1 minute ago, johnsusername said:

Over 50,000 deaths. Hard to believe we're now going into April. And it's going to get worse. Fuck. 

If it keeps doubling every week, it's going to get out of control. Oh wait...

https://newsthump.com/2020/04/02/government-announces-7000-new-ventilators-after-agreeing-to-retain-all-7000-existing-ventilators/?fbclid=IwAR2g7fig5B8mJy7IYeiY4D4fVpNtfNMqgatQnk0Q-Dd-g-zmggmJ4uTX55g

The government has allayed fears over the number of ventilators available in the NHS to fight COVID-19, after confirming they have secured 7,000 new ventilators by retaining the 7,000 ventilators the NHS already has.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock confirmed that the government’s investment would see 7,000 new ventilators available on the front line, but when pressed indicated that the ventilators are already in the NHS.

He told reporters via Zoom, “Yes, just because these 7,000 devices are already in the NHS doesn’t mean we can’t count them as new ventilators.

“These are ventilators that we are committed to retaining for the duration of the crisis, and therefore they won’t be leaving the NHS, so technically they are new ventilators and we can count them as such.

“I don’t know why you don’t all understand this, it’s just basic maths.”

Patient Simon Williams told us, “It does sound a bit like creative accounting. I mean, if you have 7,000 of something, then get 7,000 new of that thing, you would expect to have 14,000 of that thing, right?

“I just hope this kind of counting doesn’t take off, because I’d really hate for my boss to say my pay rise this year is actually just made up of the wages I’m being allowed to retain.

“I also hope none of the Tories advocating this counting method are currently homeschooling their children in Mathematics. Those poor children.”

Downing Street confirmed later the ventilator numbers, while announcing the country now has two health ministers after Matt Hancock was retained in his role.

21 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Not that I'm one to look at the positives but 200000 have recovered out of that million so far!

If you keep looking at the negatives only in a crisis like this you'll end up dying of fright, never mind the virus!

Frank Carson, News at Ten, Belfast!

Bloody hell. Being told to look on the bright side of life by @Creator Supreme? Where is @TheDrowningMan when you need him?