You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I think it's deliberate tactics, certainly in the case of the UK.  I don't think even Johnson and his cronies are so stupid or arrogant to have seen what's gone on overseas and thought it couldn't happen here.  They want large numbers dead.  They want a cull of the "weak" and the vulnerable. 

1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I'm usually very quick to join an anti-Tory stance , but surely the vast majority of those dead would be archetypal Tory voters.

I’m with Roger on this one. Tories are cunts, sure. However the idea that they’re somehow happy to, amongst other things, pay out hundreds of billions to the man on the street, tank the economy and shine a big fuck off light on how thinly stretched the NHS is, including doctors dying, purely so they can commit wilful genocide on probably less than 100,000 pensioners just doesn’t make sense. 

Have they fucked up their response by acting too slowly? Fuck yeah. Should the NHS have been more prepared? Damn right it should. Does Boris Johnson finger little boys? Only a fool would deny it. But ‘a cull of the weak and vulnerable’ is a hell of a leap. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m with Roger on this one. Tories are cunts, sure. However the idea that they’re somehow happy to, amongst other things, pay out hundreds of billions to the man on the street, tank the economy and shine a big fuck off light on how thinly stretched the NHS is, including doctors dying, purely so they can commit wilful genocide on probably less than 100,000 pensioners just doesn’t make sense. 

Have they fucked up their response by acting too slowly? Fuck yeah. Should the NHS have been more prepared? Damn right it should. Does Boris Johnson finger little boys? Only a fool would deny it. But ‘a cull of the weak and vulnerable’ is a hell of a leap. 

The same Tory party that has stripped the NHS to it's bare bones through austerity and not given one single fuck about those who depended on it or worked within it ?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The same Tory party that has stripped the NHS to it's bare bones through austerity and not given one single fuck about those who depended on it or worked within it ?

The exact same. I don’t understand what they have to gain politically or economically from what’s being suggested. They’ve fucked this thing up through sheer incompetence, not through a calculated attempt to murder half a million people. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The exact same. I don’t understand what they have to gain politically or economically from what’s being suggested. They’ve fucked this thing up through sheer incompetence, not through a calculated attempt to murder half a million people. 

There is loads for them to gain economically, old people are one of the biggest drains on the country's finances & these cunts are going to be in power for a good while yet.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mook said:

There is loads for them to gain economically, old people are one of the biggest drains on the country's finances & these cunts are going to be in power for a good while yet.

Yeah, they’ve literally just been given another five years. Surely it would have made more sense to deal with this in the best way possible. Then Workington Man goes back to not giving a fuck whilst the Tories get back to the business of fucking him over for the benefit of their mates. 

Now instead they’re gonna have to answer for a lot of this shit, particularly with regards to the NHS and especially if the number of people dying keeps going up as we’re all expecting it to in the next couple of weeks. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Yeah, they’ve literally just been given another five years. Surely it would have made more sense to deal with this in the best way possible. Then Workington Man goes back to not giving a fuck whilst the Tories get back to the business of fucking him over for the benefit of their mates. 

Now instead they’re gonna have to answer for a lot of this shit, particularly with regards to the NHS and especially if the number of people dying keeps going up as we’re all expecting.

The population is so dumbed down they will just take their chances.  Look at the daily farcical press thingy, they just dodge the questions and say "get through it together".  All these cunts need is a three or four word slogan and the thick idiots out there who vote for them are like putty in their hand.  They absolutely trounced Labour using three words, "get Brexit done".  They're fucking Teflon and they know it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m with Roger on this one. Tories are cunts, sure. However the idea that they’re somehow happy to, amongst other things, pay out hundreds of billions to the man on the street, tank the economy. 

Well yeah they are throwing us a few hundred billion but it's so we can spend it, shit still costs the same amount, rent still needs paying, car insurance needs paying, gas electric etc, so all of that money they hand us makes it's way back around to those same rich folk in the end. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Now instead they’re gonna have to answer for a lot of this shit, particularly with regards to the NHS and especially if the number of people dying keeps going up as we’re all expecting it to in the next couple of weeks. 

I said in the GE thread after the result that it would take something catastrophic to get the Tories out. I don't think this has reached a catastrophic stage. This pandemic couldn't have happened at a better time for them. They're a few months into a five year term. It's a pity it couldn't have happened after they'd been in power for three or four years.

By the time the next GE come around, all the focus will be on the next hatchet job they're going to do on Labour.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I said in the GE thread after the result that it would take something catastrophic to get the Tories out. I don't think this has reached a catastrophic stage. This pandemic couldn't have happened at a better time for them. They're a few months into a five year term. It's a pity it couldn't have happened after they'd been in power for three or four years.

By the time the next GE come around, all the focus will be on the next hatchet job they're going to do on Labour.

Aye. It’s gonna be interesting to see if this crisis is enough for the Yanks to oust The Donald. 

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Will the UK be the first country to have more than 1,000 deaths in a single day when it happens in the next few days?

The US will most likely have more than 1k deaths tomorrow. 869 confirmed dead today and still the country isn't locked down yet. 

EDIT: Spain has 920+ today also, could also reach 1k by tomorrow. 

Just now, DJLJ said:

The US will most likely have more than 1k deaths tomorrow. 869 confirmed dead today and still the country isn't locked down yet. 

Trump has had a pop at Boris Johnson today for his slow reaction to the virus 

2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

To be fair, the UK barely has lockdown and even if it did the results of which wouldn't be seen yet. That's considerably more worrying.

Yeah what was started on the 23rd still has a way to go yet by the looks of it before the effects are properly seen, whatever they are. So eventually things might get better but this looks like it's clearly going to get worse for a while yet. It could be halfway through April before all of the cases from before the lockdown are done with.

They've made a real fucking mess of this that's for sure.

52 minutes ago, Mook said:

Johnson did say he had a plan for social care, but he never did say what it was. Maybe this was it?

It looks like the US and India are really going to send the amount of cases through the roof. I was mainly concerned about the US at first but seeing all those migrants lined up trying to get home in India not so long back that was linked here, that's really bad and it's hard to imagine what the effect will be if some of them had the virus and it's not been checked on.

The Hopkins map has India with only 2000 cases so far, that's probably going to rocket up soon. They might need a lot of help from other countries to keep any type of control over it if they don't deal with it better shortly. 1.3 billion population and with Modi in charge, doesn't give a lot of confidence.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/absolutely-wrong-how-uk-coronavirus-test-strategy-unravelled

It rather nicely outlines the scale of the cock up by the UK government where we've ended up at the back of the queue for testing. We wasted the first two weeks of March ignoring clinical science going for a controlled epidemic, it wasn't until they realised we'd end up with 250,000+ dead and 20% of the population would contract a severe illness that they changed track.

Personally I think this will haunt them for several generations.

31 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's also taken all the focus away from the Brexit shit show as well now.

Brexiteers will insist that our country would have been incredibly prosporous if it weren't for that bloody foreign virus.

15 minutes ago, clangers said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/01/absolutely-wrong-how-uk-coronavirus-test-strategy-unravelled

It rather nicely outlines the scale of the cock up by the UK government where we've ended up at the back of the queue for testing. We wasted the first two weeks of March ignoring clinical science going for a controlled epidemic, it wasn't until they realised we'd end up with 250,000+ dead and 20% of the population would contract a severe illness that they changed track.

Nothing should be surprising when it comes to the Tories. 

16 minutes ago, clangers said:

It won't.  The Labour party is nowhere to be seen in holding them to account, the majority of mainstream media is completely right wing, the BBC has lost all ability to do its job, and the Tories will get off scot free.

• Upvote 3