You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Cheers mucker, anything is worth a go. Hope your health is improving.

No problems mate, sharing ideas that may help is always good. Like Suzy said earlier, the majority of us aren't teachers. Certain things come naturally, others stuff is more challenging. The wife is a Kindergarten teacher doing speech therapy and even she struggles to understand some of the stuff they want our children to do. I have to say, Google and the various forums are a massive help if you need info. Imagine if this sort of thing had happened to us all in the so called modern World and there was no internet? We'd be fucked mate. 

Feeling a lot better than I was but still feeling like shit, if that makes any sense. Most of the symptoms are hanging about and seem hard to shift. It's that time of the year though, plus i rarely suffer from colds or flu, just have to get on with things and hope that the second test and the other tests lined up for me prove positive. In the big scheme of things there are a lot of people suffering more and I can cross the other bridges in the future if I need to. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Comfortably over an hour since the last post in the thread. That must mean we’re over the peak and Coronavirus is soon to be a thing of the past. 

It has turned into Kindergarten Coronavirus Cop. As a non-parent I have nothing to contribute.  

Hope we get beat.  

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Comfortably over an hour since the last post in the thread. That must mean we’re over the peak and Coronavirus is soon to be a thing of the past. 

Not sure about that but, after self isolating for a couple weeks here I have developed Cuervovirus.

To be fair that’s about 25 more than I was expecting.

EDIT: Is anyone asking why the Dyson ventilator (much heralded because it was invented in ten days) has not yet had design approval, nor is it in production? Anyone in the media? Anyone?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

To be fair that’s about 25 more than I was expecting.

EDIT: Is anyone asking why the Dyson ventilator (much heralded because it was invented in ten days) has not yet had design approval, nor is it in production? Anyone in the media? Anyone?

Because it will just be a modified hairdryer with an LCD display promoting the Dyson product range.

Our government is becoming not unsurprisingly more slippery and evasive by the day as they try to field difficult questions. They just can't stop themselves.

• Upvote 3

Remember those 3.5m test kits that’d be available through Boots and Amazon? The ones that have quietly disappeared from public consciousness....

Downing Street: 2,000 of 500,000 frontline NHS England staff have been tested for coronavirus

At the daily No 10 briefing of lobby journalists, Downing Street said just 2,000 people out of 500,000 frontline NHS England staff have been tested for coronavirus.

Around 1.2 million people work for NHS England in total. One in four frontline staff are estimated to be isolating.

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'm genuinely stunned to still see people saying that they think that the government have dealt well with all of this. 

It's been confused, reactionary panic. They're a bunch of fucking cunts. 

I'm not sure that will last, it's easy at the moment for the majority to clap along to their 'stoic' government. Too many difficult questions for them to answer. When the majority are directly affected by this opinion will change.

What were Boris and Co doing throughout February when this was heading our way? As I recall he disappeared for 10 days?

2 minutes ago, clangers said:

I'm not sure that will last, it's easy at the moment for the majority to clap along to their 'stoic' government. Too many difficult questions for them to answer. When the majority are directly affected by this opinion will change.

What was Boris and Co doing throughout February when this was heading our way? As I recall he disappeared for 10 days?

Dicking about over whether Big Ben should chime on Brexit Day.

Guest Pistonbroke
21 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Tempted to go back to the first pages in this and see all the people bleating about it being "just the flu for fucks sake"

Unfortunately loads still think like that. It has to be said that it is mainly those cunts who think they are immune to any lasting/fatal damage, and are just pissed off that the pubs and restaurants are shut. Those latest figures for the UK are not good at this stage and clearly show the lack of respect the Government showed towards a killer virus despite other countries showing them the way to go and why they themselves were slow off the mark despite acting quicker than the UK. The issue with PPE equipment and Ventilators is just pure madness and nothing more than incompetence. It's no wonder that some of those at the top have apparently got symptoms and are in hiding, bunch of cunts.